No Rising Tensions?

Options

Comments

• 810Bourne
    810Bourne Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    So, now the only way to to get those purple gems to get a chance at the Masterpiece is to play Trial of the Plains, play the weekend coalition event or....... pay to win? 

Okay, I no longer have a reason to log in daily. I am not sure why they did this. 

The legacy events are tired of, boring and played out. 

There is no reason for me to log in now. Adios guys, good luck with this trash game. 
  • TomB
    TomB Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bil said:

4)RT was the only option to gather cards from the latest set. (Even more  punishing when no coalition event has been designed during the ravnica bloc).

As a consequence, the widest part of the player base sticks (sticked to RT) to RT as far as week is concerned ... Why should they keep playing or paying if they have nothing to do?
    This is the key point here, I think. Even if you decide to make RT Legacy once WAR drops until then you need to run RT so there's at least some way to earn packs of RNA. If there was another event for RNA it could be considered, but as it stands this leaves us with only straight out purchasing packs as our only way to get them.

Hmmm...
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Obviously ... not to mention RNA boosters were only available half the time because they kept running the GRN RT event 1 week of 2.

Anyway, my point was that RT (or AX before it) have become the core of MTGPQ's week since a while now ... And without his core, how long until the system colapses?
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    starfall said:
    Bil said:
    Obviously ... not to mention RNA boosters were only available half the time because they kept running the GRN RT event 1 week of 2.
    It's never bothered them before to ensure there is a good balance of prize boosters between sets; look how under-represented M19 was as prizes.
    True, but RT made us believe that maybe they had learned something.
  • Dropspot
    Dropspot Posts: 200 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If they wanted to reduce engagement they are probably achieving that. Didn't play a single game the whole week so far.
  • Gabrosin
    Gabrosin Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Dropspot said:
    If they wanted to reduce engagement they are probably achieving that. Didn't play a single game the whole week so far.
    Plus all that time we're saving from not having RT to play gives us more time to complain here on the forums!  Win-win.

• BigSwifty
    BigSwifty Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    They REALLY dropped the ball by eliminating RT. I log on out of habit, realize there's nothing to do (TG is boring), claim the 3 free cards and log off.

RT needs to be brought back, or a similar event introduced, or I don't see myself bothering to play at all outside the coalition event, much less spending any more money on the game.
  • BigSwifty
    BigSwifty Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    Agree with the sentiment. Haven't decided to quit the game for good yet, but this is definitely a big deal and is pushing me that direction.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    BigSwifty said:
    They REALLY dropped the ball by eliminating RT. I log on out of habit, realize there's nothing to do (TG is boring), claim the 3 free cards and log off.

RT needs to be brought back, or a similar event introduced, or I don't see myself bothering to play at all outside the coalition event, much less spending any more money on the game.
    I mean, there is still TG to do now, boring or not.  But yeah, the lack of new events and elimination of current ones means I finish my dailies in 20 min and then just don't bother logging in the rest of the day.  That doesn't sound sustainable for a game.
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The major weakness of MTGPQ, in my opinion, is the lack of things to do.  New content is too far in between.

Content rotation is required to maintain interest.  And simply rotating old events ad nauseam is not sufficient.  I'm a little sympathetic, since whole card sets that all have to interact with each other is more heroic than some other apps do with simple weekly event rotations.  And as evidenced, create a raft of headaches when things don't behave with each other.  But something has to feel at least fresh in some sense with greater regularity between the major iterations that occur.

A templated event that randomizes within limits could be a solution (colors, objectives, etc).

But I think I'm possibly going off topic a bit here.
  • Mburn7
    Options
    James13 said:
    The major weakness of MTGPQ, in my opinion, is the lack of things to do.  New content is too far in between.

Content rotation is required to maintain interest.  And simply rotating old events ad nauseam is not sufficient.  I'm a little sympathetic, since whole card sets that all have to interact with each other is more heroic than some other apps do with simple weekly event rotations.  And as evidenced, create a raft of headaches when things don't behave with each other.  But something has to feel at least fresh in some sense with greater regularity between the major iterations that occur.

A templated event that randomizes within limits could be a solution (colors, objectives, etc).

But I think I'm possibly going off topic a bit here.
    That's the one thing that Hibernium did consistently right.  Every new set came with 3 or 4 new events that were basically just reskins of the same event but with different colors/objectives/walkers.

The original Terrors also used to alternate between two different colors on each node (if I remember right Werewolf node was Green/Red, Horror/Vampire node was Black/Blue, and Spirit/Zombie node was White/Black).
    Emrakul's Corruption may have also rotated, I can't remember.

Oktagon has instead chosen to make a few very high quality events rather than a lot of fairly low quality events, despite us very clearly and explicitly asking for more generic events to fill the space between the crazy ones.
    The fact that we are still running the Hour of Devastation events and walkers from 2+ years ago is just absurd.
  • Blipvert
    Blipvert Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    i used to put in 2+ hours of play around my daily work schedule. Now with Rising Tensions gone my average play time is under 30 min and I don’t play obsessively anymore. Thanks?
  • Raistlin
    Raistlin Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    Almost every mobile game has an incentive to log into the game every day, if not multiple times a day. You need people to log into your game to possibly see the cash deals that you have available for purchase. 

RT was the reason I logged in every day. Yes, the rewards may have been too high, but it honestly kept me engaged and it was fun. Bring it back, and lessen the rewards... or something in its place.
    I have spent a fair amount of money on this game. Way too much, actually.... but it felt like a fair exchange. I don’t mind supporting a game that gives something back. 

But it I will not spend another dime on this game. And not just because they took RT way..RT was the newest content of the game... and we are severely lacking new content... why put money into a game if they aren’t going to use it for new playable content? And the rampant bugs that have cost me rewards from events, and no support whatsoever from tickets that I’ve entered. Just a “nothing we can do.”
    Lack of communication and support from the team is another reason.

As long as I have been playing, there was always a daily event that gave a booster, some crystals, and perhaps some jewels.

Is there a plan to reinstate a daily event that gives some sort of rewards? I have stopped playin TotP now also, since there isn’t much to offset the cost of it. And we don’t need an Across Ixalan type of event to span a course of 3 days... 
  • 810Bourne
    810Bourne Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    Same here. I have not been been this board since 2017. 
  • Mburn7
    Options
    Definitely more focused at work with less playtime.  Although now there's much more forum action so I think it evens itself out  :D
  • Stalker
    Stalker Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My school studies have been improving greatly, once this game retires there will be no more ftp anything 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Merged threads with same topic