I should buy okoye black for 250, right?

Options
2»

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    Options
    @Straycat

You buy the black and don't look back.  I'd go full bore and champ.  Or wait til you pull your next hoard and BH her.  I guess it all depends on how bad you want her.
    I think that's what I would do. Buy the black.  If you have a hoard you plan to bust anytime soon, I would BH her since you'd have a 2/3 chance of champing w/o waste.
    This makes sense.  There is basically no reason to pass on the HfH black.  Other than feeder covers (which will take you more than year given your 282 shuri), there is no cheaper way to get a particular color cover. 

And then you can weigh the 3:1 swap against the value of champing okoye now.  One extra consideration for okoye in particular is that her kit really shines when she tanks, both because you can hold on to you tu ap, and because she has a strong healing power. So those 3 champ levels are much better for her than for some other 5*s.

I have used my 420 1/5/5 okoye with Thor to great effect.  I had to use a support to make her tank yellow, but it was manageable.  And now at level 435 2/5/5 she tanks yellow naturally and I can use a rank 3 rtf with her.

Definitely slower than she would be champed, but i can still add 10-15k damage pretty easily. It's more than enough to power through all 5* essential nodes without trouble, and the slowness doesn't bother me too much as i don't play for placement.

Maybe try her at 435 for a bit and then do the swap if you find it annoying to have her underpowered (or if you open a hoard and have no luck from bh)?
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Actually, I forgot about the Fav Legends store.  Anyone considering buying a black should at least consider just pulling from there depending on your situation.
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    Actually, I forgot about the Fav Legends store.  Anyone considering buying a black should at least consider just pulling from there depending on your situation.
    I did the math in the other thread.  It's about 1560cp in the favorites store before the expected okoye black covers exceeds 1.  So if you desperately need black (like it did with a 1/5/5 okoye) the direct purchase is still better. 

For straycat, i think it ends up being the same outcome.  Stay needs 2 okoye covers, but they can be either black or red. So he would have to spend about 780cp for each cover, leading to the same expected 1560cp expenditure to get a champed okoye. 

I thought stray had said earlier that she/he had less than 250 CP on hand, suggesting that the direct buy is still the safer bet.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm curious to hear from folks who were considering buying Okoye for 250 CP, and if the Favorite Legends vault (with Thor, Kitty, & Okoye) has made them reconsider.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's a gamble because you could get the Black Okoye in the first 10 pulls (being lucky), or it could be after 50 pulls (being unlucky).  The average odds (50%) are 30 pulls, which is 750 CP.  So, buying HFH for 250 CP is the best choice as it's almost the same as getting lucky in the first 10 pulls. 
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I went ahead and champed her. I just happened to start hoarding in time for this offer. I think I'll spend any extra cp on the favorites store then go back to hoarding until Kingpin leaves.  I didn't realize how her passive scales with levels, I probably could have sat on a 435 Okoye and done well enough. But I like having her champed
  • Vhailorx
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    I'm curious to hear from folks who were considering buying Okoye for 250 CP, and if the Favorite Legends vault (with Thor, Kitty, & Okoye) has made them reconsider.
    You can see my opinion both here and in the favorites store thread.

I still went with the direct purchase because I absolutely needed a black cover (my okoye was 1/5/5).  The marginal value of a guaranteed black was a lot higher than what I would likely get from 10 random pulls. 

But now that my okoye is 2/5/5 and my shuri is 271, I would not direct buy a second black cover even if it were possible to do so.  Better to set shuri as BH, draw from favorites and hope for the best.  (Although, I am actually leaning heavily in favor of saving everything for marvel or beyond because I will never champ my 1/3/2 kitty via the favorites store, and don't want too many Thor champ levels to make him outstrip my okoye.)
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    Straycat said:
    I went ahead and champed her. I just happened to start hoarding in time for this offer. I think I'll spend any extra cp on the favorites store then go back to hoarding until Kingpin leaves.  I didn't realize how her passive scales with levels, I probably could have sat on a 435 Okoye and done well enough. But I like having her champed
     Being forced to choose between a level 454 okoye at some future time and a 451 okoye right now is a classy problem to have!

I think you will be just fine stray.  :)