Options
13»

Comments

• khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Matthew said:
    This is fine. Everything is fine right now.
    Yeppers  :)

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    Options
    What is this complaint about the worse droprates?

If I look at the droprates for booster packs in the vault, they seems like pre-v3.4, so is it because I have a VIP plan?

A single RNA booster pack has these drop rates:
    common 97,96%
    uncommon 91,58%
    rare 24,13%
    Mythic 6,96%
    MP 0,36%
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Tremayne said:
    What is this complaint about the worse droprates?

If I look at the droprates for booster packs in the vault, they seems like pre-v3.4, so is it because I have a VIP plan?

A single RNA booster pack has these drop rates:
    common 97,96%
    uncommon 91,58%
    rare 24,13%
    Mythic 6,96%
    MP 0,36%

Sometimes your player levels up. On certain levels you get booster packs. Sometimes they are "standard" and sometimes they are "legacy." It depends on the player lvl you reach. 

They went ahead and nerfed those rewards... as if they weren't bad enough...
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just a reminder, IF you find something that is not working properly, make sure to ALSO make a thread in the bugs section. There are Devs that do not participate in the forum but only read the bugs section (no, they won't reply, someone might though), but they do in fact get read. This is insanely important right now as the bugs are smashed little by little!
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof said:
    Just a reminder, IF you find something that is not working properly, make sure to ALSO make a thread in the bugs section. There are Devs that do not participate in the forum but only read the bugs section (no, they won't reply, someone might though), but they do in fact get read. This is insanely important right now as the bugs are smashed little by little!
    Huh really?  You sure that isn't just for MPQ?

I get the feeling lately that there are absolutely no devs on the forums, considering how much they ignore everything we say.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Yep, the droprates are way, way worse than they were. Like, making the level up boosters more or less pointless. Thanks for nothing.
    -snip-
    Just to clarify, the decrease in drop rates for the booster packs from the Player Level Progression Rewards was to bring them in correct alignment with every other booster pack in the game.

It's more of a fix than a change really, but considering the nature of the topic, we wanted to give it plenty of visibility instead of it potentially becoming obscured in the long-list of bug fixes.
    Tremayne said:
    How do you activate your trial VIP?
    In order to activate the trial VIP, you just sign up for any VIP plan, and you will receive a free Basic (1 week) plan for signing up. It should show up as Free when you click the subscribe button.

Once your free Basic trial plan is over, then the VIP plan subscription you signed up for will begin and you will be charged.
  • TheBigBad
    TheBigBad Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options

It's more of a fix than a change really, but considering the nature of the topic, we wanted to give it plenty of visibility instead of it potentially becoming obscured in the long-list of bug fixes.

The in-game % for a booster pack (not super pack or premium pack) for RNA shows:
    • common 97.96%
    • uncommon 91.58%
    • rare 24.13%
    • mythic 6.96%
    • masterpiece 0.36%
    It's similar for GRN, M19, DOM and IXL.

Can you explain the alignment?
  • Klep
    Klep Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    @TheBigBad The numbers you cited are the percentage chance of getting a card of a particular rarity in a pack.  The numbers in Brigby's post are the percentage chance of a given card in a pack being of a particular rarity.  If you do the math, you'll find both sets of numbers are describing the same thing (i.e., a Masterpiece drop rate of 0.07295% is roughly equivalent to a 0.36% chance of a 5-card pack containing a Masterpiece)
  • TheBigBad
    TheBigBad Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I see.  Thanks for the clarification @Klep
  • Tremayne
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Tremayne said:
    How do you activate your trial VIP?
    In order to activate the trial VIP, you just sign up for any VIP plan, and you will receive a free Basic (1 week) plan for signing up. It should show up as Free when you click the subscribe button.

Once your free Basic trial plan is over, then the VIP plan subscription you signed up for will begin and you will be charged.
    Thank you for replying.

I must admit that I’m not 100% sure, but I don’t think that was what happened to me when I signed up for the Master plan. I’m pretty sure I only got the 9 packs from the master plan, but it is impossible to verify either way, unless I recorded sign up. Since I had other issues with the booster packs (CS have compensated me for the packs that did not reward me with non-dupe cards), my focus was elsewhere.

Have D3/Octagon considered a account log, which contained a 39 day running log of all rewards, purchases and the like? That provide players and CS with a valuable tool in order to confirm what had happened.
  • Klep
    Options
    @Tremayne said:
    Since I had other issues with the booster packs (CS have compensated me for the packs that did not reward me with non-dupe cards), my focus was elsewhere.

You've already been compensated for your non-dupe packs?  How were they given to you? I'm still waiting for mine
  • Tremayne
    Options
    @Klep - Yes, I was compensated Monday evening (the 27th - my time) and verified it Tuesday morning (28th again my time). Took about 3-4 days for CS to close this ticket for me. Great service I think.
  • Klep
    Options
    @Brigby Do we need to file a ticket if we received duplicate cards in our VIP rewards?  I was under the impression that we did not.
  • Tremayne
    Options
    @klep - my problem was a failure to open booster packs. So that is a separate issue perhaps.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Klep said:
    @Brigby Do we need to file a ticket if we received duplicate cards in our VIP rewards?  I was under the impression that we did not.
    We were told we didn't have to, that they knew who we were.  I'm in the same boat as you are (still waiting) and I didn't file a ticket.
  • Klep
    Options
    Klep said:
    We were told we didn't have to, that they knew who we were.  I'm in the same boat as you are (still waiting) and I didn't file a ticket.
    Well I did end up getting mine yesterday evening, so I assume yours is coming.
  • mrixl2520
    mrixl2520 Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Got mine yesterday. Honestly I didn't even know I'd missed rewards what with all the goings on. Gotta say it was a pretty fun experience to open so many rares & mythics in such a short amount of time. 

Thanks to D3GO for rectifying this situation! I am a bit dismayed that their hot new system was released with a pretty serious design flaw. I sincerely hope the new funds helps prevent further issues along these lines.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Uhh...I got 35 yellow crystals, 15 pink, and 1 new standard rare
    ..is that the compensation package everyone else got?  Feels a bit underwhelming.
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Uhh...I got 35 yellow crystals, 15 pink, and 1 new standard rare
    ..is that the compensation package everyone else got?  Feels a bit underwhelming.
    That sounds like the "weekly" extras, which I got after 4 or 5 days already.
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mmh... I got my last 8 missing MP from compensation booster. And didn't open standard booster (for what). 

Now I need a new set for new cards.