I "won" MPQ...what do I do now?

DAZ0273
DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
So, anybody remember when former Forumite @aesthetocyst had a thread declaring he had "won" MPQ as he had met certain conditions he had set for himself? He asked others what their own personal goals for "winning" MPQ was. I said mine was champing 4* Deadpool. Now I know what you are thinking: that doesn't sound hard. The thing was, Deadpool purple was my first ever 4* cover and then in the subsequent years up until the thread he remained poorly covered as RNG was having a hissy fit. Then full 4* dilution hit and all seemed lost as part of the condition I set was I couldn't bonus hero him.

Well...as of today, I can champ 4* Deadpool. So what next? I have won MPQ! Maybe you can help!

Feel free to add: Other...my fat fingers slipped and posted this by mistake...

I "won" MPQ...what do I do now? 39 votes

Don't champ him! Nothing to see here...
0%
Champ him and then sell him immediately!
2%
peterdark 1 vote
Dude, you need to start racking up champ levels for 5* Deadpool...
41%
xKOBALTxwymtimeCT1888jackstar0MalcrofhalirinWarbringaJHawkIncDyingLegendjym010ReecohgrenadiermarshallSpace DwarfskittledaddyMoonKnight 16 votes
I think you were drunk so that promise doesn't count...
25%
Yasurutrat73divouneThe rockettbonny79KGBBoyWonder1914St_BernadusYepyepFeliz 10 votes
New goal needed! Champ somebody else...like Talk
30%
DeNappaejmusUNC_SamuraipheregasbluewolfturbomooseMETT-T dependentTPF AlexisShintok17helix72AlexRspidyjedi84 12 votes

Comments

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think you were drunk so that promise doesn't count...
    Drunk promises never count. 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    You need to champ the next person!  Xpool is great, but he shouldn't be your tank.  He really shines with his black passive.  Your new goal should be to fully cover and champ a handful of good teams, ones that really synergies together.  It's a lot of fun playing with those types of teams.

#RIPHeroics
  • DAZ0273
    Well the next person to champ would be Bishop but that isn't too tough as I only need 1 cover and I was looking for a reason to keep playing! Possibly I should aim for Talos instead - I kind'a hate him, he is 0/1/0 and Shield Training aside I have no intent on ever using him. Maybe the goal should be how long does it take to champ somebody you don't actually want to champ, let alone use...I imagine if I adopt this then his covers will come raining in...
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    You clearly need to prepare for 5* Deadpool*, and what better way than max champing 4* Deadpool! Take you white whale all the way to the top with Maximum Effort! Bonus Heroes allowed!

*note 5* Deadpool is not currently scheduled and even if he does arrive there is a 50/50 chance Domino will be the feeder (so bang on dead cert) so take this advice at your peril. 
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    How about MAXchamping that Deadpool, now that you have him at 13? No BHs allowed. :)
  • DAZ0273
    Yikes! Now those are good ideas! I may have a headstart as I am pretty sure I may have a cover or 2 saved before I got the black I needed. The down side is that I won't be able to do one of those I'm quitting MPQ threads until around 2025 or so based on RNG so far...scary...
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    How about MAXchamping that Deadpool, now that you have him at 13? No BHs allowed. :)
    Personally, today I got my non-BH Xpool up to 369, so only one more cover.  Not sure how long that will take, but how long did it take to get to 369?

From and including: Monday, August 10, 2015
    To, but not including Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Result: 1366 days

It is 1366 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date.

Or 3 years, 8 months, 27 days excluding the end date.

Or 44 months, 27 days excluding the end date.

Happy matching!

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Well the next person to champ would be Bishop but that isn't too tough as I only need 1 cover and I was looking for a reason to keep playing! Possibly I should aim for Talos instead - I kind'a hate him, he is 0/1/0 and Shield Training aside I have no intent on ever using him. Maybe the goal should be how long does it take to champ somebody you don't actually want to champ, let alone use...I imagine if I adopt this then his covers will come raining in...
    So, your newest champ will be Talos ;)
  • DAZ0273
    Dormammu said:

One does not simply 'win' MPQ. They only battle against RNG until it defeats them.
    But...I defeated RNG! It took somewhere in the region of 3 years but I won...unless you are saying this never ends...no matter what...😶
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    I recently won MPQ by rostering all characters, even though earlier this month I didn't have either Hela or God Emperor Doom, and just drummed up enough HP to add my single Ronin cover.  I guess I could keep going by trying to champion everyone, but I think I'm getting tired of winning.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    Nobody likes Talos. He's a bad all around character. Even when he was the reward in simulator or knowing he'll most likely be a required character in S.H.I.E.L.D. Training in the future, it wasn't an incentive for me to nab him.
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    How does anyone even know if they like Talos, or any other new 4* for that matter?
    After a quick look, I believe Prowler is the last 4* released that I chose to use in any battle I didn't have to (so I could try him against gritty).
    On subject, I personally stay motivated by targeting a 5* with a feeder, preferably one that has at least one 3* feeder as well (such as OML) and see how long it takes to champ them.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    How does anyone even know if they like Talos, or any other new 4* for that matter?
    After a quick look, I believe Prowler is the last 4* released that I chose to use in any battle I didn't have to (so I could try him against gritty).
    On subject, I personally stay motivated by targeting a 5* with a feeder, preferably one that has at least one 3* feeder as well (such as OML) and see how long it takes to champ them.
    S.H.I.E.L.D. Training with any 4-star character's release gives you a chance to play them numerous times as a loaner node and get a feeling for the character. Sorry you don't care enough to see if a character is worth chasing or not. Any PVP tournament as well. Played in both for Talos and he's cannon fodder at best. He's a support character with very limited offense abilities. Anyone champing him is looking for a 4-star Mystique without the hitting power.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    Ok Daz, 

As I am able to see your roster, I have a few suggestions for you 

1 max champ bagman
    2 champ 3 5*s 
    3 max champ Freddie Mercury aka Kraven the Hunter 

my personal goal to “win” MPQ was originally to max champ all 3*s then all 4*s and now it’s to champ all 5*s 

i also want to have one of the Meta teams of either Gritty and Bishop or Thorkoye and DD before they nerf them 

another long term goal for me is to max champ bag man and then I’ll move on to max champ Howard the duck 

another personal goal is to select Prowler without thinking of the Iron Maiden song of the same name....never gonna happen!

• DAZ0273
    Champing 5* is obviously a goal but one that I feel is secondary to actually fully covering one. I like the Bagman idea though as I play PvP enough to get covers.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards

another personal goal is to select Prowler without thinking of the Iron Maiden song of the same name....never gonna happen!

Why would you even consider setting that as a goal? The goal should be to ensure that more people think of the song!

I have set a variety of goals over the last year - in my head I finished 2* when I mx champed Bagman, 3* once everyone had been max champed at least once, 4* once I got Carol max champed and 5* when I managed to finish the original 3 a couple of months back. 
    The only real goal I have just now is to finish off a number more classic 5* characters. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 said:
    So, your newest champ will be Talos ;)
    Yeah...I'm pretty much counting on it... :'(
  • peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Champ him and then sell him immediately!
    Anyone champing him is looking for a 4-star Mystique without the hitting power. 

3 max champ Freddie Mercury aka Kraven the Hunter 

You've gotta love some of the comments today :)

• crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    S.H.I.E.L.D. Training with any 4-star character's release gives you a chance to play them numerous times as a loaner node and get a feeling for the character. Sorry you don't care enough to see if a character is worth chasing or not. Any PVP tournament as well. Played in both for Talos and he's cannon fodder at best. He's a support character with very limited offense abilities. Anyone champing him is looking for a 4-star Mystique without the hitting power.
    Sorry to go off topic again, but...I asked a legitimate question.
    You gave a legit answer I hadn't even considered since I forgot the loaner is lvl 270 and max covered and not 70 and 1-1-1 as in pvp.  Maybe next time just leave off the part where you make assumptions about my motivations.
    I don't find the release pvp to be all that helpful in assessing characters.  In fact, Talos was an awesome loaner for me in that pvp, anyone with a blue or purple stun is far more impactful than someone that tanks nothing and I'll never use a power from, over my other 2 characters.  Yet you are telling me he's terrible and everybody knows it.