**** Magik (Classic) ****

124»

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just played her SHIELD Training. The match was over pretty quickly. Her passive doesn't have animation at all. I had a difficult time prolonging the match because I wanted to see her animations. I guess that's why R4G passive strike was set at 3 instead of 5 covers.

I like her repeater tile. Got to team her up with someone who can protect her repeater. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm excited for her to get champed, but not so excited I can afford to move my BH from Chavez to chase her.

If I were still viably able to run an all-4* team anywhere, I'd use her with TA Hulk/Domino. That way you have Domino dropping in black from the sky, Magick adding red to the board, TA Hulk adding green to the board, and Domino burning through both colors to keep the cascades going until she can hit that black nuke. 

As it is, any permutation of that team with my single 5* champ (GR:RR) in the middle should be pretty fun if one of the 4*s is boosted.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kinda surprised I haven't seen any moanings about Doom being essential for Magik's release. Slight rough deal since he's so new.  
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kinda surprised I haven't seen any moanings about Doom being essential for Magik's release. Slight rough deal since he's so new.  
    I was lucky enough to get Doom on my first pull after Kitty left, so I'm hoping to have a slight advantage for PVE placement to get those Magik covers.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    SCL 9 has been rough with a 0/2/0 GE Doom. I went with 9 since landing in the t200 is a little less stressful than trying to t100 7 or 8. You don't have to do your final clears as optimally if you're only after the 1 cover
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    SCL 9 has been rough with a 0/2/0 GE Doom. I went with 9 since landing in the t200 is a little less stressful than trying to t100 7 or 8. You don't have to do your final clears as optimally if you're only after the 1 cover
    Not much better with a 1/2/0 Doom, although his health is slightly better... Had to resort to Vulture in that countdown tile heavy board this morning.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Thought about it since my 460 Cable or 450 Kingpin would both outplay my 1/0/0 Doom, but figured most players would be at the same disadvantage so placement still evens out.
    Besides, just having 1 cover and being able to do the 5e puts me ahead of anyone with no Doom at all yet.
  • ThaRoadWarrior

Not much better with a 1/2/0 Doom, although his health is slightly better... Had to resort to Vulture in that countdown tile heavy board this morning.
    I broke out Gho5t Rider (lvl 452)/riri (lvl 209 - very high on my list of places to spend iso someday), and did some red charge tile+critical match damage, which was pretty extensive. Not sure how clears 4&5 will go though...
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    Kahmon said:
    Thought about it since my 460 Cable or 450 Kingpin would both outplay my 1/0/0 Doom, but figured most players would be at the same disadvantage so placement still evens out.
    Besides, just having 1 cover and being able to do the 5e puts me ahead of anyone with no Doom at all yet.
    I mean more in the sense that a lot of people probably haven't got lucky with a Doom cover yet. If RNG is bad for you, you wont be getting any Magik covers from placement, which then affects how well you do in the following event too. Of course theres Shield Training, but then you might not have Bishop covered high enough to get that cover either. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    My one cover yellow concurs and I did the same. The worst one was when somehow GE Doom was left as last man standing and he was sort of "Well Ok, now what do I do? I have all this yellow but everybody is a bit dead". It wasn't a big problem though as Kingpin killed him 2 turns later.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards

I broke out Gho5t Rider (lvl 452)/riri (lvl 209 - very high on my list of places to spend iso someday), and did some red charge tile+critical match damage, which was pretty extensive. Not sure how clears 4&5 will go though...
    Riri and Bishop are a joy to run together - Bish makes blue which I tend to use for Riri to get red and hit the two back characters whilst gathering greens send the tile mover airbourne .collect more Ap and you normally have a big red nuke left or can fall back on Bish's stun. Lovely Jubley!
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kahmon said:
    I mean more in the sense that a lot of people probably haven't got lucky with a Doom cover yet. If RNG is bad for you, you wont be getting any Magik covers from placement, which then affects how well you do in the following event too. Of course theres Shield Training, but then you might not have Bishop covered high enough to get that cover either. 
    I don’t have doom and will get a cover from placement like I do if I did have. It’s been about 18 months since not having an essential meant I would miss out. It’s still rough at the top but t50 is much much easier than it used to be. Same for alliance scoring. 
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2019
    Using 1/1/1 version of her in her PvP event, and seems like her blue is the only power that is amazing even at one cover. If you bring a team that can fire power rapidly like Gwen or Vulture, then your opponent match damage will be reduced to 1 in no time. It's also interesting that it improve the tile that is fortified, so matching the already fortified special tile giving it a chance of being buffed again.

Currently having fun teaming her up with 4* Cyclop and Coulson. Cyclops and Coulson can feed into each other nicely and you have many choices for board control. It isn't difficult to just keep using Cyclop's blue and red, creating CD tiles and protect tiles all over the places. 

Also since her purple is a passive, you can stun her before destroying her purple repeater tile to stop it from creating strike tiles.