When to call it quits...

0_efx_0
0_efx_0 Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
   Having to grind for CP was fun. Now it’s not so fun, due to the fact that pulling 5 star characters has become tough.
Now experiencing that most 5 star characters aren’t as powerful(Captain Marvel) is also a let down.
   Character selection screen still requires you to tap away to get a team going has become an annoying tedious aspect.
   There really isn’t any satisfaction for me anymore that this game once used to fulfill.
   Is it time to call it quits? I would say I am 80% there. I will only play Deadpool dailies now which should be good enough for me. It’ll keep me in the loop and honestly puzzle quest players, if after End Game there aren’t any giant fixes or new characters that are fun to play with; it will become End Game for me.

Do you feel the same way? If you are close to quitting this 1-2 hour game, what would reel you back in to playing?

Comments

• 0_efx_0
    edited March 2019
    ammenell said:
    still need to poop. 
    Exactly when I’ll play DPD
  • IYeaheahI
    IYeaheahI Posts: 53 Match Maker
    What keeps me going is the huge potential this game has with the huge amount of characters to play with.

All we have to wait for, is for the game designers to let go of the 'Hey we have created a new game mode and it basically means you have to grind a lot of matches' concept.

There are so many great game modes possible that do not require you to play a lot but require you to play smart, play together (alliance events are a good example) or simply require you to have a strong roster build.

In other words:
    - Less battles
    - More challenging battles
    - Reward mechanics for varying the characters you use

Just a couple of examples:
    - Community bosses
    - pvp events that are restricted to a certain * tier
    - Boss run
    - Updated Gauntlet
    - Wakanda event even harder then before but requiring only 2 or 3 clears.
    - More different boss events
    - New puzzzle modes
    etc.

Needless to say, a 6* tier is required so people can move on once they are in 5* land.

To free up resources, I suggest we limit the amount of new champs to 12 the coming 12 months. Maybe throw in some rebalances as will.

Those things will come one day, hang in there!

• ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    to be serious, I still feel uncomfortable about 5* land.

i have a useable kitty and fully covered thor and BB, im sitting on 350+ LLs (and the required iso to go with 3 fully covered latest) and I'm wondering if I ever pull the trigger on that hoard.

4* land is just so much more diverse and fun while the 5* tier seems to be, by a lot of accounts, frustrating and/or repetitive. 

that being said, not playing competitively and just killing time on... select occasions was always my way of playing.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    5*s don't need to be purged. 
    you can just as easily ignore the tier, lowcapping is also an option.

the jump from 4* to 5* is everyone's own decision imo
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Once I let go of the need to finish top 10 in PVE, it took some stress away.  After finishing top 20 for a while and not really "missing" that extra 4* cover, I stopped fighting for top 20.  Same thing happened.  I don't "miss" the extra 4* cover.  I still get a 4* cover for top 50 and the amount of speed/effort/stress is greatly diminished.  I can "sort of" play when I want (as long as I do full clears) and I can even try out any teams I want since speed isn't a factor anymore.  My roster is still progressing and being able to use the boosted 4* and even some 3* keeps it enjoyable for me.  
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    ammenell said:
    5*s don't need to be purged. 
    you can just as easily ignore the tier, lowcapping is also an option.

the jump from 4* to 5* is everyone's own decision imo
    And with saved covers it's easier to ignore 5*

I made the jump because I suddenly found myself with a 14th Thanos cover and didn't want to waste it. Soon after I got Daredevil going for a second and it went from there.

I do sort of regret it in that a lot of the cool innovations in 4* land are meaningless to me now and will never get used and I'm totally at the whims of RNG to make progress on 5*s...while also hoping the next one isn't so over powered and broken that they become mandatory owns or you fall behind.

But on the flip side...I do like being done with PvE in less than an hour now.
  • 0_efx_0
    What fix or update would make you way more excited to play?

Ex: New Stores with only 3 specific 5 star characters and only 9 specific 4 star characters, 5 node clears instead of 6, supports in PVP.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    0_efx_0 said:

There really isn’t any satisfaction for me anymore that this game once used to fulfill.
    ^^^^
    Time to call it quits. 
  • Steve111
    Steve111 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    A growing number of players are mentioning that the tortured way 5* feeders are being dripped out is causing them to question playing the game. 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    The thing that is bugging me the most lately, out of all the meta teams I've dealt with, kitty grocket is my least favorite and most annoying. All I see is kitty grocket. It destroys my motivation to play the game. Now bishop is starting to pop up with them in simulator, just not very fun.

Put that with the fact its near impossible to earn classic five stars, increased dilution and the severe amount of two stars you earn off of everything, this game becomes less fun every day. 
  • Jogibb
    Jogibb Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    The three things I want most have never really changed. I want an open all feature for tokens because standard pulls are annoying to hit screen 20 times. I want a bad luck meter for heroic and legend tokens. If you go 50 or so heroics without 4* get one guerenteed. If you go 20 legends without 5* get one guerenteed. Lastly, I want the optuon to turn off dialogue for events I’ve played 1000 times. 
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    M4rvel’s PVP makes me want to quit. 
  • chris0001
    chris0001 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Been debating hanging up the belt also....5 years in and loosing all ambition to play. 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    Steve111 said:
    A growing number of players are mentioning that the tortured way 5* feeders are being dripped out is causing them to question playing the game. 
    Seriously how can the odd cover or two in 5* land be the breaking point. They are a bonus not a right. There’s far more issues with lack of feeders from 3 to 4 star to help get players going in the most diluted tier that not getting a cover or so for a 5* is nothing like as big a problem area.

If they finished the feeders today for every 5* it’s not that big an impact on your game surely to motivate the grind carrying on or not.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    I'm also on the brink of quitting, it's been a 4 year run or so...

But trying to advance my 5 roster is just tedious, it's not really enjoyable not having a reliable way to gain characters, it's not enjoyable that it still takes forever to clear nodes.

And the dry spell of 5 def doesn't help.... But yeah there needs to be some changes slice opening up or rearrangements or something....
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    ammenell said:
    still need to poop. 
    If you're spending 2+ hours pooping, see a doctor....
    Also if you're placing well regularly and only playing then, what do you do to stay so regular??

Poop jokes aside.  I never bought into the 5* land is so miserable complaints, but I've been there for sometime now and yeah, I'm about done with the game myself.  It was fun for the first little bit, but the novelty has long past worn off.  The dopamine drops that kept me invested have all but died off.  I suspect supports was meant to fix this, however it's just a silly side thing to me that will never get me excited, no matter what they do to try and spice it up.  IMO the only way to solve this is to start a 6th tier that's as rare as 5*s, then lower the rarity of each tier before (maybe even consider dumping the 1* tier, if's only viable for 1-2 weeks as a training wheels tier that doesn't have most of the better features of other tiers because even the devs don't take it seriously...). 

I'm not optimistic that will happen.  It seems like the devs are content to keep banging their heads against the supports wall.  While I haven't quit yet, my playtime has more than halved and while I'm still mostly invested in PvE, even that seems like a non-enjoyable chore.  Only reason I haven't quit is my alliance, but that won't hold forever.  Unless something changes soon I'm gonna be Audi 5000.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    For me, it is probably more about addiction and FOMO at this point after 5+ years. I still enjoy matching and the competition, interacting with the alliance and other MPQers on this forum, Line, and Discord. I keep playing at the high level bc of self imposed sense of obligation to alliance and fear of relaxing when they release the next meta character like Gambit, Thorkoye or Kitty
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2019
    it's a game, if the way you play isn't fun change the way you play or quit , it's not a job, really

I changed the way I play couple of years ago (way more casual now), you don't have to get everything, you don't have to finish top 5 to have fun.

New characters not being as good? - balance issues? etc they don't affect me anymore, way more fun