i think its about time we get a updated DDQ

Options
marvel075
marvel075 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
we've been had this same DDQ (deadpool's daily quest) for years now, with it's eye hurting red bg, and 6 standard missions, excluding clash of titans, how about we add more things to it and more rewards (and at least ONE NEW 2 star character to allow for more diff teams) . Tell me what kinds of things they should add to DDQ to make it more entertaining rather than a grind.

Comments

• dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A themed node (like Cinema Showdown, heroes villians xmen etc only) similar to the crash node - lasts (5? days) and awards a classic legend token would be welcome
  • Friarbundy
    Friarbundy Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Options
    A five star node.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I like the sentiment but, let’s face it, there’s a tendency to err on the side of caution when it comes to make changes that might dilute the game economy. The basic structure of rewards: covers, iso, hp, cp etc... changes infrequently. The addition of supports has been the biggest shake up in a long time. As much as I may wish them to start being more generous (double iso LRs, anyone?) I don’t see an imperative to change DDQ. It may be old, it may feel stale but... people are still spending. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well they did introduce Behemoth Burrito and restructured Big Enchilada so there is precedent for change.

I've always thought (like Tony_Foot above) that the extra 2* mission was not needed and Dat required Character could be merged into TBE, so there would be "space" for 2 new missions.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Will move to suggestions in 24 hours

• JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'd be fine with just changing the 1* and 2* only nodes to essential 1*/2* characters.  Make sure I still have enough of a roster to have characters around, but still let me Thanos through the busy-work.  I barely play these nodes any more, ISO or no ISO.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The recent podcast interview included a question about DDQ updates....the devs said there are not any plans at this time.

I do think the most likely scenario might be some Support-related rewards, but in general DDQ is the lowest engagement play you have in the game.

The purpose of DDQ is not to provide awesome rewards, but to provide something that players can finish in a few minutes, remain involved in the game when they want to play less PVE or what have you.  It provides a quickly accessed mode which provides you a spot to collect your daily rewards and get a few resources as you want.

Eliminating lower nodes would be a disservice to lower end players and definitely should not happen.  Auto-play is suggested a lot, but would benefit the top players far more than the newer rosters which make up the bulk of the players.

It is quite obvious that the developers want to keep higher end rewards locked behind significant playtime (see the backloading of CP in PVE and PVP), which keeps them feeling more valuable and also rewards people who play more.  So while I want more rewards in DDQ as much as anyone, I don't think the developers think that putting more high-end rewards there would help their goals.

Each player can decide how much they want to play DDQ.  The low end rewards (iso and tokens for a giant vault) mean if you decide playing the last 3 nodes is all you want to do, that gives decent rewards (2 CP and a 3* cover) for little effort, and you don't really give anything up by skipping the 1 & 2* nodes.

I'd prefer, over DDQ improvements, if the devs decided to make a multi-day event ala Cinema Showdowns available once a month or so.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I still think it's ironic that the "hardest" actual nodes are those two star nodes.  Everything else is over in seconds.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah I'm not doing that either. It would also not help new players who need to use their 1* slots for better characters.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    AXP_isme said:
    I like the sentiment but, let’s face it, there’s a tendency to err on the side of caution when it comes to make changes that might dilute the game economy. The basic structure of rewards: covers, iso, hp, cp etc... changes infrequently. The addition of supports has been the biggest shake up in a long time. As much as I may wish them to start being more generous (double iso LRs, anyone?) I don’t see an imperative to change DDQ. It may be old, it may feel stale but... people are still spending. 
    Which is a shame because the economy is not keeping up with inflation.  There are more characters than ever to roster and level for a new player.  You need more slots, iso, covers, etc., but the game keeps giving out the same old rewards they have been since champing became a thing.

I'd be fine with just changing the 1* and 2* only nodes to essential 1*/2* characters.  Make sure I still have enough of a roster to have characters around, but still let me Thanos through the busy-work.  I barely play these nodes any more, ISO or no ISO.
    Since I am a completionist and decided to roster and max all the 1*, I would be 100% for this.  But even if I wasn't, let's not act like we don't get FLOODED with 1* characters.  It would be pretty easy to keep one slot (like you do now for Juggs) where you rotate the single cover needed to be eligible.  If you delay selling all the 1s you get, you'd have more than enough sitting in your queue.  Being able to Thanos all those 1/2* nodes and making everything up to the burrito a 90 second endeavor would be WELL worth the trade-off and would be a HUGE quality of life improvement for vets in terms of real time given back.

• Neuromancer
    Neuromancer Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I like the idea mentioned of including a new reward node for something/anything to do with Supports. Alternating rewards between a basic support coin and Red ISO might be good.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    i think if they add a 5 day 4* node that rewards a specific 4* cover and a 20-25 day node for a 5* cover that'd be more than enough to jazz it up again. 
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moving to suggestions

• Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    jredd said:
    i think if they add a 5 day 4* node that rewards a specific 4* cover and a 20-25 day node for a 5* cover that'd be more than enough to jazz it up again. 
    At this point, a one per day 4* is a must. It would be a near (and soon to be exact) 3 month rotation period. 
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    Options
    jredd said:
    At this point, a one per day 4* is a must. It would be a near (and soon to be exact) 3 month rotation period. 
    just trying to work some realistic time frames here. there's no chance the devs/powers that be would go for a 4* cover daily. that's a pipe dream.