Shield Training

Ishalan
Ishalan Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
Do you all realize you skipped TALOS in shield training which is making it a bit harder to keep up?

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or Talos is impersonating Ronin in the next one?
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    Silver linings and all....

I’d rather skip ST altogether than drop 100k+ ISO into the worst 4* ever made for the game.

Im sure I’m in the minority there, since most people probably have him covered by now and would feel less slighted. Personally, they could skip him forever and I’d be happy.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Less need to use Talos, the absolute better.
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 488 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2019
    jp1 said:

I’d rather skip ST altogether than drop 100k+ ISO into the worst 4* ever made for the game.

Im sure I’m in the minority there, since most people probably have him covered by now and would feel less slighted. Personally, they could skip him forever and I’d be happy.
    I call him the discount version of Mystique.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bzhai said:
    jp1 said:

I call him the discount version of Mystique.
    Now with an extra star!
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2019
    Or that it was a guessing game between Ronin and Sabretooth... I chose poorly. 
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    I figured more people were going to be in a hurry to cover Sabertooth (I know I was)...so they would go with Ronin. 
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    They have skipped new characters before. It's nothing new.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    If only the game would let my Talos do that in SHIELD Training.  I might use him more...
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    jp1 said:Silver linings and all....

I'm pretty sure it's Emma impersonating Talos inside our minds, and they can't run her twice because people would be pissed. Because she sucks.
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    I hate this skipping chars for ST. After revealing Thanos to be essential one week after he entered tokens (I BH-ed Talos of course) I switched my bonus heroes to the one 4-star nearest to a 5-star champion reward. Since then I gained two 5-stars and I'm happy with that. 
    Why couldn't they just let the oldest of the three latest 4-stars ( you know what I mean?) be an essential for ST once and then go on to the next. That would be fair. You could plan around it and they would us have to put Iso in every char. Now some Talos' will be rotting at level 70 forever. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    The game is very old in terms of mobile games.  It seems clear that, at best, the playerbase is stable with no net growth.

And yet the devs want to continue to not only turn a profit but INCREASE their profits.  Which makes sense. We all want to earn raises every year, but if revenue stays the same, where's the budget for that?

So they find subtle ways to increase pressure on players and hopefully get spending going.  Maybe you feel like you should use HP for that last cover or two to complete ST.  Then you spend a little money to get more HP since you're low.

It's obviously much more likely that you didn't finish the newest person, so here we are.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    They did choose three old characters ST about three or four times, with the last one back in April 2019 for Thanos ST. At least they let vets complete all middle nodes once in a while. 5 out of 28 ST requiring all three older charactes aren't that bad.

It's obvious they won't choose all three older characters all the time for ST. 

At least most vets can complete about 8/12 of the middle nodes. At most you are missing ~3 tokens which are as good as three 2* and one latest 4* cover. In times like this, make a choice: chase or let go. 

• sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't even have the energy to get upset about this anymore because its almost expected at this point.

It's also not worth it opening a hoard just to be able to get a 4* that doesnt really matter to get ONE measly cover of another 4* I don't care about either. That's how I'm gonna cope with it (that said I'd love to cover them all but these decisions are not helping so whatever).

They should really consider that the dilution in the 4* pool keeps growing and they keep choosing the barely in tokens character as required...   Even if you really really wanted to, it's difficult to get to 9 covers in that short amount of time. Maybe just lower the required level to an equivalent of 7 covers?
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2019
    jamesh said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    If only the game would let my Talos do that in SHIELD Training.  I might use him more...

Trust me, you wouldn’t. 
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2019
    Ishalan said:
    Do you all realize you skipped TALOS in shield training which is making it a bit harder to keep up?
    You do realize that shield training only exists to be an ** to the playerbase.  I wouldn't be amazed if at somepoint they require a character that hasn't even been released yet.

Mod Edit
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    n25philly said:
    Ishalan said:
    You do realize that shield training only exists to be an ** to the playerbase.  I wouldn't be amazed if at somepoint they require a character that hasn't even been released yet.
    I feel like they actually did that once for something.  They had an essential that hadn't entered tokens yet.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    pheregas said:
    n25philly said:
    Ishalan said:
    I feel like they actually did that once for something.  They had an essential that hadn't entered tokens yet.
    MEH was an essential about 3 hours before he entered tokens. 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    bluewolf said:
    pheregas said:
    n25philly said:
    Ishalan said:
    That's the one!  Good memory!
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2019
    pheregas said:
    bluewolf said:
    pheregas said:
    n25philly said:
    Ishalan said:
    That's the one!  Good memory!
    @bluewolf is like Homer, the rememberer, and teller of the histories of our people.