Give everyone BSZ or remove it

Options
Mojo
Mojo Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
Soon as I see my opponent has this card in deck I have no choice but to quit to save myself the time of just watching the game.  Why on earth was this card even made?  I took about 9 months off.  Did they sell Blue Sun Zenith for $99.99 or something and would have to refund if they eliminated card?

Seriously it it makes the rest of cards worthless.  This is like having a Black Lotus, Moxes and a Word of Command in the 90s when nobody else did. Nobody played your deck because it was not fun.  

Comments

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think that's a bit hyperbolic, but yes, BSZ is a stupidly powerful card.  Its been a rather long ongoing debate here about whether or not it should be nerfed, with no real consensus reached as of yet.  Welcome to the fun!
  • Theophilus
    Theophilus Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I hated it until I owned it. I worked hard to craft the mythics from that set and was finally able to pull it in an Elite Pack. 

But, now I hate Omniscience. Thankfully it's legacy.
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I have both Omniscience and BSZ.  BSZ is more broken.
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Gilesclone - totally agree, omniscience is really annoying sometimes, because it prevents you from filling cards with mana as long as it is on the table.
  • QuiksilverHg
    QuiksilverHg Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I took a break for awhile. Did they make it so that elite packs can no longer produce duplicates again?
  • Theophilus
    Theophilus Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Correct. The 400 pink Elite Packs give no dupes.

• Wafflesauce
    Wafflesauce Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'll fully agree that it is broken and over powered. If nerfed, I feel it should be done in small increments, as to not over do it and not spark outrage.

However, with the guaranteed non-duplicates for the pink packs, it has given many people (myself included) something to work and grind towards - a shining goal for all of our efforts. 

The main idea is to save up orbs, use them to craft M19 Mythics (many of which are quite solid), and when you have most/all of the Mythics in the Blue Sun elite pack, you are guaranteed it within a few pulls. Plague Wind and Decree of Justice is also in that pack, so it is a very solid end game plan.

However, I must note that M19 will rotate out of Standard when the fall large set comes to PQ, and since this long term grind process does literally take months, it may be better to aim for something else, such as Stitch in Time from Guilds of Ravnica, or Killer Instinct/Mirror March from Ravnica Allegiance. (I just cleaned my pink reserves doing the latter this week) 
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mojo said:
    Soon as I see my opponent has this card in deck I have no choice but to quit to save myself the time of just watching the game.  Why on earth was this card even made?  I took about 9 months off.  Did they sell Blue Sun Zenith for $99.99 or something and would have to refund if they eliminated card?

Seriously it it makes the rest of cards worthless.  This is like having a Black Lotus, Moxes and a Word of Command in the 90s when nobody else did. Nobody played your deck because it was not fun.  
    Ironic that you say this. I was discussing this with a coalition mate a few days ago and compared it to the entire lineup of The Power 9.
  • Dropspot
    Dropspot Posts: 200 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Greg can't even play BSZ correctly, like any other card that needs some strategy before casting it. Most of the time opponent is casting a 16 Mana card to earn 12 Mana. Sometimes it gets lucky but it's rare.

You guys really like to complain about everything.
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dropspot said:
    Greg can't even play BSZ correctly, like any other card that needs some strategy before casting it. Most of the time opponent is casting a 16 Mana card to earn 12 Mana. Sometimes it gets lucky but it's rare.

Because of Greg's priorities he plays Omniscience better and even Storm the Vault is more annoying for the AI to have than BSZ.
    But to actually _have_ BSZ is the worst.

Except notice that ALL these cards are Blue? Blue is too overpowered right now... Green is meant to be the mana colour. The current version of BSZ should really only exist if it was Blue/Green...

• arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Dropspot said:

Have you see Greg get Sunbird + BSZ + Stich infinites like THREE GAMES IN A ROW? Because your post sounds like you have never seen such a case, and I hate you for being strangely lucky.

BSZ is just ridiculous. But much as I support its nerfing and/or banning, I know that's an impossible thing to do unless Oktagon and D3Go go bankrupt.

And as an aside, yes, it's pretty annoying to see how Blue has what I consider all of the top three most overpowered cards in the game: Omniscience, BSZ and Prism Array. Argue all you want that those cards may not be able to function by themselves; I've seen more than ENOUGH infinites happening from those three cards.
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Can we please keep the complaining about BSZ contained to one thread? 
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2019
    Options
    My alt is going to get BSZ, that account is in silver with 1k jewel now.
    only DoJ and BSZ left in that ep. I can say that i grinded for BSZ (for my alt) since m19 was released wihout spending jewel in other sets (plus how difficult silver player can grind the jewel).

if anyone want it, they have to chase it.

many of my friend (including me and my alt) get it as last card in that elite pack.

please respect our effort.

so, i am not vote to give free BSZ to everyone.
  • arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    fiirst said:
    My alt is going to get BSZ, that account is in silver with 1k jewel now.
    only DoJ and BSZ left in that ep. I can say that i grinded for BSZ (for my alt) since m19 was released wihout spending jewel in other sets (plus how difficult silver player can grind the jewel).

if anyone want it, they have to chase it.

many of my friend (including me and my alt) get it as last card in that elite pack.

please respect our effort.

so, i am not vote to give free BSZ to everyone.
    As understandable as this stance it, unfortunately this reminds me to another card that people bought before it got nerfed: Baral.

With that in mind, could someone remind me how BAD was the fallout coming from paying players when Baral got nerfed? Because if the fallout was THAT bad, I can have a slight understanding as to why Oktagon/D3Go doesn't want to nerf BSZ.
  • TomB
    TomB Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't expect them to give BSZ away, but I'd sure like it if it showed up in the vault for cash... ;)