R180 Release Notes (6/10/19)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Here are the Release Notes for the R180 build.

R180!
  • "Flippin' Lucky"
What's Changed:
  • Due to the 64bit Android requirements, the following devices are no longer supported following this release:
    • Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9 WAN (2012)
    • Amazon Kindle Fire HD (2012)
    • Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9 (2012)
    • Amazon Kindle Fire (2012)
  • Sabretooth (Victor Creed)'s power You Shoulda Run no longer activates when there is an Infinite Power Countdown tile on the board and the enemy is Airborne.

Comments

• Illusionhill
    Illusionhill Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Sounds a lot like Black Cat to me given the clues. 
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 631 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2019
    Sorry, a bit clueless on devices but does this update mean no more MPQ on Kindle Fire? Mine is a Fire HD 8, though not from 2012 not sure how often Amazon updates them.
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 488 Mover and Shaker
    Makes sense if it's Black Cat as we start building up to the new Spiderman movie. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    “Flippin’ lucky”? Luck’s not a power!
    Deadpool (Ryan Reynolds)
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sorry, a bit clueless on devices but does this update mean no more MPQ on Kindle Fire? Mine is a Fire HD 8, though not from 2012 not sure how often Amazon updates them.
    Depending on when you bought yours it could be a 2012 (eg refurb, secondhand, etc).  I think they release them every year.  In the "about" part of your Kindle you can see which model year it is.  So, anything 2012 or earlier is no longer going to be supported (I think my kindle is one of those... boo... nice to see them giving advanced notice... of two weeks...).

• spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Ugggh, we're getting another Spider-Man in game aren't we... Damn that Parker luck.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    Ugggh, we're getting another Spider-Man in game aren't we... Damn that Parker luck.
    5* Bagman!
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    OJSP said:
    With this clue and the one on the App Store, there's not many characters she could be.. I think..
    Yeah. She has been an enemy, love interest, and ally. "Flipping lucky", people around her have "bad luck" so its luck flipped. Screaming black cat in my mind.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    zodiac339 said:
    “Flippin’ lucky”? Luck’s not a power!
    Deadpool (Ryan Reynolds)
    Tell that to Domino...
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    From the Wikipedia Black Cat page:

Black Cat (Felicia Hardy) is a fictional character appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. Throughout her history, Black Cat has sometimes been an enemy, love interest, and ally of the superhero Spider-Man. Created by writer Marv Wolfman and artist Dave Cockrum, she first appeared in The Amazing Spider-Man #194 (July 1979).

(Bolding is mine)
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bzhai said:
    Makes sense if it's Black Cat as we start building up to the new Spiderman movie. 
    Jessica Jones final season out soon. Isn’t her friend supposed to be black cat?
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    Another clue that I wish Brigby would give us is which of the latest 4* (Ronin/Sabretooth/Someone else) is going to be the required character for Shield Training so that we could all set our 4* BH appropriately!

KGB
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pongie said:
    Bzhai said:
    Jessica Jones final season out soon. Isn’t her friend supposed to be black cat?
    Patsy Walker is Hellcat.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby
    Is that Amazon tablet list complete?  
  • Magipink
    Magipink Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    tiomono said:
    OJSP said:
    With this clue and the one on the App Store, there's not many characters she could be.. I think..
    Yeah. She has been an enemy, love interest, and ally. "Flipping lucky", people around her have "bad luck" so its luck flipped. Screaming black cat in my mind.
    I was thinking that we always were in the x-(wo)men era but this clues are proofs that 4* Black cat is confirmed
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Not Longshot? Huh.

I'd rather have Felicia, but I assumed this was for Longshot.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was also kind of hoping for Longshot. I do hope we get a Mojo someday as well
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe if Longshot gets his own ongoing comic book someday.....  I'd love Longshot as well.
  • Kalidor
    Kalidor Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Whats the deal with the unsupported devices? I don't have a kindle, so judging by this list, I should be ok, but update R180 isnt supported on my device according to the play store. Yeah, I know its an old tablet device, but in game performance has been fine.
    Is this really the end of the road for me? If so, Im really going to miss playing MPQ :(