Recent Outage Compensation Discussion

2»

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. I have confirmed that the recently provided compensations are the extent of the compensation for the outages that occurred. 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby this is insane.  So some people were locked out and some were not.  We were not able to do our grind, set up by timers that are how these events are set up, and because we play optimally for top rewards we get punishied because of server failures.  So you will not honor what you did last time for the lock out?  Why is that?   Can you explain more? 
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. I have confirmed that the recently provided compensations are the extent of the compensation for the outages that occurred. 

Not that this outage affected me, but...

1) thanks for the free stuff that I didn't work for or suffered for

2) based on how this game rewards specifically on timing... Should I basically assume that my time and effort will not be valued in the future and adjust my gameplay and investment in the game accordingly?

That's a legit question @Brigby
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's a surprise. Since it's virtually impossible to know the reason(s), then we can only speculate. Below are some plausible reasons:

1) the upper management caught hold of the compensations given out in Jan 19 and was not pleased with it. Therefore, the devs got some warnings and they can only give out "standard" compensations.

2) It was a one-off better than usual compensations.

3) The server outage in Jan was caused by internal staff; therefore, they feel that they need to do more than that. For this server outage, it was something not within their control; therefore, they gave out standard compensations. 

4) After looking at the responses between giving out "standard" compensations and the compensations given out in Jan 19, they received more criticisms for the latter. If you remember, the top 20 placement in ALL scls received 2 LTs and 4* cover. You might think that more players will be happier. But it wasn't. Players who played in higher SCLs and didn't receive the best compensation was pissed off about it. CS probably received a lot of emails from those players demanding 2 LTs to be given to them. 

5) Others? Anyone?

Personally, I'm leaning towards reason 1 and reason 4. Both reasons can't be revealed to the players because reason 1 make the upper management look bad and reason 4 will cause one group  players to hunt for that group of players who were not happy with not getting LTs.  Again, it could be other reasons which have not crossed my mind.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's a surprise. Since it's virtually impossible to know the reason(s), then we can only speculate. Below are some plausible reasons:

5) Others? Anyone?

Maybe it was based on the number of affected players.

I don't remember what number of players were affected in January or for how long and can't recall if it was posted or not. But it sounds like this outage only affected some players in some locations and for less time. That may have been a deciding factor too.

KGB
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    One other factor:

The last outage occurred when Kitty was still in Latest, when she was probably driving revenue a lot more than the current group we have.

I've heard that buy clubs are much less frequent recently.  I have no reason to doubt that, although I've never entered one.  (Note the recent bonus CP offer which seemed buy club incentive.)

So it could be as simple as they aren't taking in as much money now, so the generous payout before couldn't be justified to the money person.