R180 Release Notes (6/10/19)

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm going to go with Black Cat.
  • Jash735
    Jash735 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    edited June 2019
    This is total bologna!! I've been playing on my Kindle for 5 years, am the commander of my alliance, and I have invested countless hours and money in this game. But now b/c I play on a Kindle and don't own a facebook acct. (I refuse), I can no longer play?? What?! Forget you d3go!

//Removed Profanity -Brigby
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    I think the company you should be directing your anger to is Google, rather than d3go.  :o

Try contacting support and see what other arrangements that they can make for you.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the company you should be directing your anger to is Google, rather than d3go.  :o

Try contacting support and see what other arrangements that they can make for you.

Google is requiring that applications published after 1st August support 64-bit devices natively, but there is no requirement to drop support for 32-bit ARM devices.

If MPQ has dropped support for 32-bit Android devices, then that is a decision by the developer/publisher.  It is entirely possible to either publish two APKs that target different sets of devices, or contain both 32-bit and 64-bit native code components in the one APK.  Both of those options do add an extra configuration to test though.

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    Isn’t a new kindle like $40? I get that it’s inconvenient, but maybe it’s a good time to upgrade.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    jp1 said:
    Isn’t a new kindle like $40? I get that it’s inconvenient, but maybe it’s a good time to upgrade.
    Or, a good time to quit instead of waiting it out to the bitter end.
  • jp1
    bluewolf said:
    jp1 said:
    Perhaps, but if you’ve invested countless hours and funds....a few bucks for a cheap tablet shouldn’t be the cause of walking away.
  • bluewolf
    jp1 said:
    bluewolf said:
    jp1 said:
    Perhaps, but if you’ve invested countless hours and funds....a few bucks for a cheap tablet shouldn’t be the cause of walking away.
    Less cause than excuse.  At some point either the game will shut down, or life circumstance will make you walk away.  Or you make that choice before that point.

But yeah, of course it's cheap to get an Amazon Kindle.  Looks like $40 may be a little low unless you want a refurbished 7, but Amazon wants to get these things in your hands and more into their ecosystem, so you won't spend more than about $120 at the most.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    jp1 said:
    Yeah probably +/- 10 bucks, especially with Prime Day coming up.  The % of users on Kindles is probably low.  My gripe is that iOS users received their obsolescence warning months early, and Kindle users receive ~2 weeks notice.  I understand that communication is a bugaboo to D3, but stuff like this should be communicated in a more timely manner.
  • jp1
    jp1 said:
    Yeah probably +/- 10 bucks, especially with Prime Day coming up.  The % of users on Kindles is probably low.  My gripe is that iOS users received their obsolescence warning months early, and Kindle users receive ~2 weeks notice.  I understand that communication is a bugaboo to D3, but stuff like this should be communicated in a more timely manner.
    That’s a fair criticism for sure. Tech devices will always need to be updated...and a seven year old device seems reasonable to upgrade to me. I agree that two weeks notice isn’t a fair move though.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    With Jessica Jones coming out I think tomorrow, I think we might be getting a swerve with Black Cat and it’ll be Hellcat after all.

or maybe Night Nurse
  • bluewolf
    With Jessica Jones coming out I think tomorrow, I think we might be getting a swerve with Black Cat and it’ll be Hellcat after all.

or maybe Night Nurse
    I will see your JJ Season 3 synergy....and raise you the just-released-last-week Issue #1 of the new Black Cat ongoing (the first one ever!) comic book series.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    jp1 said:
    jp1 said:
    That’s a fair criticism for sure. Tech devices will always need to be updated...and a seven year old device seems reasonable to upgrade to me. I agree that two weeks notice isn’t a fair move though.
    as a Ipad mini player.  I pay attention to the iOS development roadmap like a hawk.  I make it a point to keep D3 up to date on the iOS concerns.  In return,  I'm grateful D3 posted their roadmap with respect to ios compatibility.

You need to help them out as well to make sure they know they have active players on whatever platform and make sure they announce their plans with respect to your specific platform.

Everything gets retired and abandoned eventually, but everyone has to take personal responsibility that they know when and how that retirement will come about.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:

or maybe Night Nurse
    I will see your JJ Season 3 synergy....and raise you the just-released-last-week Issue #1 of the new Black Cat ongoing (the first one ever!) comic book series.
    Yeah, Black Cat has had a resurgence in the Spider-Man comics. She was an integral character in the Hunted story arc in Amazing Spider-Man as well.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder what weighs higher: the last gasp of the Netflix Marvel U, or the first run of a black cat comic? Marvel probably likes that comic better.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder if she'll have her classic look, or her PS4 Spider-Man game look.
  • Jash735
    Yeah, the fact that I didn't find out until the update came out and it started trying to send me to a non-existent update really ticked me off. And I understand that my device is old, but I am medically disabled and on an EXTREMELY tight budget. Just b/c I was able to spend money on this game in the past doesn't mean that I now have the money to go buy a new device, (one that would only be used to play this game, anyway) nor should I have to just to continue playing. And for the devs/publishers to expect you to is completely ridiculous, and yes it is on them, not Google and Amazon.

I have sent a ticket to support and they have responded to say that they have made it a priority to come up with a solution. So, I guess we'll see...
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jash735 said:

I have sent a ticket to support and they have responded to say that they have made it a priority to come up with a solution. So, I guess we'll see...
    Let me know if they do come up with a solution.  My son's Kindle might be on that list...I'm not sure if it was a 2012 version.  I'm curious if there is a way to trasnfer the game information from one device to another.  (Difficulty - He's not old enough to have a Facebook account.)
  • jp1
    Jash735 said:

Let me know if they do come up with a solution.  My son's Kindle might be on that list...I'm not sure if it was a 2012 version.  I'm curious if there is a way to trasnfer the game information from one device to another.  (Difficulty - He's not old enough to have a Facebook account.)
    You know it is perfectly legal to create some mock Facebook account for the sole purpose of MPQ and just not give him access to it, right? I mean, not that I’m advocating that sort of thing...
  • Jash735
    I will post whatever they come up with on here.