***** Hela (Goddess of Death) *****

1235

Comments

  • AoAAoA Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    5/5/3
    I just want to complain.
    I opened 32 tokens....800 CP and on my 32nd try, I got Hela.  No other 5 stars at all.
    I don't even care what the best set up is.  I'm never going to see it.
  • KolenceKolence Posts: 720 Critical Contributor
    5/5/3
    Brigby said:

    BonusWhen using Death's Best Friend, all 3 ticks of damage will apply, regardless of how many enemies are still alive. If there are 2 enemies, then 1 will receive 2 ticks of damage. If only 1 enemy, then it will receive all 3.
    @Brigby
    Does this mean the 2 ticks at random enemies aren't truly completely random? I read your explanation as "(at least) one of the random ticks will try to avoid the target if possible and hit someone else".
    Could you please clarify? This would matter mostly when attacking Thor teams... :) 
  • JHawkIncJHawkInc Posts: 2,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    pheregas said:
    Brigby  Will Hela's black passive trigger if she becomes stunned?  Say 5*Thanos is teamed up with her, will Hela's tiles drop first, then Thanos AOE and stun, or will they drop independent of stun?
    I downed an enemy when Thanos (The Mad Titan) and Hela were on the same team, and Thanos's Court Death triggered first, therefore stunning Hela and preventing her passive from improving anything.
    This is dependent on the center/left/right ordering. The game chooses priority for things that go off simultaneously (or when two characters share the highest match damage for a color) based on the team order, Center character first, then Left, then Right. I just ran a team with Hela center (I only have one black cover), then Thor on the left, and Thanos on the right. Thor made some protects, I downed an opponent, and Hela fired Death Becomes Her first to buff those protects, before Thanos fired Courth Death. I managed to use Hela's black and cover the board with blue attacks, and then when I downed the second opponent the entire board flashed from Hela's passive buffing the tiles, prior to Thanos using Court Death and ending the match by downing the third character (logically, if it were a wave node, Hela wouldn't get to use her passive again when the third character is downed, because she was already stunned).

    So yeah, whether or not Hela or Thanos fires off their death-triggered passive first depends on team order.

    Probably matters for 3* Bullseye as well when he gets the KO. That could be fun with Wave nodes, put Bullseye before Hela in team orientation, Bullseye gets the KO, Contract Killer covers the board with strikes, Hela buffs them immediately. (at least, that's how it should work in theory, too lazy to check at the moment, haha)
  • wymtimewymtime Posts: 3,423 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/4/4
    Brigby said:
    pheregas said:
    Brigby  Will Hela's black passive trigger if she becomes stunned?  Say 5*Thanos is teamed up with her, will Hela's tiles drop first, then Thanos AOE and stun, or will they drop independent of stun?
    I downed an enemy when Thanos (The Mad Titan) and Hela were on the same team, and Thanos's Court Death triggered first, therefore stunning Hela and preventing her passive from improving anything.

    BonusWhen using Death's Best Friend, all 3 ticks of damage will apply, regardless of how many enemies are still alive. If there are 2 enemies, then 1 will receive 2 ticks of damage. If only 1 enemy, then it will receive all 3.
    Brigby,
    Hela’s Black passives is improving special tiles and her green is what does the extra damage. So the question is if an enemy goes down and Thanos is on the board Hela gets stunned.  Will she still buff the special tiles?
  • VhailorxVhailorx Posts: 4,833 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3
    Kolence said:
    Brigby said:

    BonusWhen using Death's Best Friend, all 3 ticks of damage will apply, regardless of how many enemies are still alive. If there are 2 enemies, then 1 will receive 2 ticks of damage. If only 1 enemy, then it will receive all 3.
    @Brigby
    Does this mean the 2 ticks at random enemies aren't truly completely random? I read your explanation as "(at least) one of the random ticks will try to avoid the target if possible and hit someone else".
    Could you please clarify? This would matter mostly when attacking Thor teams... :) 
    I think what brigby is saying is this:

    (1) when you cast green, you do the base damage against the target, and then the 2 additional ticks are assigned randomly among all living opponents.
    (2) BUT, the randomized ticks are applied sequentially, so if the base damage or first random tick downs an enemy, the following  tick(s) will be applied to a surviving opponent. And if there is only 1 opponent, all 3 ticks will land on that single target.

    Please correct me if this interpretations is incorrect brigby.
  • BrigbyBrigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    JHawkInc said:
    Brigby said:
    pheregas said:
    Brigby  Will Hela's black passive trigger if she becomes stunned?  Say 5*Thanos is teamed up with her, will Hela's tiles drop first, then Thanos AOE and stun, or will they drop independent of stun?
    I downed an enemy when Thanos (The Mad Titan) and Hela were on the same team, and Thanos's Court Death triggered first, therefore stunning Hela and preventing her passive from improving anything.
    This is dependent on the center/left/right ordering. The game chooses priority for things that go off simultaneously (or when two characters share the highest match damage for a color) based on the team order, Center character first, then Left, then Right. I just ran a team with Hela center (I only have one black cover), then Thor on the left, and Thanos on the right. Thor made some protects, I downed an opponent, and Hela fired Death Becomes Her first to buff those protects, before Thanos fired Courth Death. 

    -snip-
    Touché! Had a brain fart and forgot about that rule. Thanks for double checking that one!

    Vhailorx said:
    Kolence said:
    Brigby said:

    BonusWhen using Death's Best Friend, all 3 ticks of damage will apply, regardless of how many enemies are still alive. If there are 2 enemies, then 1 will receive 2 ticks of damage. If only 1 enemy, then it will receive all 3.
    Brigby
    Does this mean the 2 ticks at random enemies aren't truly completely random? I read your explanation as "(at least) one of the random ticks will try to avoid the target if possible and hit someone else".
    Could you please clarify? This would matter mostly when attacking Thor teams... :) 
    I think what brigby is saying is this:

    (1) when you cast green, you do the base damage against the target, and then the 2 additional ticks are assigned randomly among all living opponents.

    (2) BUT, the randomized ticks are applied sequentially, so if the base damage or first random tick downs an enemy, the following  tick(s) will be applied to a surviving opponent. And if there is only 1 opponent, all 3 ticks will land on that single target.

    Please correct me if this interpretations is incorrect brigby.
    Yes, that sounds like an accurate interpretation. Thanks!
  • YepyepYepyep Posts: 715 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2019
    Vhailorx said:
    ...
    Also interesting to note that her powers seems more useful than average at lower ranks.  Her black still converts all blue basic tiles to attack tiles at rank 1 and buffs all friendly strikes. Only the tile strength/buffing goes up.  Her green passive is similar.  It always destroys 2 AP if opponent is above 10 green.  It just does less damage at lower ranks.  Red starts at 3 tilee and goes up to 4 tiles at Rank 5.
    This is arguably the most important aspect of a new 5*, given that a huge majority of the players in the game aren't playing the 5* game -- and probably never will be. A 5* that is genuinely useful with just a handful of covers (not even getting to the question of champing it) is what most of us really, really need. So Kiity, BB, Thanos, JJ, and Okoye are just wonderful 5*s that "smaller" players can really use and enjoy. I'd also put JJ, GED (blue) and Loki (black) as more or less in that category. Inflation of match damage is also pretty welcome for those of us playing AmChav regularly in PvE.

    EDIT: Chuckle, doubled up on JJ, I guess I like her. J^4
  • ThaRoadWarriorThaRoadWarrior Posts: 4,339 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I had GE Doom with just one black (2/0/2 sadly), I'd happly send him out to get slain every match by Gritty teams to clear the strikes off the board reliably. Mega-useful.
  • YepyepYepyep Posts: 715 Critical Contributor
    If I had GE Doom with just one black (2/0/2 sadly), I'd happly send him out to get slain every match by Gritty teams to clear the strikes off the board reliably. Mega-useful.
    Good call. My only cover of him is a not-so-useful yellow... 🤷🏻‍♂️ I really only know him from playing the one top node in support circuit and being vexed by his blue (obviously his black passive is moot in that context). 
  • darkwatcherDEZdarkwatcherDEZ Posts: 89 Match Maker
    4/4/5
    We suppose an argument can be made for 445. We landed a single cover in Black and we have to say the active and passive abilities were impressive (particularly with characters that throw out several specials). Keep in mind that Hela is powered up in this instance, but the results are  nothing to sneeze at. The image is from a wave node with 3* Storm and 4* Teen Jean.

  • VhailorxVhailorx Posts: 4,833 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    5/5/3
    We suppose an argument can be made for 445. We landed a single cover in Black and we have to say the active and passive abilities were impressive (particularly with characters that throw out several specials). Keep in mind that Hela is powered up in this instance, but the results are  nothing to sneeze at. The image is from a wave node with 3* Storm and 4* Teen Jean.

    That is impressive.  But it kind of seems like creamskimming for ideal results.  Of COURSE a character that buffs every special tile on an enemy kill will do very well with mostorm (arguably the easiest way to make 30+ special tiles) in a wave node (where you will have many more than 2 opportunities to boost).

    But to use an extreme example, that's kind of the same thing as hyping up archangel by playing him against vulture + 5* Carol. 

    In most matches, you will not be able to boost more than twice.  And the delta between hela's black at 3 covers and her black at 5 covers seems much less valuable than getting more strikes to use with her green (remember than 1x strength 500 strike tiles is 1500 damage every time you cast her green). 

    There are definitely special circumstances where you can, and probably should, spec 3/5/5 (e.g., when you are using someone else to generate strikes, or when you have a better red outlet, or when you are in a wave node and can proc the black passive many more times).  But in a vacuum, I still think 5/5/3 is superior default build.
  • darkwatcherDEZdarkwatcherDEZ Posts: 89 Match Maker
    edited April 2019
    4/4/5
    Vhailorx said:
    We suppose an argument can be made for 445. We landed a single cover in Black and we have to say the active and passive abilities were impressive (particularly with characters that throw out several specials). Keep in mind that Hela is powered up in this instance, but the results are  nothing to sneeze at. The image is from a wave node with 3* Storm and 4* Teen Jean.

    That is impressive.  But it kind of seems like creamskimming for ideal results.  Of COURSE a character that buffs every special tile on an enemy kill will do very well with mostorm (arguably the easiest way to make 30+ special tiles) in a wave node (where you will have many more than 2 opportunities to boost).

    But to use an extreme example, that's kind of the same thing as hyping up archangel by playing him against vulture + 5* Carol. 

    In most matches, you will not be able to boost more than twice.  And the delta between hela's black at 3 covers and her black at 5 covers seems much less valuable than getting more strikes to use with her green (remember than 1x strength 500 strike tiles is 1500 damage every time you cast her green). 

    There are definitely special circumstances where you can, and probably should, spec 3/5/5 (e.g., when you are using someone else to generate strikes, or when you have a better red outlet, or when you are in a wave node and can proc the balcony passive many more times).  But in a vacuum, I still think 5/5/3 is superior default build.
    Good point, but that merely rests on her passive. Her active black also generates attacks. Coupled with her Red, her high match damage, and any other special tile generator, a single kill makes her very dangerous. Also, consider that damage output difference from 4-Green to 5-Green... The damage and AOE potential is still within a respectable range for a 445 build. 
  • SirHuggyBearSirHuggyBear Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2019
    Wish they would just add a line at the end of these announcement posts when the character will enter the latest legends tokens.
  • DjinnBabbaDjinnBabba Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Wish they would just add a line at the end of these announcement posts when the character will enter the latest legends tokens.
    Its almost always 2 weeks from the release store's closing... unless there is a US holiday.
  • SirHuggyBearSirHuggyBear Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    That helps, thanks. But seems like it would be super easy to just put a stinkin' date in the release post. Then we don't have to do math.
  • YepyepYepyep Posts: 715 Critical Contributor
    That helps, thanks. But seems like it would be super easy to just put a stinkin' date in the release post. Then we don't have to do math.
    The economics of the free-to-play model are premised on secrecy; knowledge permits planning, while ignorance and insecurity drive impulse buying. 
  • RickOShayRickOShay Posts: 437 Mover and Shaker
    Normally a data push would have rotated the new character into Latest Legends by now (just a couple hours late based on previous updates). 
    Hela still on track to enter Latest today?
    @Brigby
  • BugeyedBugeyed Posts: 51 Match Maker
    RickOShay said:
    Normally a data push would have rotated the new character into Latest Legends by now (just a couple hours late based on previous updates). 
    Hela still on track to enter Latest today?
    @Brigby
    Wondering the same. Seems odd it hasn’t happened yet

    @Brigby
Sign In or Register to comment.