***** Rescue (Pepper Potts) *****

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited May 2019 in Character Details
Hi Everyone,

"In the Avengers' time of need, Pepper Potts rises to the occasion as Rescue! Armed with a super-powered suit of Iron armor and her genius intellect, she must prove that she has what it takes to save the day."

Check out the brand new 5-Star Rescue, and find out how you can recruit her onto your roster!

5-Star Rarity (Epic)
Heroes, Avengers
bluetilepng yellowtilepng 

(Abilities listed at level 450)
60,586 Health
bluetilepng 703 | yellowtilepng 625 |  547 |  348 | greentilepng 89 | blacktilepng 83 | purpletilepng 76 |  4.0x

All Systems Go -  9 bluetilepng AP
Pepper Potts takes flight to intercept an enemy missile and hack its navigational systems. Rescue deals 648 damage and steals 1 enemy Strike, Attack, or Protect tile. If there are non-Red enemy Strike, Attack, or Protect tiles on the board after this power is fired, convert them to Red.
  • Level 2: Rescue deals 1296 damage...
  • Level 3: ...damage and steals 2 enemy Strike, Attack, or Protect tiles.
  • Level 4: Rescue deals 1555 damage...
  • Level 5: ...damage and steals 3 enemy Strike, Attack, or Protect tiles.
Your Shield - 8 yellowtilepng AP
Rescue stands her ground between danger and the helpless: your ally, your savior, and your shield. Rescue converts all friendly Strike and Attack tiles into Protect tiles, then improves friendly Protect tiles by 259. If there are no friendly Strike, Attack, or Protect tiles on the board, create 2 strength 259 Protect tiles instead.

(PASSIVE) At the start of her turn, if there are 2 or more friendly Protect tiles on the board, heal Rescue's allies for a burst of 778 health.
  • Level 2: ...improves friendly Protect tiles by 298....allies for a burst of 908 health.
  • Level 3: ...improves friendly Protect tiles by 324....create 2 strength 285 Protect tiles...allies for a burst of 1037 health.
  • Level 4: ...improves friendly Protect tiles by 414....allies for a burst of 1167 health.
  • Level 5: ...improves friendly Protect tiles by 466....create 3 strength 311 Protect tiles...allies for a burst of 1556 health.
Do or Die - 6  AP
Rescue charges into the front lines, blasting back enemy forces with twin repulsor beams. Rescue fires off two separate blasts that each deal 2853 damage. If there are 3 or more friendly Strike, Attack, or Protect tiles on the board, Rescue lands an additional blast for 2075 damage.
  • Level 2: ...two separate blasts that each deal 3242 damage.
  • Level 3: If there are 2 or more friendly Strike, Attack, or Protect tiles...an additional blast for 2594 damage.
  • Level 4: ...two separate blasts that each deal 3890 damage.
  • Level 5: ...two separate blasts that each deal 5317 damage....an additional blast for 2853 damage.
Character Release Info

Recruit Rescue!

Rescue Me - Special Legendary Store
  • Starts: 5/16/19, 12:00pm ET
  • Ends: 5/21/19, 12:00pm ET
  • 15% chance to get Rescue (Pepper Potts), Iron Man (Mark XLVI), or Daredevil (Matt Murdock)
  • Additional Tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points
Pepper Potts - Special Limited Vault
  • Ends: 5/21/19, 12:00pm ET
  • 40 Items: 
    • 1x Rescue Me Legendary Token
    • 1x Agent Coulson (Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.) Yellow Cover
    • 3x Random 3-Star Covers
    • 6x Heroic Tokens
    • 4x 2,500 Iso-8
    • 6x 1,000 Iso-8
    • 5x 500 Iso-8
    • 14x 2-Star Covers

Event Schedule

Civil War - Alliance Event
  • Ends: 5/19/19, 11:59pm ET
  • Rewards Tokens to the Rescue Me Legendary cover store
What do you think is Rescue's best build? Vote down below!

***** Rescue (Pepper Potts) ***** 46 votes

5/5/3
2%
Yasuru 1 vote
5/4/4
0%
5/3/5
54%
KolenceZootSaxTrerasTrilateralusPongiejackstar0rdvargas1JSP869MalcrofWEBGASbluewolfMirrorKnightInfectiousYawnMETT-T dependentqandolsReecohAnonSpace DwarfABaker84Xavier_Mc 25 votes
4/5/4
2%
Loosie 1 vote
4/4/5
2%
R3N3G4DE 1 vote
3/5/5
39%
LLohmzodiac339JackDeath666M3GooseNikita-KBorstockmdreyer93PalookavilleNotBAMFPolly_P1JwallyrHilkHoundofShadowScofieZirtak_the_SecondDoragonZeofarTolangardh 18 votes

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,215 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5
    I assume "Do or Die" deals each dmg blast to the same target until they are downed?  Does it carry over to the next enemy after that?

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    What exactly are her colours???? Is it blue/yellow/red or red green black under the picture?
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is 1500 damage for 9AP at level 450/5 covers correct? That seems very very low for a 5*.  Match damage alone is wat higher than that.
  • Zeofar
    Zeofar Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    3/5/5
    Is 1500 damage for 9AP at level 450/5 covers correct? That seems very very low for a 5*.  Match damage alone is wat higher than that.
    I assume it's a utility ability that deals a small bit of damage 'just because'.
  • bluewolf
    5/3/5
    All Systems Go is a blue ability, which usually have no dmg component.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    What exactly are her colours???? Is it blue/yellow/red or red green black under the picture?
    It should be Blue/Yellow/Red, which I've gone ahead and corrected. Thanks for pointing that out
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    It would be nice if she steals the strikes then deals the damage (I'm looking at you gritty) not clear in the description
  • bluewolf
    5/3/5
    It would be nice if she steals the strikes then deals the damage (I'm looking at you gritty) not clear in the description
    @Brigby Can you please clarify this?
  • Daredevil217
    Zeofar said:
    I assume it's a utility ability that deals a small bit of damage 'just because'.
    Weird.  My level 310 Riri does double the damage for the same AP and her "utility ability" is WAY stronger than Rescue's (charging/converting a bunch of tiles to red and sucking them to the middle).  She seems weak overall.  Red is my favorite ability with the super cheap (potential) triple tap, but it seems like all the top tier 5s have solid to awesome red abilities.  Her yellow is pretty bad.  She slows down the match by converting all your tasty strikes/attacks and then burst heals for less than a single 5* match? Ouch.  Tyler no likey (I hope someone gets the reference... I just watched that episode of HIMYM)
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    Firing that Blue against a Carnage team could result in a *lot* of cascade /critical damage if 10+ enemy non-Red specials get converted to Red. It will also be handy against those annoying Ultron Sentries who fill the board with specials.

Her Yellow will be amusing when facing Venom (Brock) teams who give you lots of protect tiles so she can spam that burst heal.

Red looks decent for the cost especially if the extra shots carry over when downing an enemy.

KGB

P.S. I didn't know she had a 'Genius Intellect'. I though she was a personal assistant? Seems like she was under utilized by Tony Stark if she really has a Genius Intellect.

• scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    I know the devs are trying to build counters instead of nerfing meta characters, but it never works.

She's clearly a gritty counter that just doesn't cut it.

Her blue steals 3 strike tiles, and does basically no damage. The main problem is you have to save 9 blue, and then you only steal strike tiles if they're red. If not, you have to save up another 9 blue. Except you're dead before that happens. [Oops, I read it wrong. They don't have to be red.]

Save up 8 yellow to turn your stolen strike tiles into protect tiles? So now you've used 9 blue and 8 yellow, to almost counter gritty's starting damage. Except you're probably dead before you get there. And even if you combo this perfectly, you still have only negated the enemy starting position. You haven't actually done anything to hurt them.

At least her red seems kinda interesting since it only costs 6 AP. 

I've been saving LTs, look for the next 5* trio to pull for. Rescue will not be part of it.

P.S. Her blue and yellow numbers are HORRIBLE. A 5* healing you for 1500 health?
  • Daredevil217
    scottee said:
    you only steal strike tiles if they're red.
    Where does it say this?
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    scottee said:
    Where does it say this?
    It doesn't.

He misread the 2nd part about converting any left over non-Red specials to Red specials. That's the key part of the power vs Carnage/Ultron Sentries type teams.

KGB
  • Treras
    Treras Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    5/3/5
    Seem like another Anti Gritty. Will this one stick?
  • scottee
    scottee said:
    Where does it say this?
    Hmmm, I read it wrong. They don't have to be red. So you basically have to match 9 blue as fast as possible while also matching away at least one of gritty's strike tiles manually. All that to stop Kitty's passive from triggering.

The beginning of every Rescue vs Kitty match will be, match 9 blue AP right away or lose.

Also, easy 5/3/5, as I don't know why you would ever fire her yellow. Maybe if you haven't stolen any strike tiles yet.
  • CosmicWolf
    CosmicWolf Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Immediate thought is that she isn't very good for reasons already mentioned. However, that red if I am understanding it correctly, should be awesome combined with Okoye since it can effectively triple dip with Okoye's passive.
  • scottee
    Zeofar said:
    You're hyperfocused on the anti-Gritty component, which I really don't think is the main idea behind the design. She's a Cleric with the relatively unique ability of healing allies every turn and the helpful additions of a good (but not-at-all special) nuke and some decent utility. Whether or not her Yellow is truly worthwhile, it's the only real reason you'd choose to use Rescue over another character. It makes a lot more sense to maximize it instead of going for 1 more tile steal.
    You're right, I am mainly focusing on the anti-Gritty component. I do suspect that'd be the only situation she'd be played in.

There hasn't been a relevant healer since OBW had true healing. And defense is just too slow in 5* land. In PVP, you're playing catch up with Gritty or getting nuked down by Thorkoye. In PVE, you could last forever without health packs, but would take forever to clear.

That's why I think her only use will be to counter Gritty.

And you could use her red with Okoye, but then you miss out on Thor's AP generation, and you can't run all 3 together in Sim, because her healing would stop Thor's passive. Thorkoye is still faster.

• Zeofar
    Zeofar Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    3/5/5
    I'm aware of how the meta plays. My take is simply that this character lives and dies by their heal, because there are better options for everything else.