• Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    OJSP said:
    What is a rev?

Release Event Vault
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    I think the popup stores are the much better option than pulling Classics in general.  I just dislike the odds in Classics, although I do pull a few Classics sometimes when I'm hoarding or waiting for someone to leave Latests (like say, Carol).   I also think the popup are the answer to 5* dilution, at least for the immediate future.

I should have been clear:  While the devs' answer to 5* Classic dilution is probably the popup store, it's certainly not a perfect solution for players.  But there's what helps us the most, and then there's what helps us while keeping the game up and running.

I do kind of think it's the best we can expect for a while.  5's are still supposed to be hard to get; they remain the ultimate prize as presented to us, even if there are 34 of them requiring a very large number of covers to finish.

Maybe there will be a day as they shift further away from 4 releases (I presume this is something like the plan they have) when they make permanent steps to make 5's easier to get, as dilution and sheer numbers continue to increase the difficulty in finishing a 5 in Classics.

Feeders help a lot, and have helped me make a lot of progress, but lately they have slowed down, of course.  Regardless, the majority of 5's are fed and that avenue can't be discounted as a way to make progress.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Therealsmkspy

I wasn't trying to say that you called classics impossible. That's why you were not quoted in the post I said that.

It's just I see that attitude in general on the forums of people feeling classic pulls are a lost cause. When i see a 25% increased 4* progression rate, which in my head is also 25% more chances at pulling any 5*, I see value. So I made the decision for myself that I am happy with the tradeoff of dillution for more pulls.
  • Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Once you are at the point where 4* are just champ rewards, you are deciding whether you would rather pay ~20 cp(after getting ~5 cp back in champ rewards) for a token with 2/3 or 3/3 useful 5’s or 15 cp for a token with ~5/30 useful 5’s.  To me it’s a no brainer to go with the first choice.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    This happens, at least we have saved covers now, imagine back before this.. i had 2 surfer covers i was forced to sell before they expired on me way back in the day (he was 0/5/3 at the time) 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof said:
    This happens, at least we have saved covers now, imagine back before this.. i had 2 surfer covers i was forced to sell before they expired on me way back in the day (he was 0/5/3 at the time) 
    I had to sell a Banner cover because it was prior to saved covers and it was my Daily Resupply.  I pleaded with CS to change it to a different color but they said nope.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I expect that made you angry...

i’ll get my coat.