What kind of new events do you want?

Options
Mburn7
Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
Most of us have been complaining that we need more (or any) new events to play.
Oktagon has previously stated that new events is a very low priority thing for them, but hopefully our complaining will change their mind.

I doubt they'll start cranking out 3 per set like Hibernium used to, though.  So assuming we get just 1 new event in the next couple months, what kind of event do you all want to see? (note I'm using "simple" to mean with no extra node rules or abilities and "complex" to mean with extra node rules or abilities)

What kind of new events do you want? 45 votes

Simple 3 or 4 node with tribal/set mechanic objectives (like Terrors or Trials)
20%
Wafflesaucebabar3355TomBThéséeFroggyMburn7ArielSiraAmpersandPanneo 9 votes
Simple 5 node with neutral objectives (like Nodes of Power)
0%
Complex 3 or 4 node with tribal/set mechanic objectives (like Race to Orazca)
20%
FalizarJames13GrizzoMtGPQUweTellkampftfg76ThuranfiirstYaanchyEnochRoot 9 votes
Complex 5 node with neutral objectives (like Dragon War)
4%
khurramstarfall 2 votes
Long PvE (like Avacyn or Battle of 4 Tribes)
6%
mrixl2520StormcrowBrakkis 3 votes
Short PvE (like World Reborn or Bolas)
22%
MalcrofarNerowereotterGilescloneWulFgaR77HJ16zypherosTheophilusElektrophorusempyrealFamiliar 10 votes
None of the Above
0%
Something Else/New kind of event
26%
sjechuaZW2007-AzerackDropspotLaeuftbeidirKinesiajtwoodPirhotekLarz70BoogeymanOmegaLolrusJain 12 votes

Comments

• arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My personal choice isn't quite in the list, but anyway.....

As of recently, with double Training Ground in the game and many of the game's older events which require so many games to play to get anywhere in the ranking (or sometimes, to get full progression rewards), I would love to see more events like Fateful Showdown and Revolt of the Consulate. Events that require quite a number of games to play, but most importantly, runs the ENTIRE week so as not to cram 20-something matches in a SINGLE day, for two days straight (looking at you, Tuesdays).
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just want coalition events.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With two Training Grounds a day, Rising Tensions, and Trial of the Planes.... I think we've got an overabundance of PvP content. There's a bit of PvE content for sure, but something like Routes of Ravnica that can be completed in less than an hour aren't terribly satisfying. Some kind of coalition PvE event is overdue.
  • mrixl2520
    mrixl2520 Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If we're only going to get one event during the weekend, I prefer the longer events. Additionally, I think there ALWAYS needs to be legacy and standard events running at all times to accommodate everyone's preference.
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Options
    New set coalition events please! Thanks.
  • Mburn7
    Options
    starfall said:
    Standard Coalition PvP.

The options in this poll are pretty bizarre.

Yeah, I didn't really think this one all the way through.  There are really too many options to make it a poll, looking back.  Every thousand posts or so I come up with a real stinker.
  • Thésée
    Thésée Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Options
    We need new coalition events  I voted tribal because it could be cool, but I'd take anything.
    Would like to see something Standard but really, any new event would save us
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I want intracoalition, real-time PvP.  Pipe dream, I know, but it’s the thing I want the most. Just for funsies. No prizes, probably.

A little more seriously, maybe some sort of WoW-inspired event where there are small bosses and a large boss and there needs to be some degree of coordination within in the coalition in order to work your way through them. Even though it would be an event where just your coalition is playing, you could give out rewards based on a timer to allow for varying rewards between competitive/casual coalitions.

The theme between all of these is something where it feels like being in a coalition actually matters. Right now, coalitions just feel like 20 people who want to play the game getting together because they were previously in a group of 20 people where only 10 people showed up. Just showing up is a pretty low bar as a reason for being in a coalition.

• tfg76
    tfg76 Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    New standard coalition PVP with good prizes. Yes, like RtO or the like, but not because of the complexity - because of the competition and prizes. Terrors and their like are useless because of the low prize value and high investment.
  • Dropspot
    Dropspot Posts: 200 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just want new coalition events, may it be PvE or PvP. Just new. Standard please. 
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I prefer PvE events, generally, but I do like some of the gimmick node events quite a bit that Oktagon had come up with.
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Short coalition event on Ravnica, with stuff like the dragon war had, specific nodes/ complex to stimulate guild play. 
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I want PvE. Specifically, long and impossible games. In that way, the devs will be forced to scrap their LPS.
  • Boogeyman
    Boogeyman Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I say something like this:
    - Events dealing with the newest set
    - Player borrows 1 mythic and 1 rare at random to put in their deck 
    - Player then borrows (or if they own) 8 common uncommon card to complement the rare and mythic in that set 
    - Player plays other players custom decks
    - Secondary challenges based on newest set play mechanics
    - Rewards can be to keep rare/mythic that they played the event with

This will get people used to the powers of the latest event without owning the latest cards.  
  • KageTora
    KageTora Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This. Very much this. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    KageTora said:
    This. Very much this. 
    Hi Everyone. I just learned today that there will be a new Coalition event in the 3.5 update.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Brigby said:
    KageTora said:
    This. Very much this. 
    Hi Everyone. I just learned today that there will be a new Coalition event in the 3.5 update.
    Well, this is the best news since.. Er.. Wait. 3.4 is the best update, isn't it? So it won't come until WAR comes?
    But it's some hope they haven't decided to get rid of coalitions.

• Mburn7
    Options
    Brigby said:
    KageTora said:
    This. Very much this. 
    So it'll be a WAR event?  Ok, I'll take what I can get.
    If it isn't a buggy mess it may even keep me into the game for a bit longer.  Thanks!