meet rocket and groot... for the 800th time.

Options
jredd
jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
can we maybe do something else here. bring back the heroics. make a new event. something. anything. we've met rocket and groot already

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby mentioned that there will be a new Captain Marvel Event.

Be patient?
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    R&G is my easiest event and the 4 day version is even more welcome on the weekend. Give me more R&G!
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rocket and Groot, meet the Forgetful Four.  What’s that?  You’ve already met?  Man, this is so embarrassing. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,628 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe we could meet Drax & Gamora instead?
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,711 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Don't see an issue really, all these blur into one never ending 6 clears per day for me, 365 days per year (except time off for good behaviour, they call them boss events). I don't much care what they are called the game play is all the same. Sometimes I use Thor okoye and sometimes I use Kitty and grocket.

Either way I barely get scratched and it's done in 25 minutes.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd rather Meet Rocket and Groot than Hunt with a half-dozen extraneous Dark Avengers nodes needed to unlock the trivials.
    I agree. The great thing about meeting Rocket & Groot is the linear path the nodes take in each sub, all connected by an easy to follow line. It makes doing optimal clears, where you have to jump around a bit between nodes, much easier to do.

Coming off The Hunt: Florida makes me truly appreciate this. What an impossible mess that sub is.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    I'd rather Meet Rocket and Groot than Hunt with a half-dozen extraneous Dark Avengers nodes needed to unlock the trivials.
    I agree. The great thing about meeting Rocket & Groot is the linear path the nodes take in each sub, all connected by an easy to follow line. It makes doing optimal clears, where you have to jump around a bit between nodes, much easier to do.

Coming off The Hunt: Florida makes me truly appreciate this. What an impossible mess that sub is.
    I remember back before the 3 trivial/3 hard/4 required rule you used to have to grind down every single one of those nodes before the end *shudder
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The second sub of Meet Rocket & Groot has a bunch of one-clear nodes at the start of it too.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2019
    Options
    The problem with any new event is that it will become old hat very quickly. Something about replaying every node 4-6 times makes the novelty of a new event wear out...
    And I hope they never bring back heroics.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Straycat said:
    I'm gonna let my honesty show here....

As much as I want there to be a purpose and reason to use my roster I spent all that HP on, I've been spoiled by Gritty.

So, if a heroic popped up, I'd be excited for a bit.... then my high would wear off as I realize that I cant just waltz through because Gritty wouldnt be available.

I want it... but my QoL doesnt.  
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    PiMacleod said:
    Straycat said:
    I'm gonna let my honesty show here....

As much as I want there to be a purpose and reason to use my roster I spent all that HP on, I've been spoiled by Gritty.

So, if a heroic popped up, I'd be excited for a bit.... then my high would wear off as I realize that I cant just waltz through because Gritty wouldnt be available.

I want it... but my QoL doesnt.  
    That's pretty easily fixable by them just making Heroics require fewer clears. I'd happily accept fights that take twice as long if they halve the number of battles necessary to start the countdown timers or grind them to nothing at the end. Or just make it an either/or choice at the start of the event - have a normal version and a Heroic version, and let people choose which one they want to participate in.
  • Dormammu
    Options
    The novelty of Heroics were limited rosters, which a majority of players disliked. Running them without the limited rosters makes them nothing more than a slog of nodes full of Dark Avengers and no different than The Hunt.

So I fail to see the upside to the return of Heroic events in either form. They'd either be annoying a large portion of the players by running them with limited rosters,  and/or simply adding a ton more Daken, Rags, Ares, Bullseye, and Moonstone into the PvE rotations, which we'd all complain about.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    PiMacleod said:
    Straycat said:

Just use your roster. You can get your fix then switch back to your fastest team and be glad they didn't reinstate heroics.
    Prof X is one of my favorite characters to play, and he's boosted so I used him just now. It was Prof X, Hawkguy (also my fave, and also boosted) and 4* Wasp. The idea was to have Hawkguy spam his cheap blue, prof x makes and buffs protect tiles since he tanks almost all colors, and Wasp swaps the protects to strikes. 20 something turns later I end with 17683 strike and 7282 protect strength. I had fun for a bit, but I have 7 more nodes I haven't touched yet, so its back to Thor.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    The novelty of Heroics were limited rosters, which a majority of players disliked. Running them without the limited rosters makes them nothing more than a slog of nodes full of Dark Avengers and no different than The Hunt.

So I fail to see the upside to the return of Heroic events in either form. They'd either be annoying a large portion of the players by running them with limited rosters,  and/or simply adding a ton more Daken, Rags, Ares, Bullseye, and Moonstone into the PvE rotations, which we'd all complain about.
    What they need is a toggle at the beginning of a PVE for HEROIC MODE.

Heroic mode would give large increases in progression rewards and limit your rosters to 4* and below.  Sound interesting?
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby mentioned that there will be a new Captain Marvel Event.

Be patient?
    He said fresh content, not pve.  My guess is that they will run a bunch of related pvp and the new content will be a very expensive bundle for purchase.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    And we're going to keep meeting them until we get it right
  • Dormammu
    Options
    pheregas said:
    Dormammu said:

What they need is a toggle at the beginning of a PVE for HEROIC MODE.

Heroic mode would give large increases in progression rewards and limit your rosters to 4* and below.  Sound interesting?
    No. I rostered and champed 5-stars for several reasons. One of those reasons was to make PvE take less time.

Also, why should a 4-star player be able to get increased progression rewards at no penalty, while to do the same thing I'd have to take my best characters out of play?