Options
13»

Comments

• Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    starfall said:
    Brigby said:

The hardware someone uses is certainly a factor we consider. If hardware degradation wasn't an issue, then we'd never get new phones, right? 
    This is a match 3 game.

With the largest unique high quality art assets of anything.

It doesn't need the processing power of 3D games but it actually needs MORE memory.

• Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    starfall said:
    Kinesia said:
    starfall said:
    Brigby said:

The hardware someone uses is certainly a factor we consider. If hardware degradation wasn't an issue, then we'd never get new phones, right? 
    This is a match 3 game.

With the largest unique high quality art assets of anything.

It doesn't need the processing power of 3D games but it actually needs MORE memory.
    Mmm. With assets like the game over ribbon award that run at speed normally, but stutter if you've played any servos, for example.

The only reason this game needs so much memory is because it has memory leaks they haven't bothered to track down.

You are ignoring what I said. It's loading the thousands of card art into memory at once that causes memory issues. Not even in game, just opening the editor on Karn or Bolas in Legacy would crash things on my older phone. EXTREMELY reliably. The problems while playing are actually separate to the main memory use issue which is just the high quality 2d art.
  • Fiddler
    Fiddler Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Oh goody, a fight. Also, we seem to have passed some kind of threshold with the newest release. My older iPad Air has 1 GB of RAM and now crashes consistently. My iPhone 8, with 2 GB of RAM has no issues. I'd say The Dude is on the right track.  
  • Barnabes
    Barnabes Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    OP mentions both freezes AND crashes in his original post, although he mainly describes soft locks. Personally, I am mostly suffering from memory related crashes every two matches or less while soft locks are something I run into only rarely and I don’t think that either should be a separate thread or a lower priority for the developers - the point of this thread is asking that they fix issues that prevent us from playing instead of adding more functions that we won’t be able to enjoy. 
  • Barnabes
    Barnabes Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    In case it’s not obvious from my post - I consider having to restart the game after every match and refraining entirely from playing certain cards to avoid crashes to be “problems while playing”. 
  • Dropspot
    Dropspot Posts: 200 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I feel like the game environment is deteriorating constantly. Bugs never go away, they only change what causes them. No new coalition events. 

Devs priorities seems confusing, bad designed and bad implemented (LPS and player level fiasco)

The core game is still solid and fun but it's harder and harder to forget all this added noise and enjoy it. 
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options

Here we go again... what utter nonsense! Avacyn's Madness, node 5.2. My Etrata attacks, exiles his Spirit token stack and the game freezes. Bye perfect score, hello frustration and anger!

This time I posted it in the bugs section. Hopefully it gets fixed in 3.4:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/78292/etrata-locks-the-game-when-exiling-a-stack-of-tokens/p1?new=1

• Disgruntled_Catgirl
    Disgruntled_Catgirl Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options

Meanwhile, the forum is flooded with nerf topics. After LPS and bugs, now we need to have our best cards unused.

Please oktagon, work on a crash prevention system !
    Wow, what a marvelous place to do more whining about nerfing cards, it's absolutely on topic.I guess you've never heard of the word "priority", so here it is: "the fact or condition of being regarded or treated as more important than others." In case you're wondering, being the MORE important thing is not the same as being the ONLY important thing. No one ever said that needing to nerf cards means that crash doesn't need to be fixed, since bug fixes is obviously a higher priority; however, just because something is of a higher priority it doesn't mean that nothing else mattered. To say that bug fixes is all that matter because it's of higher priority and thus nerfing cards can be ignored is like saying since breathing is of higher priority drinking water can be ignored - truly, the kind of immaculate logic only an adult mind can fathom, not the incessant whining of a spoiled brat who screams bloody murder whenever they don't get the biggest sticks.