R171 Release Notes (2/4/19)

Options

Comments

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jormagund said:
    Agreed that duels are fought with swords.
    Shatterstar dual wields dual bladed swords.
    Nuff said.
    I don't think Aaron Burr dueled with a sword......
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Options
    BP lost a duel that influenced Wakanda's future.
    Killmonger confirmed.
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Or
    The game is called Marvel puzzle quest and not Marvel super hero puzzle quest
    Star Wars is a Marvel property
    The force has a huge influence
    Vader and Luke fought DUELS on two different (Dual) space stations
    6* Death Star confirmed

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lopan15 said:
    Or
    6* Death Star confirmed

If you’re going there, Duel of the Fates is arguably the single best thing to come out of The Phantom Menace besides....Darth Maul confirmed. 
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lopan15 said:
    Or
    6* Death Star confirmed

Awwww......Death Stars are tight!
  • Bobdvol
    Bobdvol Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    If it was Dual Influance, I would guess Silver Surfer..Since it is Duel Influance, I'm guessing LEGION..New season just dropped on Hulu.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Do they normally mention the Latest Legendary store changing in these patch notes? I forget.

If they do...does that mean God Emperor Doom isn't entering on Monday, or did @Brigby forget?
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Bobdvol said:
     I'm guessing LEGION..New season just dropped on Hulu.
      Legion is actually a FXX series but it does look like the first two season are on Hulu.  I'm not sure if the season 3 premiere date has been announced as of yet.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Do they normally mention the Latest Legendary store changing in these patch notes? I forget.

If they do...does that mean God Emperor Doom isn't entering on Monday, or did @Brigby forget?
    No to the first question.....

Expect Kitty to move to Classics early Monday. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,628 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lopan15 said:
    Killmonger confirmed.
    Black Panther did come up multiple times when I googled the clue and added the word "Marvel" so this may well be right.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Lopan15 said:
    Killmonger confirmed.
    Black Panther did come up multiple times when I googled the clue and added the word "Marvel" so this may well be right.
    ...which would be very interesting, as the only BP tie-in I can think of right now is the awards season for film.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,628 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZootSax said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Lopan15 said:
    Killmonger confirmed.
    ...which would be very interesting, as the only BP tie-in I can think of right now is the awards season for film.
    Releasing a character based upon an Oscar nominated film probably isn't the worst advertising ever...
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How about Magik?  I think this works on all levels, duel for her soulsword, dual influences of both mutant ability and sorcery.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,915 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We’d have the last of the Phoenix 5 (albeit Colossus is only a 3*) but we could finally do an Avengers vs. X-Men alliance event! (Which would be pretty cool to see MPQ adopt). 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How about Magik?  I think this works on all levels, duel for her soulsword, dual influences of both mutant ability and sorcery.
    It would be nice to get her in game. New Mutants won’t be out for a while though. Anything big on the comics front that would support her in game?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    It would be nice to get her in game. New Mutants won’t be out for a while though. Anything big on the comics front that would support her in game?
    They don't really do tie-ins to Fox Marvel movies, so that's kinda irrelevant. They probably aren't going to release a character when the movie comes out, and they aren't likely to delay someone they have planned in order to tie in to the movie (kinda like how Cable and Domino came out just after Anniversary and not anywhere near Deadpool 2's release).

She did star/lead in a New Mutants comic last year, but I don't think there's anything new for her coming out. I would consider the comics to be better evidence for her inclusion than the upcoming film, but there isn't exactly a lot of evidence there in the first place, so who knows? Could just be next in the long line of "mutants not yet in MPQ". Starting with Gambit/Rogue/Nightcrawler in 2017 after a long absence of new X-Men characters, then we've picked up Archangel, Cable, Bishop, Domino, Kitty, Jubilee, Emma Frost, and Dazzler, got to get to people like Magik and Havok (or Forge or Banshee or villains like Sabertooth and Mr Sinister and so on) at some point, right?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Updated to Final Release Notes. No changes.
  • TriSentinel
    TriSentinel Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2019
    Options
    My guess is Ronan — he was in a duel (dance off) with Starlord in GotG and will be returning to the MCU in Captain Marvel, so he’s an influence in two (dual) movies.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 691 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The Rawhide Kid could be fun.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's got to be Bodega Bandit. He is Spider-Gwen's arch nemesis which covers the "duel" bit.  He's also presumably an alternate version of someone from the prime continuity if you read it as "dual".  And he is immune from the consequences of his actions due to the "influence" of his family.