Upcoming Server Maintenance (6/6/19)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

On June 12th at 9am ET, there will be a scheduled maintenance period so that updates can be applied to key software that Marvel Puzzle Quest uses on the server. Players should not experience any changes to the game after the upgrade has completed.
  • Start: 6/12/19 9am ET
  • End: 6/12/19 ~1pm ET
Downtime could potentially last up to 4 hours, so players should plan accordingly, however it's possible that the downtime may not last the entire time. As soon as the update is finished, players will be able to re-enter the game.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Comments

• Mrmjchess1
    Mrmjchess1 Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Thanks for the heads up
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    This will add some drama to the PVE that starts/ends its subs at noon EST...

Although, admittedly, there probably isn’t a “good” time to shut down for 4 hours on a mobile game played world-wide.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    One upside is that there's enough notice that at least some people will be able to simply pick a different sub (not everyone has flexible free time to take advantage of that, but it's an improvement over the last downtime where people had committed to a sub event before finding out about the downtime).
  • Neoktheone
    Neoktheone Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Thanks for the heads up! Really bad timing for my usual time bracket, so I have to see if there’s A good alternative.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    Note that the downtime is "up to 4 hours".  There have been downtimes like this before that said the same thing but were a lot shorter.

Not sure there's a good answer for S2 players.....early clear or play the odds....
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    I believe this also could affect S4/5 PvP.

Will there be an in-game announcement? Seems like there ought to be...

I already chatted to my alliance about it, but who knows how many people will actually see this news.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    For UK users such as myself, add five hours to the above times.
    Start: 2pm BST
    End: 6pm BST
  • peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    For UK users such as myself, add five hours to the above times.
    Start: 2pm BST
    End: 6pm BST
    which handily happens whilst I'm at work anyway... not to rub it in the face of everyone else though

• Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone,

On June 12th at 9am ET, there will be a scheduled maintenance period so that updates can be applied to key software that Marvel Puzzle Quest uses on the server. Players should not experience any changes to the game after the upgrade has completed.
    Downtime could potentially last up to 4 hours, so players should plan accordingly, however it's possible that the downtime may not last the entire time. As soon as the update is finished, players will be able to re-enter the game.

Could you please start using GMT time on the announcements? Like GMT-0. Thank you
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got the in-game announcement!

Kudos for doing it better, folks!
  • Jadams78
    Jadams78 Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Dagnabit!!! I accounted for service maintenance. I DIDN'T account for time zones though. Lol
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Could have the let the LRs run for 1 extra min so I  could have won it with 35 points LOL!!!
    I guess 9am means 9am sharp!

• Neoktheone
    Neoktheone Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Phumade said:
    Could have the let the LRs run for 1 extra min so I  could have won it with 35 points LOL!!!
    I guess 9am means 9am sharp!

That Kitty node in Cosmic Chaos lasted a minute too long for me as well. Was hoping they would start a few minutes later than planned, but indeed: 9 am sharp...
  • MorganWick
    MorganWick Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    I feel like they should prevent you from being able to start new clears within a few minutes of when they're going to take down the servers... then again, I was sitting on the pick-your-force screen and I think I was able to start a battle (and even use health packs heading into it) AFTER 6 AM PT that way, only running into a problem when it came time to update the points. And of course I regularly find myself wishing they provided just a bit of leeway for when you finish a battle of a Versus event or Story sub right as the closing time hits...

But I think it might have been a good idea to provide an in-game announcement three hours or so before the maintenance, because I'd seen there was going to be maintenance but plumb forgot about it until the game was sitting on the blue postgame screen not doing anything. A reminder might have led me to better optimize my health pack usage and sleep schedule (especially since I subscribed to the 3 AM PT slice for Deadpool's Versus event).
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone,

Could you please start using GMT time on the announcements? Like GMT-0. Thank you
    Why?  D3/Demiurge is based in the USA so they should use the most common timezone there.

Next thing is your going to expect them to start using the metric system and caring about countries other than themselves.

/s

• WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    abmoraz said:
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone,

Why?  D3/Demiurge is based in the USA so they should use the most common timezone there.

Next thing is your going to expect them to start using the metric system and caring about countries other than themselves.

/s

Caring about their customers would be a better marketing strategy
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2019
    Google Search Time Zone that D3/Dimiurge states in the thread and compare to the time that you have at the time of your search. Then just subtract or add the time to what time is stated for the Maintenance. Easy. You can't expect them to state all the time zones in the world that would be insane.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    WEBGAS said:
    abmoraz said:
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone,

/s

Caring about their customers would be a better marketing strategy

Its probably not the worst idea to post in 3 different timezones.   Anyone who has to work with overseas colleagues already know to post conf call details with timezone abbreviations.

If your game encompasses a world population, and honestly, MPQ is a World Wide Game.

It would make sense to always say EST, GMT and the main Asia timezone. 

Edit:  As a FYI almost every major Alliance Family specifically splits up commanders in World wide timezones specifically so they can let people in etc at all hours of the day.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    How about doing them during the least played times? I’m assuming this choice didn’t reflect that. Even better, since they apparently have grossed hundreds of millions, have a mirror to use in the interim maybe?