Non-offensive working title about dilution.

2»

Comments

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think anyone could answer that without knowing how many characters you're talking about and what the odds are exactly.
    If we're talking about a limited pool of characters, any such offer would likely be compared to the legendary tokens offered during vaulting: 25 CP for a 15% chance of three 5* characters or 85% chance of twelve 4* characters.  It would need to be significantly better to command a higher price.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is really time to do something. It is so fricking annoying getting short for a char that then he moves into classic so you will never ever finish him.

It is time to lower the cost of covers from 720 to 360. This way at least it would make a bit easier to finish some chars (no way anyone is going to pay 2100 CPs to finish a 10 cover 5).
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares said:
    It is really time to do something. It is so fricking annoying getting short for a char that then he moves into classic so you will never ever finish him.

It is time to lower the cost of covers from 720 to 360. This way at least it would make a bit easier to finish some chars (no way anyone is going to pay 2100 CPs to finish a 10 cover 5).
    Thats sorta the point.  They have specifically said they priced the 720cp to be unreasonable and not encourage players into an outright buy.

I totally agree the std buy rates are outrageously high and I might actually raise that price for this reason.

1.  When they introduced that price, cp was at a premium.  But now CP is a fairly reliable and predictable income source.  There been enough cp inflation that 720cp is less than 2 or 3 weeks of play.  That was not their intent when they set that price and

LIKE EVERYTHING ESLE the devs should go back revamp with the understanding of what player rosters exist currently and what kind of resources they can generate in 2-3 weeks of play
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2019
    Proposed solution for dilution. 

One way to deal with dilution is to offer a seasonal store. It would be just like classics, except only offer the powers that corresponds with the season. So Reality Season would only offer red powers. For 20 (probably 25) cp you can pull knowing you'll only get red powers. This works well because there are six primary colors in game and six stones. Time Stone is Green matches Green powers Reality Stone is Red matches Red powers Space Stone is Blue matches Blue powers Soul Stone is Orange use for Black powers Mind Stone is Yellow matches Yellow powers Power Stone is Purple matches Purple powers By my count if you offered a special Reality store you'd have 16 5s and 39 4s.
    This helps dilution a lot. And also entices those missing specific covers.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just suppose, another new store(s) pop up with only a number of 4* and 5* selected by the devs that rotates every month. However, this store will cost 40CP to 60CP or 400 to 600HP instead of 20/25cp or 100/200HP. Will players in here be pleased or will they call the devs greedy or desperate?
    Surely this would depend entirely on what the Dev's motives were? If the motives were to help combat dilution then you would at least hope they would go no further than the highest (as far asI know) CP cost stores of the past i.e. Civil War at 30CP. If the Dev's intention is to profit off of dilution (a situation they have 100% caused) then I imagine the reaction would be more outraged.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    Phumade said:
    Polares said:

Thats sorta the point.  They have specifically said they priced the 720cp to be unreasonable and not encourage players into an outright buy.

I totally agree the std buy rates are outrageously high and I might actually raise that price for this reason.

1.  When they introduced that price, cp was at a premium.  But now CP is a fairly reliable and predictable income source.  There been enough cp inflation that 720cp is less than 2 or 3 weeks of play.  That was not their intent when they set that price and

LIKE EVERYTHING ESLE the devs should go back revamp with the understanding of what player rosters exist currently and what kind of resources they can generate in 2-3 weeks of play
    But 5s were at a premium when they were released, it was hard to get them. Now it is not as hard and most dedicated players have them.

I think the problem now has changed a bit into getting the old 5s or finishing 5s you could not cover completely when they where in latest, not getting 5s in general. Ie: I opened my hoard and got Hela and Carol covered, but my Doom just got 10 covers because I was quite unlucky. So I still got two 5s completely covered, the problem will be finishing the one I could not because of bad RNG (just 10% ratio, Carol got most covers, I got 6 yellow covers for Doom and no cover swaps, etc.)

Maybe instead of lowering the cost from buying covers, there should be more than one 5 featured for the 500/250 cps. One is too little, the cycle now is extremely long (how long to get one cover of each color? half a year? Probably even more!).

We need a far easier way of getting 3-4 covers for the 5s we have in Classic. It is really annoying to have 5s at the 8-11 covers, that are mostly useless (just useful when featured in PvE) in your roster with no hope of ever getting them to 13 covers.

PS:The other option would be to have 5 featured chars in PvP too, so at least, those 8-11 cover 5s would also be useful in PvP every now and then (with the extra 70-100 levels of being featured)
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Proposed solution for dilution. 

One way to deal with dilution is to offer a seasonal store. It would be just like classics, except only offer the powers that corresponds with the season. So Reality Season would only offer red powers. For 20 (probably 25) cp you can pull knowing you'll only get red powers. This works well because there are six primary colors in game and six stones. Time Stone is Green matches Green powers Reality Stone is Red matches Red powers Space Stone is Blue matches Blue powers Soul Stone is Orange use for Black powers Mind Stone is Yellow matches Yellow powers Power Stone is Purple matches Purple powers By my count if you offered a special Reality store you'd have 16 5s and 39 4s.
    This helps dilution a lot. And also entices those missing specific covers.
    With each character being strong in three of six colours, this would on average give you half the entire roster each season.  With 80 non-limited 4* characters now, you'd be looking at around 1:40 odds for each character (assuming the pull is a 4*).
    For comparison, with the original vaulting was 1:12 for each character, and the half-and-half gave 1:24 for the twelve latest characters.
    While it might be better than what is currently on offer, it is worse odds than when the devs first started trying to deal with dilution.  And it doesn't actually solve the problem: it just halves the rate it gets worse.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    What if our 47 3*'s all fed 2 different 4*'s? That would equal 94 4* having feeders. We are still 10 4*'s shy of that number.

This would allow an easier time getting one of each color for every 4* while still keeping the hp pressure on developing rosters. It would give those developing rosters a more diverse taste of that boost list. But still force them to make tough roster decisions here and there.
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    I was thinking that Shield Simulator might be an easy place they could make a small effort at fixing dilution.  Have three four stars in the progression awards and instead of the latest four make the latest five the top reward (or a classic five if it would otherwise mean repeating the latest five).  Either rejig the rewards and leave it at 75 wins/2,000 points or have as additional rewards for more clears/points.
    Obviously two four stars and a five star extra per month isn't going to fix dilution but it's also not going to break the economy meaning the Devs could apply it as a quick fix while they work on the issue thus placating disgruntled users and also giving a non-RNG route to five stars.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    Happy Dilutionversary!

It has now been one glorious year since we were told, "Get ready to see more 4-Star characters! No, I’m not talking about the new Spider-Man (although I heard he’s fun to play  ) I’m talking about improving the odds of getting a 4-Star character from packs! "

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/73160/update-to-4-star-pack-odds-6-4-18/p1

Your experience may vary from promised results.
    Lmfao, that was an amusing read. Thanks for that!
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Happy Dilutionversary!

It has now been one glorious year since we were told, "Get ready to see more 4-Star characters! No, I’m not talking about the new Spider-Man (although I heard he’s fun to play  ) I’m talking about improving the odds of getting a 4-Star character from packs! "

Lmfao, that was an amusing read. Thanks for that!
    It just made me miss ducky and punisher.

They still need to up the 4*'s a bit. Maybe slightly increased bonus hero chance. Or enable bonus heros on vaults as well as stores.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Happy Dilutionversary!

What's the word for it when your experience with something varies so much that it in fact bears no resemblance whatsoever?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    We are closing in on the era where no more 4*s will be released, it happened to 3*s, i except alot of changes this year (yeah, giving them some time).