A Mess or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Quit the Game

Options
Guess that's it. That's my limit.

Like I said somewhere before, when at work I made a list of stuff which puts me off this game. Nothing new for most of You, so feel free to skip that part:

1. No announcements, lack of communication, stealth patches.
We are forum members. We know a lot more than 80% of the people playing MPQ. Yet why do I constantly feel like a newbiel?
When the Devs implement new patch and provide us with details, they tend to omit most of the nerf changes (boost price, alliance daily reward decrease), instead telling us that for example they changed the visual for crit tile. As it's much more important for us... icon_rolleyes.gif

2. MMR, brackets, scaling.
Skip tax - awesome, I can skip same 5 people all over again...
Current change to brackets, ridiculous scaling in PvE - this game is far from fun match-3 game.

3. Latest server hiccups

Just at the end of Season 1. Making a lot of people's 1 month work pretty useless. And what the Devs do? Instead of making Heavy Metal tourney last longer, so that everyone could catch up, they extend Season 1 for another 3 days.

4. Shield lag
It's really low to put on a shield only to lose points a couple of mins ago. There is no word about it in the shield' description.

5. Spider-Man
It took them 4 months to nerf a character which was OP both in PvP and PvE and made this game broken. 4 months. To change some digits. Devs in Marvel Heroes MMORPG, a much bigger game, were able to completely redesign heroes, including all the animations, in a little over a month.
And when they did change Spidey, they made him one of the most useless chars. Literally gold bagman.

6. Hardcore game
You need to keep on grinding in order to keep up. You need to play at certain hours in order to keep up.

7. Epilepsy
This problem was raised a thousand times, yet they really don't give a damn. All those flashes are really painful to the eyes. It makes the game near impossible to play with the lights off. Unless You're into headaches.
Not to mention that there is no clear epilepsy warning anywhere.

8. Forum spam
We, the moderators, suggested possible solutions:
- new user need to be accepted first before posting
- new captcha, as the bots easily omit current one
- new mods, who could clear the forums when none of us is around (EU morning time)
Nothing changed.

This are the points I find most important. The Devs keep on throwing logs under our legs (well, that's Polish idiom icon_e_biggrin.gif ) and they clearly care only about the revenue. We are nothing more than wallets.

Not to mention that we are every dev's wet dream. We are A COMMUNITY. A community over a match-3 game. And still, they barely listen to us. They barely care.

...And now for something completely different:

I would like to thank all my fellow scAvengers for all the hard work You put into our alliance. For all the PvE won. For #13 in the first alliance tourney. Keep up the good work.

Thanks to TU1, dlaw, HailMary and all at Django. Thanks for the invitation, when the scAvengers weren't even planned. Thanks for all the laughs. TU1, kutasie niemyty, dzięki za wszystko!

Thanks to everyone at X-Poles. Dzięki, że przyjęliście moje bido konto do swego grona. Dzięki za czat, za forum. Fajnie było pogadać sobie z Wami w naszym języku.

Thanks to S.H.I.E.L.D . For pushing the limits. For showing us that we can do better. For all the help in reaching 1100pts.

Thanks to all the forum members, it was fun.

I plan to play till the end of Season 1, then I'm off. Will lurk of forums for a bit longer though.

Cheers,
Emeryt

Comments

• daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I, for one, agree with you. And well, I hardly knew ya....but it wouldn't be the same around here without ya. Maybe a break from it all will do some good. I'm actually considering doing something similar.
  • Unknown
    Options
    When I leave (with games like these its always when, not if) i'll just stop posting one day...and nobody will even remember I was here lol. Err...ppl prob already feel that way ...now I am a little sad for myself...

#1 ....yea...this has been kinda a problem. Better than most, but moat is usually good enough for me to stay a few weeks until I start dealing with customer support.
    #2 I dont find an issue with this. Either I have the most amazing mmr ever or the issue is overblown (of I am too forgivin)
    #3 I think you have to.give them.some leeway...its the first time they did seasons.
    #4 other than reimbursement... It's an internet thing to some extent. I don't blame them.unless they refuse to comp you.
    #5 I don't know what to say. I can only speculate as to why it took so long other than what they said (that they were putting the buffs/nerfs on hold thinking where they wanted to go with it)
    #6 true. The bnb reason to leave a game like this
    #7 this alone should be enough to quit if you actually HAVE epilepsy.
    #8 I wouldn't know anything about that.

I'll toast your departure by eating some sauerkraut sometime in the next month or two.

One last request: explain the source of your idiom so we may cherrish your last words with a memory.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I am very sorry to see you reach this point, I wouldn't give up quite yet, they are trying to make things better, there have been constant improvements, some good, some bad.

Episode 4.5 is on the way...
  • Unknown
    Options
    One last request: explain the source of your idiom so we may cherrish your last words with a memory.
    As far as I understand, it's similar to Russian "to put sticks into wheels" and English "to put sand into wheels".

Emeryt, that's sad thing that you will go - I still remember your outrageous topic about seeing Patch even before he was anounced. I felt that you was tinykitting then, heh.
    Well, what can I say? We all feel burnout, I 'm too considering quiting since this whole mess without even one word from devs.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The lack of communication is my only real problem. It is just super **** up when a company has paying customers who can't get any kind of word when a service is functioning improperly.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Never really interacted with you Emeryt, but you always seemed like a level-headed guy who was both patient with the game and with forum goers. If you're leaving, what hope do the rest of us have?
  • GumisK
    GumisK Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It makes me sad seeing you leave. You've been a fantastic mate, even though only an online one. The community is obviously going to miss seasoned veterans such as yourself. I'm now almost sure I'll be joining you in the no-scaling, rubberbanding-free, MPQ-less reality. For more or less the same reasons. They've tinykittied up my favourite game in years.
  • Vohnkar
    Vohnkar Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It's a shame that after so many ideas from the comunity we've reached the point that veterans are starting to leave the game... I love the game but like you a feel quite disapointed and play less and less everyday. I'll stick a litle longer and have faith they react soon though.

Have fun with your new free time aquired ^^
  • Unknown
    Options
    Won't give up, but will defo spend less time on the game. Going into casual collect covers mode, spend little to no hp. You may see me perform like a point crazed mad man when the rewards are of worth but this last week has been extremely poor. I resulted to playing bejeweled again.

To the devs If something is broken don't release the content or pause until you fix it for everyone instead of allowing people to exploit/gain an advantage on others. Many players don't even know that the madness is going on so will continue to play as normal which makes matters even worse. I truly believe we have a player base who operate from Fair play and if they are told the issues in full they would attack people who can not access the game. Your communication has been shocking over the last few days and then to top it you think announcing a new PVE is acceptable when god knows how broken that will be.

Address your present problems before presenting further problems and letting them mount. Rant over I'll now go back into relaxed mode and wish everyone a good end to season 1. You won't see anymore posts like these on random threads.
  • Unknown
    Options
    You are so right Emeryt !

Specially these Epilepsy problem - would be cool if we could turn the animation off.

Sadly to see you going - have a good time icon_e_smile.gif

Fipsy
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have to confess that being a player of this game and a member of this forum sometimes has felt like a demonstration on how to drive away and alienate your playerbase day by day.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I think Emeryt's first point is the single biggest concern we have. IceIX's periodic posts on the forums are appreciated and welcomed when they happen, but the overall level of communications is tinykitty, especially in a crisis situation.

There are other problems that need to be fixed as well, but the extremely low priority d3 puts on communications/customer service is the worst by far.
  • Unknown
    Options
    We'll miss your help in tackling the kitchen and soccer spam. Best of luck and take care. Come back and check on us every so often. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    #6 is what kills me. The game forces you to play at certain times if you want the rewards the game has to offer (and who doesn't?).

Basically, the game controls you at that point. Not good, not casual.
  • Unknown
    Options
    My alliance has lost one of its most veteran members over this already, and may lose more yet. What's inexcusable to me is that the devs STILL haven't posted any kind of explanation or apology for their silence. Just the absolute bare minimum they could get away with posting to the forums, and that 36 hours late.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Might I suggest that the veterans take time off for 1 week and not post anything in the forum?

It may show how much impact this bunch of players have on helping newer players with the game.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bye dude.

Just because you mentioned Marvel Heroes. I've been playing it casually since 3 months or so and I really wish d3 would take an hint from these guys. Their community involvement is excellent. Very detailed posts about any change, in advance and with reasoning. Tons of events, giveaways and promos. I've thrown money at them, not because I needed to in order to keep up or win something, but because I thought they've earned it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    finwe wrote:
    Bye dude.

Just because you mentioned Marvel Heroes. I've been playing it casually since 3 months or so and I really wish d3 would take an hint from these guys. Their community involvement is excellent. Very detailed posts about any change, in advance and with reasoning. Tons of events, giveaways and promos. I've thrown money at them, not because I needed to in order to keep up or win something, but because I thought they've earned it.

MWOH went through a lot of growing pains as well. I played for well over a year and finally left (nearly a year ago) because of similar problems. I'm not sure how they are now but coming from a player that has played both games I can tell you 100% that puzzle quest offers far greater drop rates and a much easier path to leveling up (without having to spend a ton of money). MWOH became a game where each event you need mass amounts of power packs to compete. It was a huge drain on the wallet.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I was speaking about the PC hack and slash game. I'm not sure what you are talking about.
  • Unknown
    Options
    finwe wrote:
    I was speaking about the PC hack and slash game. I'm not sure what you are talking about.

When you said marvel heroes I thougth you meant Marvel War of Heroes.