Cards requiring different amounts of experience to master depending on event. [Fix in 3.4]

Options
13»

Comments

• Larz70
    Larz70 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hi, @Brigby, I played three games of Rising Tensions - Azorius Senate event and used nine mastered cards and 1 unmastered common card.  I can confirm the following things by watching the XP gained I gained closely:

1. Won the game and failed two objectives.  Received 5 ribbons and 200 runes.  Received 20XP for  my player profile and card received 20 XP.  Looks normal.
    2. Won the game and completed one objective.  Received 10 ribbons and 400 runes.  Received 20 XP for my player profile and common card received 20XP,  Here's the weird part, I started with a new unmastered card with 0 XP on it, but as it was animating the XP progress bar, it somehow had 20XP on it already.  Basically, the card only earned 20XP for my player level but is now already has 40XP progress bar.
    3. Won the game and completed all objectives.  Received 15 ribbons and 600 runes.  Received 20 XP for my player profile and common card received 20XP.  Again, I made sure I have a new unmastered (0XP) common card at start of game but when I watched the XP animation, the card already had 40XP on it!  Basically at the end of the match, it earned me 20 XP but it already is filled up to 60 XP (essentially I lost 40 XP on that card).
    I made sure during my testing that my player profile was not benefitting from the extra XP added to the common card and that I was indeed losing XP from mastery.  Before the third match, I recorded my player XP at 178 and added a new common card with 0 XP, the rest of the 9 were mastered.  After the match, I have 198 XP and the common card had 60 XP on it.

A couple players who posted above ( @Machine and @arNero ) mentioned that the XP bug could be related to the number of objectives met and from my testing it is a very plausible theory.  1 objective = normal, 2 objectives = 20 XP lost and 3 objectives = 40 XP lost.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. Thank you very much for the detailed descriptions! Based on your observations, it does seem like the key difference between intended behavior and this bug is whether or not secondary objectives were completed or not.

I have passed this key detail along to the QA team, so that they can reference it during their reproduction attempts. Thank you!
  • Theophilus
    Theophilus Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Has this issue been fixed?

• Theophilus
    Options
    I've been reluctant to play unmastered cards in RT. I am really getting concerned about the lack of attention this game seems to get from the developers. Admittedly, I don't know anything about coding or app programming. Maybe the problems are too complex to be fixed quickly. The multitude of issues this game is currently experiencing and the lack of progress/transparency in fixing those issues has me wondering two things:
    1) Is the game about to go through a major overhaul? or
    2) Is the current game on the verge of being abandoned because the multitude of cards and mechanics has become too much to manage?
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've been reluctant to play unmastered cards in RT. I am really getting concerned about the lack of attention this game seems to get from the developers. Admittedly, I don't know anything about coding or app programming. Maybe the problems are too complex to be fixed quickly. The multitude of issues this game is currently experiencing and the lack of progress/transparency in fixing those issues has me wondering two things:
    1) Is the game about to go through a major overhaul? or
    2) Is the current game on the verge of being abandoned because the multitude of cards and mechanics has become too much to manage?
    You're right to worry.  Last time we had an unresponsive dev team who kept releasing new sets with a ton of bugs they went out of business (Hibernium).  That led to the infamous "dark days" where we went 6 new months without any new content, and had to play nothing but the same RoTGP and Hour of Devastation events every week.
  • Theophilus
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I've seen your relentlessness on the general discussion board. Maybe the squeaky wheel will eventually get the grease.
    I can see them being able to make a retroactive correction to the initial XP conversion, but not the RT issue. How on Earth can they determine if a card's XP came from RT? Even if they could, what to do about all of the cards that would then be unmastered because people stopped playing them once they were mastered? It could potentially drop many people from their mastery tier.
    Maybe the best, most amicable solution is to push the reset button and reconvert all mastered cards, then give a substantial "make-up" award for the XP lost in RT. Of course, that doesn't account for the initial award for level placement and subsequent awards for each level earned. Making this right could be very "expensive" for Oktagon. 
  • Theophilus
    Options
    If I understand the issue in this particular thread, then card XP to player XP is not 1:1 in RT if any secondary objectives are achieved. It can potentially be 3:1. That robs the player of 2/3 of the XP they could receive in mastering a card. That could be significant if you're grinding it daily. True to the spirit of the game, cards mastered in RT may not truly be mastered.

I get what you're saying. You want equal credit for all of your mastered cards. I don't really have a dog in that fight. I've only been playing about a year, and once I reached platinum I really didn't prioritize mastering cards. Even now I'm sitting at 450 out of 2553.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. The issue of Rising Tensions granting 20 more experience points than expected should be fixed in the upcoming 3.4 patch.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. The issue of Rising Tensions granting 20 more experience points than expected should be fixed in the upcoming 3.4 patch.
    I'm thrilled to see the new bugs that will be introduced instead!