Day 2000

PiMacleod
PiMacleod Posts: 1,770 Chairperson of the Boards
I'm on day 1955 as of February 28th.

It's been a long time.  I remember when day 1000 came along.  There were a good amount of rewards, and I think it either coincidentally fell on a celebratory event, or the event was held because of it.  Either way, now I'm wondering...

What's gonna happen for day 2000?  I've got 45 days until I find out in real time.

...i hope it's something substantial.  Cant help but think that if you have players that have logged on and played that many days, you probably wanna throw them something cool.

Comments

• First21
    First21 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    They should give you 10000 hp or 1000 cp or 1000000 iso for playing on day 2000 but they won’t intsead they will probably gave you 100 hp or 1LL token or a five star cover
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, the day 1000 reward is a BSSM blue cover, which is quite nice.  But the 5's are paced for basically every 90 days, if I'm not mistaken.  And the "big events" are all based on multiples of 365.

On day 1900 you got a 5HE blue....around 1990 you'll get whoever is next, no one has gotten that far yet.  Probably a champ level (for someone playing for 5 years) on some old 5 you barely use.

The 5 year mark/1825 days saw you get:

1824 - Devil Dinosaur (Gigantic Reptile) Purple
    1825 - 25 CP
    1826 - Devil Dinosaur (Gigantic Reptile) Red
    1827 - Task Master (Tony Masters) Red
    1828 - Devil Dinosaur (Gigantic Reptile) Green
    1829 - 5,000 ISO
    1832 - Spider-Man (Peter Parker) Blue

My guess is day 2000 will just be a normal day.  Maybe you'll get an LT or 25 CP but it looks like the 25CP are every 30 days and the next ones you'll see are Days 1955, 1985, and 2015.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the devs are veerrrry predictable.

If you're wondering, 6 years is 2,190 days.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:

On day 1900 you got a 5HE blue....around 1990 you'll get whoever is next, no one has gotten that far yet.  Probably a champ level (for someone playing for 5 years) on some old 5 you barely use.
    Star-Lord I guess?
  • PiMacleod
    Predictability is nice and all.... but doesnt anyone like surprises anymore?

I feel like I'm the only optimist on the internet.  :/
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    I hope you're right.  I hope the devs look at this thread and think "let's do something cool".

But wasn't there a period when they were just repeating the rewards about 5 months ago (like the very first rewards you get), where it looked like they just had some schedule running that suddenly they realized they needed to do something with?  Maybe they were surprised the game was still going... And there was no comment from the devs (as usual), it just finally got updated.

Playing the same events for 4 years makes me believe the devs will remain as predictable as the sun rising in the east.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    standard ... uh I mean elite token 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    n25philly said:
    standard ... uh I mean elite token 
    Or a Bagman cover.
  • Kojubat
    Kojubat Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    bluewolf said:
    I hope you're right.  I hope the devs look at this thread and think "let's do something cool".

But wasn't there a period when they were just repeating the rewards about 5 months ago (like the very first rewards you get), where it looked like they just had some schedule running that suddenly they realized they needed to do something with?  Maybe they were surprised the game was still going... And there was no comment from the devs (as usual), it just finally got updated.
    I'm on day 1953, so I share Pi's hopes for something neat. But I'm being a realist about the three health packs I'll get instead.

But yes, day 1750 was "supposed to be" Yondu, but instead we got Wolverine. The next three followed the release pattern of Invisible Woman, Nick Fury and Thor. Yondu finally showed up on day 1840, after the anniversary characters were inserted.

It was mentioned in the resupply thread that there was something amiss when Wolverine first reappeared. Then when they announced the changes to the random rewards, it was brought up again. Both times tagging and going unanswered. It didn't get resolved until something else was being done to the static reward table for the anniversary.

I take that as emblematic of how raising issues on the forums impact basic game functionality.
  • PiMacleod
    Just figured I'd follow up...  day 1990.

10 days left.

Just got a 5* Starlord (yellow)...  the previews show up to 1998, and throughout those 8 days, it shows some HP and a couple heroic tokens.  

I know I'm about to be disappointed but I cant help but be anxious to see what 2000 brings.  ...and no, I'm not masochistic.  :)
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I really hope the devs do something good for 2000 days. It would be a real wasted opportunity to let it pass unmarked. 

I would be be happy to chip in some ISO and HP to a pot to give you, and others hitting the milestone, something better than the usual daily reward. Sharing was always a nice idea but i can’t imagine it ever happening. 
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Unfortunately, you'll probably be disappointed.  I hope I'm wrong, but the next milestone in the daily rewards will be around day 2190 (the next anniversary date).
  • FesterTester
    FesterTester Posts: 51 Match Maker
    When you reach day 2000, all purple tiles in your matches will instead be pink.
    They'll still be called purple in the interface though.

• Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor

I didn't have to wait until day 2000 for this to happen. I have been calling them pink tiles since day 1.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    This takes me back. Pages and pages of rancourous comment on whether it was purple or pink. Good times!
  • Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Day 2000 to introduce 6* Judge Dredd
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    Or 6* Stan Lee
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    maybe when you get to 2099 they'll give you spidey 2099...
  • dragonreader
    dragonreader Posts: 89 Match Maker
    PiMacleod said:
    Just figured I'd follow up...  day 1990.

10 days left.

Just got a 5* Starlord (yellow)...  the previews show up to 1998, and throughout those 8 days, it shows some HP and a couple heroic tokens.  

I know I'm about to be disappointed but I cant help but be anxious to see what 2000 brings.  ...and no, I'm not masochistic.  :)
    Do you use Gamependium?  In mine I can see the next 100 covers I will receive through the resupplies (along with the date and in game day). 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shintok17 said:

I didn't have to wait until day 2000 for this to happen. I have been calling them pink tiles since day 1.
    You've been wrong, then. Because Pink Tiles  exist, and they are not the same as the Purple Tiles  that are actually in the game.