I did it, it's done and I am relieved :)

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hello fellow players,

I recently flirted with leaving MPQ in my recent retirement-type post but I was really only gone for a week or two. A few things happened, I did not want to leave my alliance during the 4* back-to-back release of 4* Spidey and Venom, I could not figure out what to do on my lunch break at work and I kept finding myself going on the forums whether I was playing or not. Yes, these reasons may seem like a poor excuse that I stayed playing, realistically I just could not stop playing. I slowly skipped some events but unless I uninstalled the game I am just going to keep playing. Well after my annoyance of the recent issue with not being able to create duplicates of champions, I messaged the reds to see if maybe I could get answer, sadly no response. The lack of the communication on the forums is the final nail in the coffin.

The forums is one of the big reasons I kept playing, I enjoyed conversating with fellow players on potential new features/characters, discussing team variations and simply just helping the newer players. MPQ has such a great community of players that it is such a shame that our voices are rarely heard.. I am sure many players left during Anniversary 2 due to how out of touch the game is to what the player wants/needs. Most of us are business-minded, we get it, it's a business, you need to make revenue to continue, but the way MPQ has treated it's customers/players the past few months is not right. It's getting worse each month. I'm not going to give my assumptions on why IceIX left, but losing him was a huge blow to the forums. That was a red flag for me. The man had been with Puzzle Quest since the Original game, we all know that MPQ is nothing like the original game, the only thing that is the same is matching tiles. MPQ grew into something completely different which is both good and bad but unfortunately it's leaning towards the bad, in my opinion. While I agree or at least understand the many changes the game has went through recently, I simply just want to match tiles, the game has gotten way too time consuming.

I want to see this game get bigger and better but my heart is no longer in it, I just don't have the strength or the time to continue forward. After two years of playing and 1 year on the forums, that's it, I have uninstalled the game. With that said, I do not think I will ever find a community of gamers such as everyone on the forums. Although the game is uninstalled, it will be hard not coming on here, I just loved seeing other players thoughts and talking comics. It was my way of escaping from reality where I can focus my attention on something other than my adult responsibilities. Realistically I can't keep doing this and I realized this after my recent grind during the Holidays. As a result, I just signed up to take classes to get my certification in my Human Resources (pHR), it's time I re-directed my concentration on my career. I'll never get my chance to reach the grand 2000 rep club but that's okay, I am happy and surprised I earned as much "Likes" as some of the heavy hitters. It was always nice to see players enjoy my posts, laugh at my jokes and respect my thoughts.

With that said goodbye everyone. Special goodbyes Lok123456 and the rest of the Stampcollector alliance. You guys rescued me from my failed alliance and gave me a reason to continue playing. Also, special thanks to some players I enjoyed speaking with or seeing on the forums: Malcrof, GothicKratos, SnowcaTT, aesthetocyst, TLCstormz, puppychow, OJSP, JVReal, Marc Spector, DayvBang, MarvelMan, fmftint, dr tinykittylove, TxMoose, BlackBoltRocks, Stax the Foyer, simonsez, fight4thedream, Moon Roach, ZootSax and many others. Some of you I played with, some I had convos in PM, some I argued with, some made me laugh and some just simply "liked" my alot of my posts haha. Sorry if I missed anyone! See you all in the gaming after life icon_e_biggrin.gif

Most of all, there will be one person I will truly miss..
Yes Moonstone. Thank you for always coming out of my tokens, but looking good doing so icon_lol.gif

526f05acd6462.jpg

I promise this is it! I have to make it stick this time. Thanks again everyone, I will never forget it and I will tell my future children about the times I had on the puzzle battle field icon_e_wink.gif

Comments

• dider152
    dider152 Posts: 263
    Bye. Have a good time away from the game. I found this post nice and truthful, which is why I repped it. We all will get to the point where we leave the game, and I have to admit that quite a few times last year I genuinely considered leaving, as well. Among other things, it is really messing with my sleep schedule. Anyway, have a nice life and good luck with your studies.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Good luck. Sounds like you're going to be earning something that's much more important than the most recent character release.

I can't argue with any of the points you made. It's always sad to see well-known players leave the community, but I completely understand why it happens. Pop in occasionally and see if anything big has changed, but don't look back too much.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    l8r g8r.

-
  • Wooodd
    Wooodd Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Sorry to see you go Pun.

Only neing new to the same (is < day 200 still new?) I haven't yet got to the point of wanting to quit, nor have I experienced what the game used to be.

Even though we are in the same alliance we haven't spoke all that much, but your input when Ive been unsure what to do really helped.

Good luck with your qualifications and in life. Whilst I can only speak for myself, I feel Stampcollector will not be the same without your there.

Looks like me binning Pun from my roster was an omen icon_e_wink.gif
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    I have to say that I hate radical measures, and what you did here is one of them.

I mean, we are all addicted to this game, otherwise we wouldn't be here, but there is a big difference between being in control of your addiction and losing to it. Nobody ever obliged you to grind this game and spend hours and hours in it. You've done it yourself. It was your choice. And I don't blame you for that.

I don't mean to be disrespectful or something, but the reason you're quitting is not the game's fault, but more your fault that you couldn't control your addiction. It's like saying you're selling the TV because you watch stupid things on it. Who is in charge? an electrical device, a piece of software, or you - the human being ? I think you should figure this out before you really quit anything. (I'm not saying we are doing better than you, I just want you to realize that it was your choices that brought you here)

Just my 2 cents. I don't want to offend you in anyway. You are a veteran and you probably done a lot in this game, as a player and contributor, and for that you have my respect. Guess we all have to learn from your experience... we're better of playing casual than reaching that point that we hate the thing we loved the most...
  • I managed to quit for a whole 3 weeks over Christmas too. Then Championing happened and here I am straight back again. I'm waiting for the shine to rub off from that then I'll be back in the same boat. icon_e_smile.gif
  • really sad to know that you really need to retire this time icon_e_sad.gif
    And thanks a lot for all of your active participation in the alliance stuff, as for the alliance second stage development, you really help a lot for us to grow to this stage!
    Good luck in your career path icon_e_smile.gif
    (Probably we can still keep in touch in line too? icon_lol.gif )
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Best of luck to you Punisher, I'll miss your posts and participation and humor around here. You said what you felt and you were respectful to other people when you said it.

The Real World deserves people like you just as much as we do, so go out there and conquer it... one day at a time.
  • jvasses
    jvasses Posts: 43
    very well said, best of luck punisher!!
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Best wishes, Punisher. Glad you were able to get your 5th red for Punisher before you stopped icon_e_smile.gif
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Human resources? Waaait a minute! I know what your doing! You get certified, then get a job with the company who runs this game. You call everyone in for a meeting on PMAAC, positive mental attitude and communication. You will get familiar with that type of phrase. Then since I know for a fact no one wants to be called to the human resource office, they reinstall you with a whale roster and shower you with LT, command points, and free roster slots. You are a genius! icon_lol.gif
    Going to miss u bro. Good luck with your future.
  • Edith09
    Edith09 Posts: 48
    I´m gonna miss you, I really loved to read your post about MPQ in this forum and in our alliance chat.
    Have fun and comeback to check (NOT to play) on us.
  • Punisher,

Congrats on a great and difficult decision, I made it myself over Christmas, when the game gains control, its about time.

I agree that its a personal decision, I agree that the addiction is our problem, BUT....... The solution is as easy as quitting at once.

Best regards, and best of luck, I have also decided to let it go (uninstalling it was the easiest part), and check the forum for old times sake, but it is running out as well.

Dear forumites, best of luck on your game, and on your particular goals and measures.

Saludos desde México.

Guillermo Labastida
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wishing you all the best in your real life pursuits! Godspeed Punisher!
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    I always enjoyed your posts sir. Good luck with your future endeavors. May RNGesus be kind to you. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    wow. seeing my name on that list - glad you got something from my posts. good luck and God bless. life is too short to not be enjoyed. find something you enjoy.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Honored to be mentioned up there ^^^ icon_e_smile.gif

Best of luck in your RL endeavors.

Congrats n your escape. And, in the nicest possible way, I hope I never see you again!

Look! There he goes! Run, Punisher, ruuuuuunnnnn!
    a7d8997333f75ad744d53b1bbcdeccdb.jpg

And for those of us staying and playing:
    slick_1418782814.jpg

Good luck Punisher!
  • jordanix
    jordanix Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    I opened my 3rd icon_jeangrey.pngblueflag.png in 7 days (bringing her to 0/4/1) and cursed your name Punisher each time.
    You will missed.
  • I think we should all try to get his rep to 2000 in his honor.

I was a fan of his. More than once I would agree with his posts. They were insightful, sarcastic, funny, and helpful. He will be missed.

But congrats on moving on with your life.

See you space cowboy.