Are 4* Feeders for 5*’s Now A Thing Of The Past?

Steve111
Steve111 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
edited March 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
The last 4* feeder was released around the 8th Jan (with the FF celebration), and we are now two months on from that. Can someone please communicate with the player base and give us a sense of the future of this concept? 

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It should be obvious. It's either happening during Captain Marvel celebration or it's going to happen during Endgame. It seems like they are trying to tie in with thr various promotions.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    @Steve111
    You may want to change the title to 5* feeder.  4* feeder would mean a 3* who fed into a 4*.  Just my .02...
  • moss04
    moss04 Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    It should be obvious. It's either happening during Captain Marvel celebration or it's going to happen during Endgame. It seems like they are trying to tie in with thr various promotions.
    these two movie are almost 2 months apart though.  It seems like they could do something for both and it would still be less frequency than what most would prefer.
  • moss04
    moss04 Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    bluewolf said:

Also......there's not one unfed person who seems like they would fit into a Captain Marvel celebration, sadly.  So here we are, waiting for an indefinite amount of time.
    What about Captain Marvel?!
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 631 Critical Contributor
    moss04 said:
    bluewolf said:

Also......there's not one unfed person who seems like they would fit into a Captain Marvel celebration, sadly.  So here we are, waiting for an indefinite amount of time.
    What about Captain Marvel?!
    He was talking about 5s not in Latest. But then once they gave Wasp a feeder and Loki, both while in Latest, so it is not impossible.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    All they are doing by not releasing them all at once, is giving us a chance to “double dip” and get free LTs. It would seem in their best interest to release fives with feeders and to feed all older fives to prevent this, but I can’t begin to fathom why they do some of the things they do. 

I know the OP is asking for communication but I’d be super shocked if we got any substantial information from the higher ups. This drum has been beat to death and I think the last communication we got on this was pre-saved covers. Where they worried that releasing all at once would create a “pressure to champ”/iso constraint. Since that is no longer a valid concern I don’t believe we’ve had any communication.

@Brigby, is this something you could check into?
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Didn't a couple of recent-ish 5-stars get feeders shortly after their release vaults closed? I think Loki was one. This should be a more common thing. Assign the feeder after their release, but before the first time they're featured as the 5E PvE essential.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    All they are doing by not releasing them all at once, is giving us a chance to “double dip” and get free LTs. It would seem in their best interest to release fives with feeders and to feed all older fives to prevent this, but I can’t begin to fathom why they do some of the things they do. 

I know the OP is asking for communication but I’d be super shocked if we got any substantial information from the higher ups. This drum has been beat to death and I think the last communication we got on this was pre-saved covers. Where they worried that releasing all at once would create a “pressure to champ”/iso constraint. Since that is no longer a valid concern I don’t believe we’ve had any communication.

@Brigby, is this something you could check into?
    Obviously it’s true that you can “double dip”, but an LT is 85% of the time just a 4 vs a guaranteed 5. And I assume in the rewards budget, that any 5* cover is assigned the most value.  So making more available more quickly would upset their plan/“balance sheet” for that period. 

Anyhoo. Maybe we’ll get a 5CM feeder sometime soon-ish now that her store is closed. Or not. 
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    Its crazy that theres still old 5*s that dont have feeders yet. They should all be done by now with the devs just working on who will feed new ones.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree, it does seem like it's in everyone's interest to just rip the bandaid on feeders and assign them all, then just have new 5*s release with a feeder. It can even be a new release 4* for all i care. I still think we need 5*s to be multi-fed in the Dilution Age.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 631 Critical Contributor
    Banner and Strange seem like a natural for part of the End Game celebration. But I agree they should be done already.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    Didn't a couple of recent-ish 5-stars get feeders shortly after their release vaults closed? I think Loki was one. This should be a more common thing. Assign the feeder after their release, but before the first time they're featured as the 5E PvE essential.
    Loki and Wasp were given feeders right away which was a HUGE plus in the eyes of the players and an awesome change we were all asking for.  But no....here we are again with nothing at all and we wait and wait and wait all while more and more players leave the game.  Oh well doesn’t matter anymore. 
    Or we could maybe wait and see?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just because I was curious, I looked up the last gap.

In August '18 we had 6 feeders, which was great.  There was a gap of 8 weeks from War Machine on 8/24 to America Chavez on Oct 19.  It seemed OK (to me, anyway) to take a break since we got so many in one month.

We have had 4 feeders since last August:
    Oct 19:  America
    Oct 31:  Ghost Rider
    Dec 21:  Carnage
    Jan 11:  Mr. Fantastic

As of this Friday it will be 8 weeks since Mr. Fantastic.

Sigh.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just dont understand their thinking, particularly with older 5*s. Why hold off so long? Exactly what are they waiting for? Or are the remainder of the 5*s simply not getting a feeder at all? Cant they not be bothered to do anymore? 

Some answers would be nice. A simple "we are waiting to here to do *insert name* and we are waiting to here to do *insert name". 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't hold your breath. These devs are NEVER going to answer simple questions like that if they can help it. Don't want to risk making even a vague promise and having people be upset if things change later down the line. It's easier to just deny providing information in the first place so it's impossible to break a promise in the first place. You see that plenty of that with all of the patterns going back years that the players have mapped out that the devs will follow 99% of the time and still never acknowledge.

Personally, I can see Strange waiting until Endgame, and Banner waiting until Endgame and/or until he gets a rework (they could theoretically happen at the same time).

I see Wasp and Loki as almost flukes more than anything, and don't expect to get feeders for new 5*s that soon... basically ever again. Like the resources available in Places of Power, or how Civil War gave 5* covers for the first run, it's an example of the devs being overly generous that won't happen again. The reality is that they want to pressure people to spend resources, and getting people to use CP on Latest stores chasing new 5's for the Essential nodes in PvE is part of that, and having a feeder for a new 5* that makes it easier to acquire covers so someone can grab one for those Essential nodes and stop spending CP is probably something the devs don't want to do if they can help it.

Still doesn't explain why they haven't done Archangel or Gambit. Most of the Feeders came at a pace of about one a month, either one of them could have been squeezed into February without issue (then the other in March, then you'd be ready to run Strange/Banner alongside Endgame celebrations, maintaining the pace of feeders up until that point). And at SOME point I could see them establishing a regular rate at which new 5's get feeders. 5* release store, two weeks, character rotates into Latest, maybe add a feeder 2-4 weeks after they leave Latest stores? That kind of predictable update (like 4*s joining tokens at the start of the season) would be nice.

But getting any confirmation before it happens isn't likely to happen.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't hold your breath on any Dark phoenix promotion or tie-ins.
  • shobi6669
    shobi6669 Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Does anyone think that they will build to the point where each classic 5 has a feeder and then start in giving them a second one?  I have been sort of hoping that if the release schedule holds true, there should always be enough 4 stars that each 5star could end up having more than one feeder in the end.  Probably just wishful thinking, but it was the feeders that drove me to enter the 5star level of play (due to all the feeders that came out prior to saved covers) and multiple feeders may cause a similar influx of players at the 5star level.