January & February Q&A Session - Question Submission (1/28/19)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

We'd like to open up this month's question submission thread for both January and February's questions.

In order to make it easy to collate and compile all questions, we would like to kindly ask all players limit themselves to only one comment. Due to the combination of the two months though, players may submit their top 6 questions they'd like to submit. (Brief explanations are fine, but please no novels) We will then compile a list of the top 10 questions asked by the community, and Oktagon will answer as many of them as they are able to.

We will be closing the submission thread on Friday 2/8 at 18:00 PT / 21:00 ET / Saturday 2/9, 02:00 UTC. We will then compile the questions, and send it over to Oktagon for review and answering. Once they have done that, we will format it and prepare it for posting in the forum.

If you would like to submit a question, then please comment below. Thanks!

Comments

• Mark_Tedin
    Mark_Tedin Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Options
    -Can you remove the visual art during the game? this is an old community demand. IOS players are tired of getting stuck in the game.
    -Thank you for Card Visual Aid changes, this has improved the quality of life of vererans players
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I hope you get to this before the next Q&A but if not.

- what are the ideas for mastering cards (in broad terms)?
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    Options
    What are the biggest priority for the game right now?
    How does the development team ensure consistency over time in instances of similarities?
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Could you please change coalition event end times to at least 12 hours after the last charge.  This game is played all over the world and frequently ends during players’ work hours or in the middle of the night.
  • UweTellkampf
    UweTellkampf Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    We say, we'd like more coalition events.
    You give us a lazy single player event that takes 10 minutes to finish.

We say, please speed up animations.
    You leave animations as slow as they are and speed up stuff that's actually important to see.

We say, please fix the bugs.
    You fix some, leave others around and create new ones.

We say, please make the coalition events have a civil ending point with a longer last charge.
    You do nothing.

We say, please communicate updates with us.
    You implement a new function (Levels with mastering cards) without botherin to explain what the hell is going on.

So my question is rather simple: Are you there?
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I hope that this won't take until March, but instead be answered this week :
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/77057/please-provide-information-on-mastering-quickly

The full player level / card mastery thingy should have a high priority. You teased us with a great blog post and then left us in the dark. All we know is that either your system is bugged, or not understandable yet.

• James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I know there was a teaser already about some things possible with the new profile functionality.  I'd like to hear what some of the specific implementations are that are planned, if possible.

I feel like the game has improved significantly in terms of variety of activities available (old events returning into rotation, new event content being added).  Is there any comment or thought on continuing this trend?

Related to the above: what is the next planned "Duels" style iteration, and what changes to the format are being considered due to the initial ZvE challenges?
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You have promised in every blog post and Q&A session to be more transparent about current and future game changes as well as being more available on the forums.  Yet you have not done any of that.

When will you start communicating with the player base on a regular basis?

Why did you design the level up system the way that you did? 
    Why did you reduce the amount of xp and rewards that players started with? 
    Why did you reduce the amount of xp gained from each fight in Story mode but increase it in events? 
    Why didn't you tell us any of this when 3.2 was released?
  • Serakiel
    Serakiel Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I would like just like to say thank you  You answered my question back in the December Q&A and it was about speeding the game up. Really like the new option of skipping animations  although I guess there is just no getting around March of the Multitudes and path of discovery lol  
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    - are there any future plans for the new player level? And if so, can you make the level system transparent? (There is somtimes a huge discrepancy between mastered card, and player level)  

Are there any plans for duel decks, maybe a new set? (the whole event in present state is a liitle odd, see forum...). 

What about mastering cards? With present exp. per match it will take forever to master a whole collection, and exp. output is neither transparent nor consistent... see AM event. 
  • Outersider
    Outersider Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Could some consideration be given to the awards of leveling your profile.... If I have mastered over 2000 cards it's pretty safe to assume that one has gotten and mastered the origin set, giving it as an award is nothing less than a slap on the face, it's worthless.  How about the ability to choose a pack from any set. At least that way we have a chance of getting a card we don't have, otherwise  the time spent leveling is wasted. Please ......
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The means to choose a pack from any set is via crystals. Just saying... 😁
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I would like to raise issue about bug cards that instantly kill the game / endless loop.

We had Sphinx Decree, Divine Visitation + Murder Investigation in the 2018. Dev took several weeks to fix them. 

Unfortunately, new bux keep spawning.I wont mention new bug here.to prevent abuse in upcoming event.

The question: Is there any plan for banning some bug card to prevent victims and lost?

• Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tilwin90 said:
    The means to choose a pack from any set is via crystals. Just saying... 😁
    You're completely missing the point, so I'll spell it out for you. As an aside, I actually came here to post a question that will answer what you seem to have missed, so here goes.

To the Devs:

Many of the veteran players have been around for so long that we have no need of boosters from Legacy sets. As @Outersider mentioned in his post, being rewarded with an Origins booster is sort of like getting socks at Christmas. I already have all the socks I need. In other words, I have every single Origins card, so an Origins booster is guaranteed to give me 5 dupe cards.

So my question is this: Is it possible for you to allow us to choose the specific set we want our booster rewards from events to come from, and if so, will that ever happen?

This would be a good thing for pretty much everyone, as it gives the players an element of personal choice.

This discussion has been closed.