0 / 1 / 8 covers with Hela

Xanderson
Xanderson Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
I enjoy the game too much to stop playing but I’m going to be taking a break after my 8th black Hela cover. The saving system is nice but I’d be surprised if I didn’t get more black covers on my long way to championing Hela. 

Comments

• hilsen2
    hilsen2 Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Tell that to my 1/4/9 Kitty.

I caved in and made her 2/4/6 with the saved tokens, but she is the complete opposite of the cover assignment i wanted for her (A usable soft covered  5/4/1)
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    Same thing happened to me with Hela's black. I had 5 black covers before any other. 

Definitely gotta leave yourself plenty of extra pulls when you pull that hoard. 
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    3/16/4 GED.
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    3/16/4 GED.
      I was wondering where the intended blacks for my 4/0/4 GED were disappearing to!
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    AlexR said:
    3/16/4 GED.
      I was wondering where the intended blacks for my 4/0/4 GED were disappearing to!
    Oh look, he got mine too (and probably a few other's too). 16 covers, that is crazy :S

The save feature is nice, but for 5s is not enough, we really need to be able to swap covers 1:1 not 3:1 like now.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cheers awful RNG-Brother!  My Hela is clocking in at 1/8/0 so I feel you.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    3/16/4 GED.
    So basically a champed GED. 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dogface said:
    3/16/4 GED.
    I've never used saved covers to buy a different color.  Seems like a waste of covers.  That being said...  I think the above GED would get me to change my mind.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas said:
    Dogface said:
    3/16/4 GED.
    I've never used saved covers to buy a different color.  Seems like a waste of covers.  That being said...  I think the above GED would get me to change my mind.
    Meh. He is done the instant he gets a feeder. I could wait it out for 3 extra champ levels.
  • Therealsmkspy
    edited June 2019
    I traded in to champ him. I could wait out a feeder, but it could be next year for all I know when he might get one. It's really just a loss of two champ levels, kinda meh when he'll never make it over 465 anyways.
  • tiomono
    I traded in to champ him. I could wait out a feeder, but it could be next year for all I know when he might get one. It's really just a loss of two champ levels, kinda meh when he'll never make it over 465 anyways.
    That's another huge reason I can't convince myself to pull from exclusively latests. Champ levels on 5*'s are great. If you never pull classics you are stunting longterm 5* growth. Latests is an endless hamster wheel of low level champs. 

Classics is a long slog. I'm confident that it will eventually snowball and gain speed the more 5*'s I get champed though. Just like every tier below it.

They really need to tweak bonus heros or do something else to help though. Covering 5*'s is the most obnoxious part of this game in my opinion.
  • Therealsmkspy
    edited June 2019
    tiomono said:
    That's another huge reason I can't convince myself to pull from exclusively latests. Champ levels on 5*'s are great. If you never pull classics you are stunting longterm 5* growth. Latests is an endless hamster wheel of low level champs. 

Classics is a long slog. I'm confident that it will eventually snowball and gain speed the more 5*'s I get champed though. Just like every tier below it.

They really need to tweak bonus heros or do something else to help though. Covering 5*'s is the most obnoxious part of this game in my opinion.
    That would be fine and good, but odds on 5s would have to be significantly increased to be anywhere near the very very slow progress that 4* champ rewards are already. 

Building a 5 just isn't a realistic thing in classics neither is the long game strategy for it. 
  • tiomono
    tiomono said:

That would be fine and good, but odds on 5s would have to be significantly increased to be anywhere near the very very slow progress that 4* champ rewards are already. 

Building a 5 just isn't a realistic thing in classics neither is the long game strategy for it. 
    There were 17 characters in classics when I champed my first 5* daredevil. I got him from latests. I was also able to get kitty and gambit from latests. My other 5 5* champs are from the unrealistic mega diluted classics. 2 of my 5 dont have a feeder. I sold my champed gambit when he got changed. My new one is at 6 covers already. I will happily continue on my unrealistic decision.
  • Therealsmkspy
    tiomono said:
    tiomono said:

There were 17 characters in classics when I champed my first 5* daredevil. I got him from latests. I was also able to get kitty and gambit from latests. My other 5 5* champs are from the unrealistic mega diluted classics. 2 of my 5 dont have a feeder. I sold my champed gambit when he got changed. My new one is at 6 covers already. I will happily continue on my unrealistic decision.

And if those 5* from classic how many were build purely based on classic pulls? How many feeder covers did those three benefit from and where did their previous covers come from? 

And funny how we're close to double the number of fives in classics as when you champed your first five. But that's irrelevant to the point. 
  • tiomono
    edited June 2019
    tiomono said:
    tiomono said:

And if those 5* from classic how many were build purely based on classic pulls? How many feeder covers did those three benefit from and where did their previous covers come from? 

And funny how we're close to double the number of fives in classics as when you champed your first five. But that's irrelevant to the point. 
    The only times I pulled from latests was when I was trying to get daredevil gambit and kitty. Also when there was only surfer, oml, and Phoenix.

I got black bolt and bssm from classics. Bolt has 2 covers from medusa and no bonus hero levels. Bssm has one cover from infinity spidey and no bonus heros. I got Peter parker spidey from latest and classics. He has 3 covers from vulture and was at 8 after leaving latests. My archangel was at 8 or 9 covers from latests and was finished in classics and now has 1 champ level from a saved cover. Banner was 100% from classics with no feeder. And no bonus heros.

My daredevil has gotten 1 feeder from kingpin and 3 covers from classics as champ rewards. Kitty has gotten 4 champ levels from classics and 1 more level from a saved cover.

Daredevil was my first, then gambit, kitty, bolt, angel, bssm, hulk, and last was Peter. So 2 of my 8 were purely classics. One with 2 feeder covers and no bonus heros. The other with no feeder or bonus heros.

You can think whatever you want but I have gotten 5*s completed out of classics and I will get more as I continue to pull classics.

Edit: I am on day 1900. So I have gotten covers from daily resupply as well. I dont spend money regularly. I have never bought VIP. I only play to 575 points in versus. I only play to max progression in story. My progress overall could be faster if I played more competitively.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    At this point, looks like the most clever thing to do would be to get a base of 250 pulls (between CP and LT), hoard those until another meta 5 is released (so don't touch them), ignore all other 5s released (anything after Kitty basically, even Hela, she is not a meta breaking) and then when getting more CPs and LTs start to pull from classics, always having 250 pulls from latest ready. Also, always have a good base of CPs as you never know when a really amazing store can be released (imagine Okoye, Thor, Kitty in the same store).

This way, we would be safe if another earth shattering meta char is released, but we would be able to start pulling from classics.

Of course a lot of willpower is needed to hoard so much and not open them, but I think at this point classic is looking more and more attractive (the extra 4s that you get is A LOT).
  • tiomono
    I'm not trying to say classics is the only way or the right way to cover 5*'s. Latests have advantages too. Both classics and latests have drawbacks. So it's up to a player to decide for themselves what to do. 

I just get a bit confused by people saying it's impossible to cover characters from classics. They strive so hard to get a character covered in latests before "they are lost forever in classics purgatory". 

Something most definitely needs to be done to make the transition and growth of the 5* tier a bit more attainable though. Not drastically different, but some kind of nudge in the players favor to not make it feel so daunting.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Devs have launched a full on onslaught against hoarding this year, I don't recall anything like it and it makes me slightly suspicious that a new meta 5 will be arriving any time soon unless it is by pure accident (I don't think Kitty was designed as meta on release despite the obvious possibilities). I just don't think they want to have another Gambit situation where players can unleash their hoards, champ and dominate whilst others scream with rage. Once bitten and all that.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the popup stores are the much better option than pulling Classics in general.  I just dislike the odds in Classics, although I do pull a few Classics sometimes when I'm hoarding or waiting for someone to leave Latests (like say, Carol).   I also think the popup are the answer to 5* dilution, at least for the immediate future.

I also don't think the meta will shift for a long time.  They have expressed a concern about making the game faster, and speed is all that you have in the game in terms of defining the meta.

On the other hand, regardless of the intent regarding meta shifts, if the devs have any intention to modify stores or resources/tokens to address some of the issues in the game (such as dilution), that gets easier to do and plan if there aren't lots of big hoards around.

Lastly, the long time vets have mature rosters and get a lot of CP from champ rewards, so making more opportunities to use it makes sense in terms of a desire on the devs' part to keep on hand resources low.  Lower resources makes people play more and spend more, at least in theory.
  • Therealsmkspy
    edited June 2019
    TMI post lol