What's your current beat-down equilibrium point in the season Sim?

PuceMoose
PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
I've noticed, over the last few seasons, that my equilibrium point seems to be dropping. By that I mean the rough point total I can settle at and not get constant attacks. In the past, that's usually been about 1600 points - below that, I'd usually get attacked only once or twice a day. With the last few seasons, however, I'm often getting crushed down to 1400 (1300 this season) before the attacks dry up - even though my go-to team hasn't changed (4Carol, 4Wasp, Mockingbird). Maybe these girls are old hat and nobody is even remotely scared of them anymore, but it's still a really fun team to play.

Have you noticed any changes in your sim equilibrium? Tonight I made the push to 2000, (2001 to be exact), so I'll be interested to see what my points are in the morning.

Also, I noticed it was noticeably scarcer pickings this season for hunting Rocket/Gamora/Medusa teams - Kitty is everywhere!
I was also surprised to see no Prowler teams - I guess he's still rather new, but I thought I'd see at least one or two. I did see quite a few low-champed Bishops. I still have yet to see a Jubilee in the sim - have you sighted one?

For added fun, if you remember, how does your main climbing and/or defensive team compare to the team you used a year ago? Two years ago? I remember using 3Punisher, 3Luke Cage, 3Spiderman for a long time until I made the transition to four-star land.

Comments

• BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Right around 1850 for a week or so now. But I do have the current annoyance of Kitty/Rocket/Bishop out there on defense.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jubilee is the most unmemorable 4-star that has been released. She fizzed like a firework. I don't remember seeing her too.

My floating point has improved now that I'm in 4-star land. I do see lots of Medusa/Carnage/RnG/Kitty/Gamora as well once I hit a certain point.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I climb slowly over the course of the season. Usually try to stay somewhere around the spot where 100 points per day for the rest of the season will get me to the top. I don't play every day tho, just hop up a couple hundred points every couple of days. I rarely get hit, and can usually find good targets up until 1500 or 1600 or so. Then I go up the last few hundred in one session. This is my first season in single 5* MMR, tho, so we'll see if that continues to hold.
    I'm currently leaving Kitty/Grocket/Medusa out, I think. Later on last season, I switched the third to Rogue, and I'll probably bring her (or maybe Bishop or Prowler, but they're both just barely champed) in once I start taking some hits.
    A year ago, I don't really recall, but I suspect it was something like Medusa/C4rol/Wasp, C4ge/Hobofist/Medusa, or Chavez/Vulture/Medusa. Two years ago, I don't think I was even really playing Sim very actively, since I was only a month or two into the game at that point. The first team I started doing well with was Falcon, along with an under-covered Wasp and Medusa. I stuck with them for a long time, I think until I got C4rol champed.
    And yes, there's a common theme in almost all of those teams. Medusa was the first 4* I ever pulled, and also my first 4* champ. So I still tend to call her up when I'm not sure who to bring, since she's always been reliable for me.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been floating at around 1700 points using the Bishop/Deadpool/Peggy team someone mentioned on the forums a while back.  They're definitely not my highest level characters, but it is a fun team to play and does quite well on defence.
    Usually my floating point is the point where people don't think it is worth attacking me any more.  With this team, it is the point at which the points gained from defensive wins cancel out any points lost from defensive losses.  And there has been a _lot_ of defensive wins with that team.  I'm not sure if it is just a case of people still learning how to counter Bishop, or if Bishop is just plain broken.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    jamesh said:
    I've been floating at around 1700 points using the Bishop/Deadpool/Peggy team someone mentioned on the forums a while back.  They're definitely not my highest level characters, but it is a fun team to play and does quite well on defence.
    Usually my floating point is the point where people don't think it is worth attacking me any more.  With this team, it is the point at which the points gained from defensive wins cancel out any points lost from defensive losses.  And there has been a _lot_ of defensive wins with that team.  I'm not sure if it is just a case of people still learning how to counter Bishop, or if Bishop is just plain broken.
    Is your Bishop champed?

I like the distinction expressed in the part I bolded above. Nicely said.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think mines around 1500 points. I usually always use Thanos, JJ & Rogue. I know Rogue puts off a lot of people from hitting me. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yepyep said:
    jamesh said:
    Is your Bishop champed?

Yes., at level 271.  This was teamed up with level 284 Peggy and 282 Deadpool.
    The main team I was using last season was level 303 Gamora, 303 Rocket&Groot, and 290 Medusa.  So I'm giving up 20 levels and seeing better results.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jubilee is the most unmemorable 4-star that has been released. She fizzed like a firework. I don't remember seeing her too.
    I haven't started this season's sim, but I've actually run Jubilee with 4Thor & IM40 in past seasons.  To the surprise of no one, that team doesn't float so well, but can do the job as long as there's two yellow matches to be found (or one with boosts).
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    I made the run to 2000 on Monday using 465 Thor, 452 Okoye and 457 JJ. I've since been beaten back down to 1527 points, with two losses coming last night. 

It is hard for points to truly settle as there are quite a few people who start the Sim later in the season. And for them I'll be an attractive 75 point target. 
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm running Gritty-Dusa on defense and float around 1700 - 1800 playing just a couple battles per day.

My Bishop is at 12 covers, so I want to try him out soon. 
  • Yepyep
    jamesh said:
    Yepyep said:
    jamesh said:
    Is your Bishop champed?

Yes., at level 271.  This was teamed up with level 284 Peggy and 282 Deadpool.
    The main team I was using last season was level 303 Gamora, 303 Rocket&Groot, and 290 Medusa.  So I'm giving up 20 levels and seeing better results.
    Thanks @jamesh. My Bishop is at 11 covers, despite lots of effort to grow him, so I’m not quite ready to deploy him. It’s ok, I don’t mind losing points in Sim (particularly once I get my top prize) as it makes for fatter opponents, which is fun. 
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    I'm thinking of running a 274 Bishop, 279 Peggy Carter and 209 Deadpool to see how that fares. My current climbing the ISO ladder to champion 4 star is Totally Awesome Hulk, since he has 10 saved covers at the moment, the highest of my level 209 crew. X-23 will be after him, and then possibly Invisible Woman. Deadpool X Force still needs one more cover for me, but I've BHed Jubilee just to get her enough covers to 209. She and Wiccan are my only non-new 4star characters below 209.
  • spidyjedi84
    I'm sitting at just under 1200 points at the moment, hacking a couple hundred points every few days. I've already champed Bishop, so I don't need his cover as much, but I'm still gunning for it if I can get it. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pretty much the same experience, TC. Used to be my float point was around the 1500 mark, but it's more like 1300 these days.

I don't mind, I don't shield for the event. I tend to go to about 500 early, then 1000 and then pick a day I'm not doing much and go from whatever score I'm on to 2000 in pretty much one go. Assuming I don't get horrendous wipes that drain my health packs.

After that I just leave the event alone until maybe the day before the season ends if I'm a little short on points. I don't mind people feeding off my points if they can, if it helps them climb to 2000.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hit 2001 the other day, I’m currently floating in the mid-1600s. I currently have 452 Gho5t Rider (my single champ 5*) flanked with lvl 300 Okoye and JJ on defense. I don’t know if that’s scarier looking than it is in practice or what, but if probably be above 1700 had I not been losing offensive matches messing around with it all afternoon lol
  • spidyjedi84
    Better offensive teams using Bishop and XForce Deadpool: Iceman or Yondu. Iceman uses Blue and Green and gives great rainbow cover, and that free blue Bishop's generating gives you stuns and a solid damage move. Yondu, since he's not on the front line, can do a lot of damage with Yaka Assault and then you have his black to spam strike tiles on the board. Peggy is nice for her defense, but that team took a few too many health packs for me. Still, I climbed 300 points in one hour with these trifectas and could punch a little out of my weight class with these trios.
  • Yepyep
    I don't mind, I don't shield for the event. I tend to go to about 500 early, then 1000 and then pick a day I'm not doing much and go from whatever score I'm on to 2000 in pretty much one go. Assuming I don't get horrendous wipes that drain my health packs.
    After that I just leave the event alone until maybe the day before the season ends if I'm a little short on points. I don't mind people feeding off my points if they can, if it helps them climb to 2000.
    Same, more  or less. I try to get in a win or two each day for the prizes, the fun, and to keep me a little closer in the season-score. But otherwise, it's good to give up a little love to maybe get some myself down the line...
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    1850 with bishop and gritty. Last season I sat at 1900 for about 8 days until the end with that team. As more and more people get bishop the last 300 points in sim will become a slog. This season I found it hard to get to 2k without hitting that team myself.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have 13 covers on Prowler, I'm going to work on paying his iso cost down and see if Prowler/Main Event becomes the full anti-Gritty team I think it will be. Main Event with maximum Grand Entrance, at least on offense, has been a reliable counter to it for me so far.
  • spidyjedi84
    I have 13 covers on Prowler, I'm going to work on paying his iso cost down and see if Prowler/Main Event becomes the full anti-Gritty team I think it will be. Main Event with maximum Grand Entrance, at least on offense, has been a reliable counter to it for me so far.
    My issue with it is Grand Entrance can more times screw you over with the tiles it moves, rather than help you. I can't count the number of times I had an anticipated match 3 with a tile that Prowler could convert and steal from Gritty, only to have Grand Entrance move one of the tiles that would have completed the match 3 and given me a primo strike tile to hammer damage on a Kitty that didn't have too many covers in purple...