Are 4* Feeders for 5*’s Now A Thing Of The Past?

Options
124»

Comments

• LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The last feeder was in February for the FF event, prior to that, it was around September. On PW3, they said new feeders would be closer tied to 'in game events' but Brigby teased another during the current Endgame stuff. Who knows for sure at this point. 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    From November 20 2017 (when feeders for 5's started) to today we average 1 feeder every 22 days.

Even with the gap between captain marvel and the one before we have gotten more than one a month since they started adding feeders. 

So maybe they think that's too fast. It's certainly faster than we often give them credit for.
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Didn't Brigby say there was gonna be more than one 5* feeder? Aren't we due one soon or is this a wrap for Endgame celebrations?
  • marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It doesn't matter if it's slightly faster or slower. We still have a backlog. It should at least be available for all Classic characters. Don't see what's so hard to understand about it.
  • tiomono
    Options
    marshall said:
    It doesn't matter if it's slightly faster or slower. We still have a backlog. It should at least be available for all Classic characters. Don't see what's so hard to understand about it.
    But that's my point. We get a new 5* about every 6 weeks on average. We get a new feeder about every 3 weeks on average.

Since feeders were introduced they have been coming at nearly double the speed of new 5*s.

If the backlog of characters without a feeder is the concern I would think doubling the feeder pace compared to new characters coming would take care of that. That's essentially what has been done up to this point, but people are complaining that it's not enough.

You say slightly faster or slower doesn't matter. But you also say all classics should have a feeder already. So clearly you want faster.

They have been putting them out pretty fast. We do not know what the exact pace will be moving forward. But we do know it will be slower than before based on recent dev comments.

I personally feel they just need to RIP off the bandaid. Get them all a feeder and as soon as a new character hits classic tokens give them a feeder. But I know that's very unlikely to happen.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We could sit here and debate the past pace of release - do you include August '18 with the MCU 10 celebration or not? (Marvel incentivizes the game publishers to tie into their big events).  Getting 8 in one month certainly pushed up our average pace.

But what's really important to me is that instead of having a regular pace of feeders to look forward to as a monthly event, now we have no idea what to expect.  Maybe there'll be a feeder tied to Spidey (Fatpin?  Blargh)  and then no feeder until October (?) until Disney + releases.  Or there'll be some big comic event Marvel wants to push.  Or the game's anniversary.  Or who knows?

I really looked forward to getting a feeder once a month, especially in months where all we otherwise got was 2 4's which do nothing for my roster other than provide some champ rewards.

I continue to believe that part of the reason for slowdown was to start pushing the newer, consistent, CP stores for Classic 5's.  Which is fine, as this is a business, but as a player/customer it makes me unhappy.  I have already resolved to not buy the next feeder bundle regardless of who it is.
  • tiomono
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    We could sit here and debate the past pace of release - do you include August '18 with the MCU 10 celebration or not? (Marvel incentivizes the game publishers to tie into their big events).  Getting 8 in one month certainly pushed up our average pace.
    Yes I included all feeders from when they started up till captain marvel getting a feeder. The average is 1 feeder every 22 days. That's just an average and doesn't really need a debate because it's a flat statistic.

Some gaps between feeders were larger some were smaller. The average was one every 22 days. Which was not fast enough for most all of us. Even though the dev's thought it was too fast.

Moving forward who knows.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,165 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's much like the pace of 5* drops out of latest...given a large enough sample size, it averages out to 1:7, but at any given moment you might be on a hot streak or a dry spell I guess.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Assuming all Classic 5* have feeders, then what's next?

We'll then be left with 3 Latest 5*, which rotate every 18 weeks? 

Two feeders aside, the wait for new 5* feeders will be every 4.5 months.

Again, what's next for feeders? The probability of devs giving double feeders regularly are virtually impossible. Then what's next for 5* vets?
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Assuming all Classic 5* have feeders, then what's next?

We'll then be left with 3 Latest 5*, which rotate every 18 weeks? 

Two feeders aside, the wait for new 5* feeders will be every 1.5 months, because a 5* stays in latest for 18 weeks but one leaves every 6 weeks.

<and so on, doesn't really matter>
    Fixed it.
    I'm sorry, butchering math hurts too much to just ignore.
    Carry on...
  • pfarewell
    pfarewell Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    So.... where is the second feeder that was hinted at?  @Brigby
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Must be just around the corner. :)
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2019
    Options
    There's currently 34 5-stars in the game including Rescue, and 24 of them have feeders. Could be worse in my opinion, but in either case that leaves only 10 who don't have feeders: 

Archangel - Of the remaining 4-star X-Men, PX, Jean Grey, or X-23 make sense to me. Angel feeds Jean Grey, and it looks like X-23 and Angel have some kind of past based on Angel's comic cover. 

Cable - I figured Domino was no-brainer here, as she is still kinda somewhat newish so there probably won't be a ton of people that have her over Lv. 300. 

Doctor Doom - I'd figure Thing or Invisible Woman here, leaning more towards IW since 3* Doom feeds her

Doctor Strange - Sounded like we might get this one during the EndGame celebration, but who knows at this point. I'd personally love for this to be Mordo, but I can see them coming completely out of left field with this one

Gambit - Seriously surprised this isn't Rogue, even if the 3* Gambit didn't feed her. Only other person who would have made sense to me would be Jubilee, but they decided to have her give Phoenix

Hela - I'd have waited and given this one to Valkryie since they actually fought in the past, though I can't complain about her feeding Thor. Perhaps Lady Thor could feed her, though I don't think they have a canon connection. 

Kingpin - 4* Kingpin was already used for Daredevil, but there's still a few Spider-Verse characters to choose from. Given the movie, Miles makes the most sense here, as Peter P5rker is already fed by Vulture. Spider-Gwen and Spider Woman were in the movie too if I'm not mistaken, but Miles makes the strongest case IMO. 

Kitty Pryde - I'm inclined to go with PX here. But remember, we've still got a few X-Men i didn't mention before that don't feed anyone, such as Cyclops, Bishop, Nightcrawler, & Emma Frost. Knowing the way this usually goes, Emma seems more likely than PX. 

Rescue - Hulkbuster seems like it'd be a no-brainer due to being our only 4-star version of Tony, but I wouldn't be surprised if she's eventually fed by someone who hasn't come out yet

The Hulk - An equally valid argument can be made for both Red Hulk and Cho, though I seriously doubt anyone cares. They can save this guy for last. 

Honestly the 4-star tier needs more attention in this regard as far as I'm concerned. The pool is much more diluted there, so "free" covers given from champ levels of a 3-star character would go a much longer way. 

EDIT: I originally had Loki on here suggesting MEH should feed him based on their MCU history together, but I suppose it slipped my mind that was already the case. *facepalm*
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    On lady Thor feeding Hela, it would be the goddess of thunder feeding the goddess of death😎
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It's ridiculous that strange and Banner, two of the oldest fives in the game, still don't have feeders.