**** Talos (Skrull Warlord) ****

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited March 2019 in Character Details
Hi Everyone,
"Talos, perhaps the most cunning spy in all of the Skrull Empire, is a master of shapeshifting and intergalactic espionage.

An integral leader to the Skrull's offensive efforts in the bitter Kree-Skrull War, the fearsome Talos will do whatever it takes to protect his own."

Check out the brand new 4-Star Talos, and find out how you can recruit him onto your roster!

4-Star Rarity (Legendary)
Villains
purpletilepng bluetilepng blacktilepng

(Abilities listed at level 270, Power Level 5)
15,642 Health
purpletilepng 85 | bluetilepng 74 | blacktilepng 65 |  43 |  13 | yellowtilepng 12 | greentilepng 11 |  3.5x

Access Granted -  7 purpletilepng AP
Disguised as his foe, Talos infiltrates an enemy organization to gain access to their plans. Talos creates 1 Trap tile that shapeshifts Talos into the target enemy. While any of these tiles are on the board, Talos steals 1 AP in the shapeshifted target's strongest color any time you make a match of that color.
  • Level 2: Talos steals 2 AP in the shapeshifted target's strongest color...
  • Level 3: Talos creates 2 Trap tiles...
  • Level 4: Talos creates 3 Trap tiles...
  • Level 5: Talos creates 4 Trap tiles...
Stunning Blow - 9 bluetilepng AP
With a swift blow from a stun baton, Talos leaves his opponent senseless. Talos stuns the enemy for 2 turns and creates a Blue 3-turn Countdown tile that destroys 2 AP in the enemy team's strongest color.
  • Level 2: ...Countdown tile that destroys 3 AP in the enemy team's strongest color.
  • Level 3: ...and creates a Blue 2-turn Countdown tile that destroys 4 AP...
  • Level 4: Talos stuns the enemy for 3 turns...
  • Level 5: Talos stuns the enemy for 4 turns and creates a Blue 1-turn Countdown tile that destroys 5 AP...
A Skill Unmatched - blacktilepng Passive
Talos uses his tactical prowess to set in motion a silent invasion, leaving his enemies unprepared and helpless to resist his force. For every AP Talos has in the enemy team's strongest color more than they do, his match damage increases by 7%. If Talos is shapeshifted, his match damage increases by 10% instead (max 150%).
  • Level 2: ...match damage increases by 10%...shapeshifted, his matched damage increases 14% (max 210%).
  • Level 3: ...match damage increases by 13%...shapeshifted, his matched damage increases 18% (max 270%).
  • Level 4: ...match damage increases by 18%...shapeshifted, his matched damage increases 25% (max 375%).
  • Level 5: ...match damage increases by 28%...shapeshifted, his matched damage increases 39% (max 585%).
Character Release Info

Recruit Talos!

S.H.I.E.L.D. Training - Heroes for Hire
  • Starts: 3/14/19, 7:00am EST
  • Ends: 3/23/19, 2:00am EST
  • Price 7,000 Hero Points
  • Contents: 
    • Cyclops (Classic) Red Cover
    • Gamora (Awesome Mix Volume 2) Red Cover
    • 16x Elite Tokens
    • 6x Command Points
    • 20,000 Iso-8
Talos & Foes - Limited Vault
  • Starts: 3/14/19, 7:00am EST
  • Ends: 3/21/19, 7:00am EST
  • 80 Items: 
    • 1x Legendary Token
    • 3x Beginner Support Tokens
    • 1x Random Talos (Skrull Warlord) Cover
    • 2x Random 4-Stars from the Call for Backup missions, with an option of the following characters:
      • Namor (The Sub-Mariner)
      • Gamora (Awesome Mix Volume 2)
      • Cyclops (Classic)
    • 21x 3-Star Covers
      • 3x Featured
      • 18x Random
    • 52x 2-Star Covers
      • 10x Featured
      • 42x Random

Event Schedule

Thick as Thieves - Story Event
  • Starts: 3/14/19, 7:00am ET
  • Ends: 3/18/19, 2:00am ET
  • Talos (Skrull Warlord) in Placement Reward
S.H.I.E.L.D. Training - Character Release Event
  • Starts: 3/14/19, 7:00am ET
  • Ends: 3/21/19, 7:00am ET
  • Rewards tokens to Thick as Thieves, random cover of Talos, and more!
Webbed Wonder - Story Event
  • Features Talos (Skrull Warlord)
  • Starts: 3/18/19, 7:00am ET
  • Ends: 3/22/19, 2:00am ET
  • Talos (Skrull Warlord) in Progression Reward
  • Rewards tokens to the Talos & Foes Vault
Business As Usual - Versus Tournament
  • Starts: 3/17/19, 8:00am ET
  • Ends: 3/20/19, 3:00pm ET
  • Talos (Skrull Warlord) in Progression Reward
  • Rewards tokens to the Talos & Foes Vault
What do you think is Talos's best build? Vote down below!

**** Talos (Skrull Warlord) **** 38 votes

5/5/3
47%
OzarkBoatswainYasuruthedarkphoenixmoss04Pongiey4747Malcrofzodiac339thechairmanBobby_LishezAnonABaker84SeahawkD21mlody888LukusDanielRazuhluiFelizMagnaofIllusion 18 votes
5/4/4
0%
5/3/5
0%
4/5/4
5%
KGBthatgyemartin 2 votes
4/4/5
0%
3/5/5
47%
jtmageeStevO-JTrilateralusgravelrdvargas1DigitHAL9000BlackBoltRocksMirrorKnighttherightwayePtahhotepHilkHoundofShadowkk3thessShowdereManoPASaltyKDoragonCoolguy101084 18 votes

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3
    Oh man that Purple...

Can someone sell me on Black? It honestly looks really bad.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Sorry cannot sell you on that black it will run into the same problem that type of power always runs into if he is not tanking it will be useless 5/5/3.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Really depends on what color Traps the Purple makes. It only steals 1 AP, and only when you match your opponent's strongest color. It'll be situational to both the board and the enemy team.

The combo potential is interesting. Blue destroys 5 enemy AP, Purple lets you match 3 and Steal 2, which can be heavy swings in your favor (especially if it's a color you don't need to spend), which bumps up the bonus damage from Black. And that's where most of his direct offensive power sits. Keeping the enemy in check and boosting your match damage through the roof could be nasty in the right circumstances.

I think he could be fun paired with America in 4* territory.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    I agree he could be a good support character but that black power mechanic has been used before and it is bad (Vision and Emma Frost come to mind), the other two powers have potential.  The main issue is ap reducers have to be fast or they are dead, his look borderline they will work or they wont I will have to see him in action to know for sure but I can definitely comment on black :)
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor
    His pvp will be annoying, like Mystique and Shulk, stunning and stealing AP is a pain.  However, with no damage output other than increased match damage he's a support at best.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    So 5* Nick Fury next (or Yon-Rogg, but probably Fury)?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    If his black works on his base match damage like Ghost does, there could be some potential there. The purple is kind of feeling like a combo of OBW's passive and Mystique's purple, except more limited. Might make up for it if the match damage thing works out. 9 blue for a 4 Turn Stun isn't amazing, but also isn't terrible.
    I do find it kind of interesting that none of his powers are dependent on his level. All that matters is the number of covers.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    Same complaint I have with Fatpin and other characters that use "strongest colors" as a condition.  We should be able to pick what color we want to steal.  Unless I'm running a rainbow team, I may have zero use for the enemy's strongest color.  Sure the mechanic in his purple feeds his black, but it depends on him tanking that one color.  

*edit*
    @TPF Alexis , yeah if black actually increases the match damage number (like Ghost), then there's some potential.  If it's damage that's tacked on after the fact (like PunMax increasing strike tiles), then not good as he'd have to tank the color to begin with.

@Brigby does his black power increase his match damage numbers, or is the damage increase calculated after he makes a match.  
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    Same complaint I have with Fatpin and other characters that use "strongest colors" as a condition.  We should be able to pick what color we want to steal.  Unless I'm running a rainbow team, I may have zero use for the enemy's strongest color.  Sure the mechanic in his purple feeds his black, but it depends on him tanking that one color.
    Not to mention the fact that if the enemy has no AP in their strongest color yet this does... nothing. 

And depending on which team you're playing, it might not even matter if the AI steals your strongest color. For example, when I run Thorkoye, black is my strongest color. Sure, AI, steal my black. Take it all, because odds are I'm fighting another Thorkoye team and they can't use black either, or a Gritty team, which also can't use black. Though if *I'm* fighting the AI's Gritty team I'll be stealing yellow (again, provided the AI has yellow to steal). So it's not all bad. Just would be better if it stole random AP (to ensure you get something) or from the highest AP pool. 
  • max5esq
    max5esq Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Yuck, no powers that do direct damage, AP steal only activates after a power has been fired and those tiles could be matched in a turn or two and he won't tank automatically, not a very good character. Blue is ok, Purple useful bit not great, black yuck.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,691 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    6* thanos. 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    4* Yon-Rogg, maybe. Given how most movie tie-ins go, more likely Carol/Talos does it for now, and the next 4* won't have anything to do with Captain Marvel.

Next 5* after that likely to be Endgame related. I'd guess Thanos and Iron Man so we get one before and one after the movie. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3
    broll said:
    Hoping next is Spiderverse Blu Ray release related. El Scorpion, Noir, or 2099 would be fine, though I’d been hoping for Olivia Octavius.

Frustrated that this purple doesn’t feel like an upgrade of Shapeshift. It’s just harder to hit traps than a Countdown, but only affecting one AP Pool doesn’t sound great right now.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    So we got a 4* reskin of Mystique, without the hitting power of her Masterstroke... 
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    I mean, he has no offensive capabilities, aside from increased damage if he's shapeshifted. He's literally dead weight you'd bring into any match, hoping he'll steal from the opposing team...
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    5/5/3
    The strongest color is what makes him actually suck. If it was random AP or even two strongest colors he'd be really good and not OP because he does no damage....

I'm really curious as to who D3 has testing heros again.....
  • MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    It’s funny he has a shape shifting ability because in the comics he cannot shape shift