meet rocket and groot... for the 800th time.

Options
2»

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I would like it if they made all the PvE events a choice between regular (as it is now) and Heroic (limited characters, essentially the boost list).

The difference would be:
    Regular - As it is now, 4 clears followed by the timer, 6 total to get all rewards. Enemies ramp up after each clear till the 4th  yada yada yada.
    Heroic - 1st clear (gives all 4 rewards that 4 clears of regular gives) followed by the timer, 2nd clear to get remaining 2 rewards. Enemies in each node are at max level+30 for that SCL since you are only clearing twice.

Then players could run their gritty/thorkoye etc in regular as they do now or opt for fewer clears in heroic against higher level enemies using limited characters. You'd have to figure out which you can clear faster (regular or heroic) for those interested in top placement rewards.

KGB
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I liked heroics and I liked wakanda, because they brought a different dynamic. They were harder, but they were interesting and I had to pay attention.
    I'm the guy that does survival style pvp to use more of my roster when I have extra time, and likes fighting gritty because there's a chance I can actually lose a match.  I played scl9 with a 4* roster for months. 
    And yes, I know I'm way in the minority here,  but Iike challenges, and I like go actually play the game vs having to grind to death (which I of course do plenty of).
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I am someone who doesn’t use a specific team to power through pve; I just pick a team from whoever is boosted. Heroics, therefore, don’t play any differently to normal events for me so I would welcome their return to add variety.
     I liked the Wakanda event. The environment tiles didn’t bother me that much. I would like to see the final sub have a boss node like the other three though.
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This is the first I heard of Sinister 600 being shelved for good...?
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just read it as "Meat Rocket and Groot" and honestly that helps.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just read it as "Meat Rocket and Groot" and honestly that helps.
    sounds like a well balanced meal 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Having finished this event, I am sort of wondering why people complain about it.  (Maybe complain it too strong of a word.)  Maybe it's just the name "Meet Rocket and Groot" which naturally leads to jokes?  I agree it's funny to be "meeting" them yet again.  The occasional 48 hour sub taking some rewards away with the grind?  There are plenty of events with 48 hour nodes and people just play them without much comment.

It's not very hard, pretty easy, really.  There are plenty of other events which have been run just as much (I think) but maybe just stand out less thanks to being much more generic (what's going on in Unstable iso 8?  Or Thick as Thieves?) and people just clear them without putting any thought into it at all.

MRG is the clear winner for teamup nodes thanks to 2 of them requiring 4RG and the strike tiles making short work of them.  I don't have any issue with them running it, to be honest.  It's far better in my book than, say, Enemy of the State with 7 days, 6 subs, and 5 of them full of waves and waiting for all the banners and attack tile animations and sloooow clears.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The event isn't difficult, its just run a hell of a lot. Far too often compared to other events. Its probably the only event where I know for definite which sub is the 2 day one because of how many times I've played it. Its boring more than anything. 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Having finished this event, I am sort of wondering why people complain about it.  (Maybe complain it too strong of a word.)  Maybe it's just the name "Meet Rocket and Groot" which naturally leads to jokes?  I agree it's funny to be "meeting" them yet again.  The occasional 48 hour sub taking some rewards away with the grind?  There are plenty of events with 48 hour nodes and people just play them without much comment.

It's not very hard, pretty easy, really.  There are plenty of other events which have been run just as much (I think) but maybe just stand out less thanks to being much more generic (what's going on in Unstable iso 8?  Or Thick as Thieves?) and people just clear them without putting any thought into it at all.

MRG is the clear winner for teamup nodes thanks to 2 of them requiring 4RG and the strike tiles making short work of them.  I don't have any issue with them running it, to be honest.  It's far better in my book than, say, Enemy of the State with 7 days, 6 subs, and 5 of them full of waves and waiting for all the banners and attack tile animations and sloooow clears.
    And I love enemy of the state because of the wave nodes. I earn more event tokens because of it.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think MRG has simply become the overall "blanket term" for all 3/4 day pve events that rotate endlessly without change or much difference. I think when people complain about meeting them for the 800th time they also mean the 800 times everything else was run too, like thick as thieves etc. Its like MRG is the start of these rotations, so every time it comes around people moan, but more about the unchanging aspect of things rather then this one event itself. (I could be wrong of course but this is my impression.)

For myself i actually prefer this, like a 1000 times over the hunt. This is chock full of goons (yay boosted dr strange!) and doom+mystique is a breath of fresh air after the endless variations on the DAs+Fisk. If that fat bastard never pokes me in the screen again, it'll still be too soon, and i would be happy to strangle moonstone with my own two hands if i could. 

Meeting R&G again is not the problem. The lack of new goons, new story lines, new events is.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The event isn't difficult, its just run a hell of a lot. Far too often compared to other events. Its probably the only event where I know for definite which sub is the 2 day one because of how many times I've played it. Its boring more than anything. 

Maybe that is because this event doesn't have Dark Avengers ad nauseam, so it stands out from the crowd a bit? I mean the practical difference between Unstable ISO/The Hunt/Thick as Thieves isn't that big.

There's probably a list somewhere about how often the different events run. I would be surprised if it turned out Meet Rocket and Groot runs more than any other 3/4 day event.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The events follow a pretty strict rotation, and they don’t favor any particular event strongly. So you’ve probably played the Hunt just as much as MRG. That said, the 3-4 sub variants are pretty much treated as separate events so they get run a bit more often.  And the schedule also means that if an event is set up to always be a certain length, it has to fit into the schedule around other events. So you can more easily run an event that is 3 or 4 days (like MRG) after a set length event (like a boss or Simulator) sometimes. 
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    All the events run together.  Because of placement rewards, I can't tell you the story line of any event released in the last few years.  I've never stopped to read the cut scenes of Meet R&G, Welcome to Wakanda, Whatever the Star-lord event is called, the Dr. Strange event, The The Howard the Duck event, etc...  The only one's I've read are the ones that are "One-shots" like the Ant-man event or the Totally Awesome Hulk event.

I feel awful for whoever the story-board/writer is at Demi-Urge/D3.  They have the worst "work-done to player-enjoyed" ratio in the company because of the horrible, horrible, no-good, idiotic way that awards are determined.  I'd love for one of them to put a secret easter-egg in one of the cut-scene dialogs that says something like "Click here for 100 free HP.  This button will remain active until it shows up in guild chat, the forums, reddit, or other place on the internet." to reward the player that actually read the story line.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moving to suggestions

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:

Maybe that is because this event doesn't have Dark Avengers ad nauseam, so it stands out from the crowd a bit? I mean the practical difference between Unstable ISO/The Hunt/Thick as Thieves isn't that big.

There's probably a list somewhere about how often the different events run. I would be surprised if it turned out Meet Rocket and Groot runs more than any other 3/4 day event.

I dont know. I despise The Hunt, so always remember when thats run. I dont despise MR&G but still feel like it comes round far too quick.