**** Thanos (Endgame) ****

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited April 2019 in Character Details
Hi Everyone,
"At long last, Thanos has fulfilled his destiny. He secured the six Infinity Stones, assembled the Infinity Gauntlet, and balanced the universe.

Has he finally earned a much-needed rest, or are there still more battles to fight?"

Check out the brand new 4-Star Thanos, and find out how you can recruit him onto your roster!

4-Star Rarity (Legendary)
Villains
blacktilepng bluetilepng greentilepng

(Abilities listed at level 270)
16,465 Health
blacktilepng 85 | bluetilepng 74 | greentilepng 65 |  43 |  13 | yellowtilepng 12 | purpletilepng 11 |  3.5x

Vicious Determination -  9 blacktilepng AP
Thanos lashes out with a flash of otherworldly steel and strikes down the so-called heroes standing in his way. Deals 911 damage to the target, then deals an additional 486 to all enemy Heroes.
  • Level 2: Deals 1275 damage to the target, then deals an additional 680 to all enemy Heroes.
  • Level 3: Deals 1640 damage to the target, then deals an additional 875 to all enemy Heroes.
  • Level 4: Deals 2369 damage to the target, then deals an additional 1264 to all enemy Heroes.
  • Level 5: Deals 3826 damage to the target, then deals an additional 2041 to all enemy Heroes.
Inescapable Destiny - bluetilepng Passive
Thanos watches his enemies' attacks, pitying their futile attempts to stop his plans. At the start of the turn, if there are 5 or more enemy Strike, Attack, or Protect tiles on the board, remove 1 of them and convert 1 basic tile to Green.
  • Level 2: ...if there are 4 or more enemy...
  • Level 3: ...and convert 2 basic tiles to Green.
  • Level 4: ...and convert 3 basic tiles to Green.
  • Level 5: ...if there are 3 or more enemy...
Mad Titan's Mercy - 12 greentilepng AP
Unleashing the power of the Infinity Gauntlet, Thanos balances the universe around him. Destroys 32 random tiles, dealing 148 damage for each special tile destroyed (up to a max of 887 additional damage). (Destroyed tiles do not deal damage or generate AP.)
  • Level 2: ...dealing 411 damage for each special tile destroyed...max of 2462 additional damage.
  • Level 3: ...dealing 599 damage for each special tile destroyed...max of 3592 additional damage.
  • Level 4: Destroyed tiles now also deal damage.
  • Level 5: ...dealing 1576 damage for each special tile destroyed...max of 9448 additional damage.
Character Release Info

Recruit Thanos!

S.H.I.E.L.D. Training - Heroes for Hire
  • Starts: 4/18/19, 12:00pm EDT
  • Ends: 4/25/19, 12:00pm EDT
  • Cost: 7,000 Hero Points
  • Contents: 
    • Carnage (Cletus Kasady) Red Cover
    • Moon Knight (Marc Spector) Black Cover
    • 16x Elite Tokens
    • 6x Command Points
    • 20,000 Iso-8
Thanos & Foes - Limited Vault
  • Starts: 4/21/19, 7:00am EDT
  • Ends: 4/27/19, 2:00am EDT
  • 80 Items: 
    • 1x Legendary Token
    • 3x Beginner Support Tokens
    • 1x Random Thanos (Endgame) Cover
    • 2x Random 4-Star Covers from the Call for Backup missions, with an option of the following characters:
      • Nick Fury (Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.)
      • Moon Knight (Marc Spector)
      • Carnage (Cletus Kasady)
    • 21x 3-Star Covers
      • 3x Featured
      • 18x Random
    • 52x 2-Star Covers
      • 10x Featured
      • 42x Random

Event Schedule

Avengers Vs. Ultron - Alliance Event
  • Ends: 4/21/19, 11:59pm EDT
  • Thanos (Endgame) in Round Rewards
S.H.I.E.L.D. Training - New Character Event
  • Ends: 4/25/19, 12:00pm EDT
  • Rewards tokens to Avengers Vs. Ultron, Random cover of Thanos (Endgame), and more
Unstable Iso-8 - Story Event
  • Starts: 4/21/19, 7:00am EDT
  • Ends: 4/26/19, 2:00am EDT
  • Thanos (Endgame) in Progression Rewards
  • Rewards tokens to the Thanos & Foes vault
Balancing Act - Versus Tournament
  • Starts: 4/21/19, 8:00am EDT
  • Ends: 4/24/19 3:00pm EDT
  • Thanos (Endgame) in Progression Rewards
  • Rewards tokens to the Thanos & Foes vault

**** Thanos (Endgame) **** 44 votes

5/5/3
22%
Kolencefrachrroberts_2Steve111InfectiousYawnBrigadierbleuPalookavilleHilkDamickstaKorky1 10 votes
5/4/4
2%
bonny79 1 vote
5/3/5
13%
halirinGambit2365ABaker84NotBAMFFoxrangelManoPA 6 votes
4/5/4
0%
4/4/5
4%
ReecohRazuhlui 2 votes
3/5/5
56%
MoosePrimeMalcrofmaguirenumber6MirrorKnightmega ghostDyingLegendthechairmanmonsieurmojojym010Nomad400AnonPolly_P1Jwallyrfurbear00000helix72kk3thessAres76jp1Kingart813AndiTi 25 votes

Comments

• MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2019
    3/5/5
    Three older shield training characters and an alliance event to recruit? Could it be that they actually want us to easily recruit Thanos this time around?

I hope nobody ever wanted to play carnage again
  • Nomad400
    Nomad400 Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    3/5/5
    Hopefully 3* Thanos' champion feeding will be updated ASAP to feed to this. 
  • AndiTi
    AndiTi Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    3/5/5
    This feels like another option to counter Grocket, which is certainly welcome.

If you're going to run him you're probably up against APS tile spam and therefore would probably always want blue at 5 covers. Note running him WITH Carnage has additional benefits for green, as the extra damage goes regardless of the special tile being friendly or not.

I'd consider running him 5/5/3 if I don't have APS tile generators of my own or the enemy tile spam is light, since blue naturally works against green. I can't see running him over Vulture in that circumstance however, so 3/5/5 it is.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2019
    Mad Titan's Mercy Level 4 now deals tile damage, so I'm assuming somewhere around 6K+ max damage.

So this green ability adds the damage for enemy OR friendly special tiles destroyed, correct? That could be very big for some team combo's. Still, his blue works to defeat the damage potential of his green somewhat. 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanos in that sleek MCU armor, different tier and color setup than the other versions, boss release AND an "all classic" Shield Training (variety is best overall, but it's nice to see both of these, especially in a single character, veterans will be able to have an easier time getting this Thanos started, and that's nice).

Black AoE (how often does that happen?), Blue passive that eats special tiles (fantastic in the Kitty/R&G meta, but still a useful skill beyond that, without being broken either, another good tool for the toolbox in the ever-growing game of rock-paper-scissors), and a Green that...

How does that Green compare to Carnage? 12 AP, 32 tiles, 1576 damage per special tile (with a 9448 cap), and at that many covers also gets damage per tile destroyed. Carnage has 8 AP, 16 tiles destroyed, 932 damage per tile destroyed, no AP generated (seems to do damage per tile by default, instead of gaining that at higher covers the way Thanos does). So Thanos costs 50% more, destroys 2x as many tiles which means more board shuffle, but the bonus damage for special tiles caps at 6 tiles. Carnage is cheaper and doesn't destroy as many, but there's no cap, which becomes more significant once you remember that Carnage makes special tiles too.

I like him.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2019
    Brigby said:

Vicious Determination - 

Deals 911 damage to the target, then deals an additional 486 to all enemy Heroes.

If the enemy team is made up of Villains, there's no additional damage then?

• AndiTi
    AndiTi Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2019
    3/5/5
    Thanks to JHawkInc's post, I just caught that 4 covers in green allow the destroyed tiles to deal damage as well. 3 or below the destroyed tiles do not deal damage. Depending on the running mates this could be a significant damage boost with 32 tiles in play. I can't see the benefit in ever leaving that at less than 4 covers.

JHawkInc said:
    How does that Green compare to Carnage? 12 AP, 32 tiles, 1576 damage per special tile (with a 9448 cap), and at that many covers also gets damage per tile destroyed. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,124 Chairperson of the Boards
    He seems like a pretty hard counter to Grocket/Gritty teams, which is great as opposed to a nerf. 

@Brigby
    Does his green benefit from Wakanda Forever? Or does it fall under the Gho5t Rider clause of being a tile-destruction power even though it does different damage than a basic match?
  • RickOShay
    He seems like a pretty hard counter to Grocket/Gritty teams, which is great as opposed to a nerf. 

@Brigby
    Does his green benefit from Wakanda Forever? Or does it fall under the Gho5t Rider clause of being a tile-destruction power even though it does different damage than a basic match?
    Very doubtful, as you are expecting unfortunately,. However, his black will very nicely ;)
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Brigby said:

Vicious Determination - 

Deals 911 damage to the target, then deals an additional 486 to all enemy Heroes.

If the enemy team is made up of Villains, there's no additional damage then?

That's correct. If the enemy team has no Heroes, then no additional damage is dealt.

Brigby
    Yup! It kind of reminds me of Rock-Paper-Scissors, when it comes to countering certain strategies. That and Pokemon :P

I gave it a try, and it doesn't seem like his green benefits from Wakanda Forever.
  • ABaker84
    ABaker84 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    edited April 2019
    5/3/5
    Seems like a build that will change depending on opponents. With Okie as my main workhorse, damage dealing powers trump all, so I would set green and black each to 5. But if I'm using him for PvE, and taking on all villain that I won't get the added benefit from his green, then I would probably set that 3 instead.

Overall a lot of utility. Good work!
  • Bugeyed
    Bugeyed Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Avengers Vs. Ultron - Alliance Event
    • Thanos (Endgame) in Placement Rewards
    Wait..    placement ?
    its a boss round yeah ? 

@Brigby
  • RickOShay
    Bugeyed said:
    Avengers Vs. Ultron - Alliance Eventj
    Wait..    placement ?
    its a boss round yeah ? 

@Brigby

We should probably avoid tagging Brigby on every single question we have.
    Educated forumites will explain how it's covers for progression as usual in a boss event.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    3/5/5
    Why do the four stars get such a great quality/**** ratio from a design perspective vs the five stars? I’m not complaining about a great release, but it is a strange phenomenon.

Look forward to rostering another great Thanos!

• Bugeyed
    Bugeyed Posts: 51 Match Maker
    RickOShay said:
    Bugeyed said:
    Avengers Vs. Ultron - Alliance Eventj
    Wait..    placement ?
    its a boss round yeah ? 

@Brigby

We should probably avoid tagging Brigby on every single question we have.
    Educated forumites will explain how it's covers for progression as usual in a boss event.
    Tagged him as that is a possible error in an announcement he may wish to alter asap 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Brigby said:
    Brigby 
    I gave it a try, and it doesn't seem like his green benefits from Wakanda Forever.
    Bummer. Given that Domino's Knock Them Down power DOES benefit from Wakanda forever (just tested it in Simulator), it can be hard sometimes to predict which ones are and are not going to benefit from it.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    A S.H.I.E.L.D. Training event with three older 4-stars needed to get at least one cover. You are spoiling us a little early on this Endgame content developers.  :)
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    Seems designed for PvP where he should shine against a variety of enemy teams (esp ones composed of heroes) and be useful on plenty of your own.

In PvE his Black is essentially useless (run at 3) since you don't normally face heroes. Even his Blue won't have much use in PvE unless your facing Daken/Bullseye or those annoying Ninji's that turn into attack tiles when they die.

3/5/5 in PvE
    5/3/5 in PvP (assuming enemy team has all heroes) otherwise 3/5/5 in PvP

KGB
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited April 2019
    I don't see a universe where you'd take Th4nos into PVE over Thano5 or Thano3 given the option - he seems explicitly intended as a tool in the anti-Gritty arsenal.

I do wonder what the lay of the release PVP is going to look like with all the Panthos teams locked out though. I guess they're not mega-ubiquitous, but I do see more than a few on launch events when everyone is saddled with a 1/1/1 loaner.