R173 Release Notes (3/5/19)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin

Hi Everyone,

Here are the Release notes for the R173 update!

MPQ 173

• Soar with Captain Marvel in Marvel Puzzle Quest, and keep an eye out for Talos coming soon!

What's Changed:

• A brand new Cosmic Chaos Event featuring Captain Marvel starts on March 7.
  • Check-in often for special offers, rewards, and Captain Marvel content.

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, brand new event, less than two days until it starts, and we still know nothing about it.

Could you guys at least try to have an adequate flow of information? Like a competent game developer? This has been going on for years, and it's frustrating and exhausting. And when something worth communicating to an alliance comes up, it just screws over anyone with an international alliance, where spreading information takes time because of when people are available to check the game.

I want to be excited about a new event, but instead I'm frustrated (once again) about the sheer inability to communicate anything in a timely manner.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    JHawkInc said:
    So, brand new event, less than two days until it starts, and we still know nothing about it.
    -snip-
    Cosmic Chaos is just like any other story event, except with Captain Marvel as the theme. There are no new mechanics or features introduced in this event.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Is it full of Sentrybots and Dark Avengers? Boy, I hope so!
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    JHawkInc said:
    -snip-
    Cosmic Chaos is just like any other story event, except with Captain Marvel as the theme. There are no new mechanics or features introduced in this event.
    It would be nice if clearer wording was used, such as:
    ”New event theme” - Same old content with new coat of paint (most frequent)
    ”New event type” or “New event mechanic” - For stuff that is actually new or unique. 
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    If the new event has the same point structure, number of nodes, number of clears and enemies as other PVE events, THEN IT ISN'T NEW. A new skin/theme for existing PVE events is not good enough. It's better than meeting Rocket & Groot for the 1000th time, but only slightly better. I was hoping for some new enemies, new node format, maybe some boss nodes mixed in, or maybe a point structure that didn't require 4 clears to start a timer. 

I was actually hoping for a new alliance event, but that ship has sailed. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    NotBAMF said:
    Is it full of Sentrybots and Dark Avengers? Boy, I hope so!
    Please use /sarcasm/ on posts like this. We don’t need such an event created with “overwhelming player feedback”.
  • Bruinsfan17
    Bruinsfan17 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Brigby said:
    JHawkInc said:
    -snip-
    Jeez people, be happy with the new content instead of immediately angry. This is a good thing.
    But it's not new content. It's just putting a fresh coat of paint on your old beat up, piece of **** car. Looks new but everything inside is still the same.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    be cool to have a new mob
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jeez people, be happy with the new content instead of immediately angry. This is a good thing.
    So if Talos comes out and he's literally the exact same character as Namor that would be cool?
  • zodiac339
    So if Talos comes out and he's literally the exact same character as Namor that would be cool?
    You mean in bikini bottoms? Sure. Actually, why didn’t they release 5* Carol in bikini bottoms? Can we get a costume? Can that be Iron Man (Endgame)’s design? (No, that’s not spoiler info. What other 5* would you expect though?) Hawkeye (Ronin) will have to have that hardcore hoodie outfit, but Hawkguy could have No Good News updated with bikini bottoms. Come on Demiurge, make it happen; MPQ bikini edition.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    Don’t knock it until you see it. Just because there are no new features doesn’t mean that the existing ones can’t be assembled in a new and interesting way. 
    The storyline will involve skrulls so there is certain to be a fresh mix of opponents. If we are really lucky it will have some of the best features from other events; “Enemy of the State” style wave nodes to reward lots of tokens, mini boss nodes like “Wakanda”, etc.
  • zodiac339
    Ptahhotep said:
    Don’t knock it until you see it. Just because there are no new features doesn’t mean that the existing ones can’t be assembled in a new and interesting way. 
    The storyline will involve skrulls so there is certain to be a fresh mix of opponents. If we are really lucky it will have some of the best features from other events; “Enemy of the State” style wave nodes to reward lots of tokens, mini boss nodes like “Wakanda”, etc.
    Yeah, what with skrulls, enemy teams can be more like Simulator, like with Thick as Thieves sub 1 with a Skrull disguised as Iron Man.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looking forward to new story dialogues and new goon(s)(?).

I think the lack of new mechanics or new gameplay are probably due to players' constant complainings about previous new events. As such, their ability to implement new contents has been severely limited. Think Heroics, Fight for Wakanda, Places of Powers etc. 

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m excited for any new content or story arcs.

But would someone please screenshot them and post them since I’m going to be forced to skip past all of it?
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    If we get new artwork/dialogue/story/fight descriptions I'll be happy (new enemy types would be a bonus). I never play for placement in story mode (the 4 star cover in progression is good enough for me), so I'm looking forward to seeing what manner of shenanigans 5Carol gets up to in the new event.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    jeez people, what kind of silliness is this?  three posts.  Three!  One of which had *zero* anger about the "new content," but instead focused on a very common complaint that we usually get information so late.  The third really just clarified on the first, if they had just put that info in the initial post, the first post looking for info would not have even happened.  that leaves us with the third, which was basically sarcasm about the fact that the "new" content was really just more of the same.  

none of that was angry to me.  i'm more angry that you thought that they were angry

We can appreciate and be happy about new stuff, while also addressing issues that we are unhappy about.  it's called nuance
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Wonko33 said:
    be cool to have a new mob
    Surely, if there was a time for Skrulls, it's now.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    PuceMoose said:
    If we get new artwork/dialogue/story/fight descriptions I'll be happy (new enemy types would be a bonus). I never play for placement in story mode (the 4 star cover in progression is good enough for me), so I'm looking forward to seeing what manner of shenanigans 5Carol gets up to in the new event.
    Maybe the story will feature Skrulls pretending to be Ultron Sentries and Dark Avengers?