No Rising Tensions?

Options
Mburn7
Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
I don't see Rising Tensions in app today.

I guess that's a bug?  @Brigby any comments?

Comments

• Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Machine said:
    Huh.  I don't normally follow the sneak peak thread much, never saw that.

I can't see any reason why RT will no longer be run every week except for maybe they want to curb booster crafting a bit.  Definitely very weird it would be done without any explanation.

I hope the event being entered into the regular rotation will mean that the entry fee is dropped (a la Across Ixalan).
    Otherwise that is really ****
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I would imagine it is going to be free, but we might only see it once a month. Pretty **** solution especially considering the RNA exclusives will be really exclusive for anyone that still doesn't have them. Who knows how long it will be until WAR is added and those cards remain exclusive.
  • OmegaLolrus
    OmegaLolrus Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hoping there will be more events to fill the space. I quite like Rising Tensions.
  • bobby_2613
    bobby_2613 Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Options
    Might have to do with their "season" they want to implement.  To be honest, losing 2500 orbs for crafting and 100 pinks each week is a big hole.  Hopefully, we'll get something even better!!  :#
  • JopeX37
    JopeX37 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If they're gonna take out RT for a week it'd have been cool if they'd have rotated in a week of old school AI.  I'd take that trade.
  • Ampersand
    Ampersand Posts: 206 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I think they took it out to fix the bug where RT doesn't award the correct amount of experience. I hope it comes back into regular rotation next week after the update comes out this week. 
  • NinjaE
    NinjaE Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Options
    RT represents at least 90% of my weekday play. With this gone I dont have any real reason to log on. If I dont play during the week I probably wont remember to play on the weekend.  They might lose me as a player not because I want to quit but because they left me with nothing interesting to do.

This is also true for me.
  • Gabrosin
    Gabrosin Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Losing the game's most rewarding event, even for just a week, is pretty rough.  Especially with no explanation as to why, and no commentary on what's going to ultimately take its place.  We've had a daily non-TG non-TotP event, priced at 20 crystals, since Ixalan's release.

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    JopeX37 said:
    If they're gonna take out RT for a week it'd have been cool if they'd have rotated in a week of old school AI.  I'd take that trade.
    While I don't think there are any plans at the moment to replace it with another daily week-day event, our team will still be looking to see what other events we can schedule into that space.
  • Dropspot
    Dropspot Posts: 200 Tile Toppler
    Options
    They could make TotP free while we don't have RT. Just give us something to play.
  • wickedwitch74
    wickedwitch74 Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Options

After months and months of running Across Ixalan and then Rising Tensions, and the huge surge in resources this has given players, I wonder if the development team is trying to throttle this.

I have been able to close out the sets "Rivals of Ixalan", "Dominaria", "M19" and now "Guilds of Ravnica", and use my plethora of purple to snag many of the better Masterpieces. This is due to the huge boost in Jewels and Orbs provided by these events.

Could this be a reaction to slow down card accumulation?

• ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options

After months and months of running Across Ixalan and then Rising Tensions, and the huge surge in resources this has given players, I wonder if the development team is trying to throttle this.

I have been able to close out the sets "Rivals of Ixalan", "Dominaria", "M19" and now "Guilds of Ravnica", and use my plethora of purple to snag many of the better Masterpieces. This is due to the huge boost in Jewels and Orbs provided by these events.

Could this be a reaction to slow down card accumulation?

That is my assumption. "Players seem to be acquiring things too easily. We have two options: Reduce the rate at which they acquire currency or add more things for players to waste their currency on. Let's go with the one that is more punishing to players and easier for us to implement." 
  • BigSwifty
    BigSwifty Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    For the past couple of months, I have logged on daily to play RT and maybe a little PVE events, and I play every coalition event. Honestly, without RT, I'm not sure I'll be logging on at all more than maybe once or twice a week and the Coalition events. Dropping RT without a replacement is a big mistake.
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This may well be the final nail in the coffin for me.
  • Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I hope wickedwitch74 is wrong about why it disappeared (no offense).
    Brigby didn't say whether it was gone for good, nor why.
    I'm trying to stay optimistic that it's just "in the shop" getting it's extra experience award issue fixed.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Zzyzzx said:
    I hope wickedwitch74 is wrong about why it disappeared (no offense).
    Brigby didn't say whether it was gone for good, nor why.
    I'm trying to stay optimistic that it's just "in the shop" getting it's extra experience award issue fixed.
    It's not gone for good. It'll certainly return at some point. It's more that it joined the rest of the events in the regular event rotation.

As for the extra card experience bug, that should be fixed in 3.4