My time with MPQ

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2019 in MPQ General Discussion

Hi fellow tilematchers,

The year is 2019. I have been playing on and off since 2014.. nearly 6 years of my life dedicated to MPQ. During this 6 years I have done the following in my life:

• Graduated college

• Hired for a job in my profession

• Met a wonderful girl

• Moved out of my parents house

• Married that same girl

• Relocated from NY to GA

• Purchased a house

There was a lot more events inbetween but as you can see, MPQ has been with me through major milestones in my life. Today my bestfriend passed away. It hurts so much and I am in a lot of pain. I could continue to drown my sorrows into MPQ, but I really need to direct my focus to my family. Therefore I am retiring, for probably the 5th time. I need to make it stick this time, so I already told my alliance to never let me back in. If you see me on the forums again, please message me to leave and give me downvotes. If you see me in PVP, please attack me repeatedly, tell your alliancemates to gang-up on me. If you see me in PVE, message me on LINE to stop playing!

This may sound ridiculous but it’s difficult to leave this game, not because I enjoyed it, but all the great gamers playing with me. I had a lot of fun with MPQ, with my alliance, LINE and this forum. I helped my alliance grow to what it is today and we became a gaming family. On the forums, I made and read a lot of great posts on here, including my surveys and my most recent MPQ Meeting posts.  

I do not expect anyone to respond to this or even care, but I needed to write this to vent out my emotions. I want to thank everyone I ever came across in this game. I also want to apologize to @Brigby for being a pain in the butt the past few years. While I did not agree with some decisions on this forum, I shouldn’t have argued. I know it’s silly to say but I love all of you players and I wish you continued success, whether it’s in MPQ or life itself. Take care everyone and happy matching!

Sincerely with love not punishment,

Tom aka Punisher5784

Comments

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Enjoy retirement and, as I said in a previous retirement post (https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/38185/i-did-it-its-done-and-i-am-relieved), I’m glad you got to enjoy your namesake along the way :)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    Deepest condolences for your loss.  :(

Take care Punisher5784! D3/Demiurge meetings may never be the same without you!
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    So sorry dude, that’s terrible.

I promise if I ever see you in PvP I will grind you into dust and shall encourage others to do likewise 😃.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Punisher, I truly hope the best for you through this tough time.  As somebody that has been through it, it is not an easy time but with the move and support of your family, it will help a lot.  

As for the game, while we never played together, I think I might have been your biggest fan of the MPQ meeting posts. I thought they were great and I know I was always asking for another one cause I just laughed so hard at them.  Truly a fan of your work.  

Good luck to you and hopefully you will get through this a stronger person. 
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    To be fair, a friend passing away should really be enough to make you quit and never come back. 
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    To be fair, a friend passing away should really be enough to make you quit and never come back. 
    I don’t know. I recently lost a very dear loved one. Sometimes MPQ provides a much needed distraction from my thoughts. It’s different for everyone though, examining your priorities is natural...it just depends if that leaves room for silly distractions. Clearly, in this case it did not.

Anyway, very sorry for your loss. Even though I didn’t know you, I enjoyed many of your posts. All the best moving forward!
  • Histamiel
    Histamiel Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2019
    Sorry for your loss @Punisher5784
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    Take care, you wrote some entertaining posts that made the forum a more enjoyable place. If you ever get tempted to come back  boot the game up and do a Thanos snap on you roster. Then several more snaps until all you are left with is 5* Kingpin, Flaptain, 3* Punisher, Moonstone and Yelana. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wishing you all the best.  Everyone can choose how to engage with the game, I suppose that's part of the reason it's still around.  

The game is designed to pull you in, so going cold turkey is probably the only way to really quit without getting sucked back in at some point.

I'll miss your meeting posts, but hope you find engagement and enjoyment in RL pursuits.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Take care man. You definitely made the forum a more interesting place and always spoke from the heart. You have my best wishes. 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sorry for your loss and Best of luck to you man.

I wish you good fortune in the wars to come. 
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    That’s really well said, @Brigby. I was at quite a loss as to how to say this — the thought of losing my best friend is rather more than I could process. I would like to second your comment.  

Good luck, @Punisher5784. My condolences, for sure. 
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards

Hi everyone,

I signed in for my final goodbyes. I appreciate everyone's comments and messages.

Thank you Brigby for your kind message. I promise not to come back!

This is Punisher signing off

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    One last meeting. Continue on with your own dialogue.  

Frank is all wore out, limping into the Demi offices.  Gets through the front door, takes the elevator up to the executive suites and stumbles out.  He hears a meeting going on with the planning of End Game coming to MPQ.  Frank kicks in the door. 

Frank:  What are you guys doing?!?  Planning something big?!   

Intern:  Frank you are back?!?   

CEO:  We thought you were gone?!?  

Frank:  You can’t get rid of me.  I will always be around. 

Continue on: