**** Hawkeye (Ronin) ****

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited May 2019 in Character Details
Hi Everyone,

"Ronin is a lawless assassin, emerging from the shadows after the war against Thanos. Armed with a piercing sword and incredible fighting skills, he mercilessly brings criminals to justice around the world."

Check out the brand new 4-Star Ronin, and find out how you can recruit him onto your roster!

4-Star Rarity (Legendary)
Heroes, Avengers
greentilepng  purpletilepng

(Abilities listed at level 270)
14,956 Health
greentilepng 85 |  74 | purpletilepng 65 |  43 | bluetilepng 13 | blacktilepng 12 | yellowtilepng 11 |  3.5x

No Escape -  6 greentilepng AP
Ronin lets loose an inescapable set of attacks, leaving his enemies nowhere to run. Deal 912 damage to the target. If that downs them, deal 912 damage to another random enemy. If that downs them, deal 912 damage to another random enemy.
  • Level 2: Deal 1277 damage each time.
  • Level 3: Deal 1642 damage each time.
  • Level 4: Deal 2371 damage each time.
  • Level 5: Deal 3830 damage each time.
Brutal Technique -  Passive
With nothing left to lose, Ronin attacks without mercy. Whenever you make a Red match, create 2 strength 42 Black Attack tiles. Then, if there are more than 5 friendly Attack tiles, increase the strength of 3 Attack tiles by 17.
  • Level 2: ...strength 59 Black Attack tiles...increase the strength of 3 Attack tiles by 24.
  • Level 3: ...strength 76 Black Attack tiles...increase the strength of 3 Attack tiles by 31.
  • Level 4: ...create 3 strength 79 Black Attack tiles...increase the strength of 3 Attack tiles by 32.
  • Level 5: ...strength 128 Black Attack tiles...increase the strength of 3 Attack tiles by 52.
Disabling Blow - 11 purpletilepng AP
Ronin leaps from the shadows, knocking the enemy senseless and unleashing his wrath. Deals 357 damage to the target and places a 3-turn Countdown tile that stuns the target while it's on the board.
  • Level 2: Deals 1310 damage to the target...
  • Level 3: Deals 2263 damage to the target...
  • Level 4: Deals 4170 damage to the target...
  • Level 5: Deals 7983 damage to the target...
Character Release Info

Recruit Ronin!

S.H.I.E.L.D. Training - Heroes for Hire
  • Starts: 5/2/19, 07:00am ET
  • Ends: 5/9/19, 07:00am ET
  • Cost: 7,000 Hero Points
  • Contents: 
    • Sandman (Flint Marko) Green Cover
    • Professor X (Charles Xavier) Purple Cover
    • 16x Elite Tokens
    • 6x Command Points
    • 20,000 Iso-8
Hawkeye & Friends - Limited Vault
  • Starts: 5/5/19, 7:00am ET
  • Ends: 5/10/19, 2:00am ET
  • 80 Items: 
    • 1x Legendary Token
    • 3x Beginner Support Tokens
    • 1x Random Hawkeye (Ronin) Cover
    • 2x Random 4-Star Covers from the Call for Backup missions, with an option of the following characters:
      • Magik (Classic)
      • Sandman (Flint Marko)
      • Professor X (Charles Xavier)
    • 21x 3-Star Covers
      • 3x Featured
      • 18x Random
    • 52x 2-Star Covers
      • 10x Featured
      • 42x Random

Event Schedule

Honor Among Thieves - Story Event
  • Starts: 5/2/19, 07:00am ET
  • Ends: 5/6/19, 02:00am ET
  • Hawkeye (Ronin) in Placement Rewards
S.H.I.E.L.D. Training - New Character Event
  • Starts: 5/2/19, 07:00am ET
  • Ends: 5/9/19, 07:00am ET
  • Rewards tokens to Honor Among Thieves, Random cover of Hawkeye (Ronin), and more
Thick as Thieves - Story Event
  • Starts: 5/5/19, 7:00am ET
  • Ends: 5/10/19, 2:00am ET
  • Hawkeye (Ronin) in Progression Rewards
  • Rewards tokens to the Hawkeye & Friends vault
Out of Arrows - Versus Tournament
  • Starts: 5/5/19, 8:00am ET
  • Ends: 5/8/19 3:00pm ET
  • Hawkeye (Ronin) in Progression Rewards
  • Rewards tokens to the Hawkeye & Friends vault
What do you think is Ronin's best build? Vote down below!

**** Hawkeye (Ronin) **** 44 votes

5/5/3
38%
PuceMooseafsplatYasurukillercoolrdevil32tiomonoMalcrofKGBthechairmanInfectiousYawnTeam_Jacobkk3thessScofiejp1MrEd95SaltyKlvsmr2 17 votes
5/4/4
0%
5/3/5
31%
OzarkBoatswainKolenceZootSaxWEBGASbluewolfBubba3210BrigadierbleuPtahhotepABaker84NotBAMFHilkspidyjedi84NemesisEtherionGodzillafan67 14 votes
4/5/4
2%
BradSchnad 1 vote
4/4/5
2%
darkwatcherDEZ 1 vote
3/5/5
25%
Pongiejackstar0rdvargas1halirindlegendary0neMirrorKnightAnon0_Fahrenheithelix72Ares76ManoPA 11 votes

Comments

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,650 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3
    He looks like he will have fun with carnage and medusa. And get your snarky remark teamups ready for a 7 turn stun.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/5/5
    To start, I'm thinking those small Green shots would be great for easy nodes, but in PvP and harder nodes, I'd rather have the stun option.

I also want to know if the Stun Countdown is increased does it keep the target stunned, or is it akin to Doc Ocks, that's stuns anew each turn...
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    This dude would make the perfect 5*.  His green is so cheap that Okoye boosts would make it deadly.  His red pairs wonderfully with Kitty, giving her the 5* partner we've been waiting for.  And if his purple were a different color, he's pair great with Daredevil.  He's the kind of Swiss army knife that could show up on a lot of teams.  But alas, he's a 4 in a sea of 4s. I likely won't use him, but very cool character none the less.

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby
    Just to clarify, does "Brutal Technique" activate on every red match or only when Ronin makes them?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    5/4/4? Or 5/3/5?

That green is pretty good.  Good to see low cost powers again.

The red passive seems ok, but a bit underpowered.

Purple is fine, but a little expensive to be really good (10+AP nukes really need10k+ damage to make the top tier in 4* land). And I am not thrilled with nuke + stun powers.  I would rather split up the damage and stun effects so I can disable one opponent and outright kill another (this is why strange's blue is so good and iceman's blue is MUCH better than would be a 12ap power that did the same amount of damage and stun to a single target)

Upper middle tier?  Not particularly great, but certainly usable (especially with a good green or purple battery), with some decent synergies in the 3*/4* tier

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3
    Vhailorx said:
    5/4/4? Or 5/3/5?

Purple is fine, but a little expensive to be good (10+AP nukes really need10k+ damage to make the top tier in 4* land). And I am not thrilled with nuke + stun powers.  I would rather split up the damage and stun effects so I can disable on opponent and outright kill another (this is why strange's blue is so good and iceman'e blue is MUCH better than a 12ap power that did the same amount of damage and stun to a single target)

Brigby mentioned the player can place the stun CD. I wonder if you down the enemy if you still get to place the CD but for the 'next man up'? If so that would make the power a lot better.

KGB
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,124 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    I bet that red is going to be great with Kitty + Medusa. He’s going to be a solid anti-rogue if people still need one of those. 

• darkwatcherDEZ
    darkwatcherDEZ Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    4/4/5
    Thats some pretty good HP at 270. Looks pretty good on paper with a cheap green, nice passive, and placeable +damaging stun that pretty hefty at 5.

We've remained a fan of all the Hawkeye incarnations... particularly 3* that plays like a 4* . The play style will also prove fun we hope.  
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder if his purple will activate G4mora's blue passive thrice, where it creates special tiles whenever an opponent is stunned?

I would run 5/5/3 or 5/3/5 depending on my opponents.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I hope this is a sign we get more of those 3/4/5 pvps like we have with Wolverine. Is that the only one?
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Love the skill set. Might not be the most powerful but has lots of people he can synergize with. And I always find tile buffing a fun mini-game.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3
    He looks like a good fit for several different teams - I will enjoy trying him with 4Carol and 4Wasp in the sim later this year.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5
    I had high hopes for 4* Hawkeye to be an interesting character and I am not disappointed.  Certainly not meta-changing, but very solid with some interesting tricks up his sleeve...
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3
    Is the red for anyone, or only when he makes a match? that makes a huge difference.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    they clarified earlier in the thread it's a friendly red, not a Ronin red, so that's pretty awesome.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3
    Looks nice, I agree he would have been a great 5* release. However, I like his kit and when boosted he should be fun to play with.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2019
    I’m a little confused by the “Hawkeye (Ronin)” designation. Is there a relationship in comics between Hawkeye and Ronin? Or is this just an easy way to make Ronin a good guy/hero? (I think of Ronin as a baddie/villain, but I only know him from films — and I haven’t seen Endgame). 

Edited to say the character looks pretty good. But the purple stun+damage needs some transferability, a la Dr. Strange, as others have mentioned. Especially for the fairly high, 11 AP price.

Cool art, once again!