**** Namor (The Sub-Mariner) ****

Options

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Domino is a slayer, I don't know if y'all caught on to that yet lol. 

@Brigby is there going to be an & Friends vault, or does that not happen when releases share tokens with the story store?
    Next event. Release event has the old style tokens, and that's what Shield Training gives out. The following event, the first time the new character is Essential, that's when the "& Friends" vault goes live (and the PVP event goes live and gives those tokens as well).

Dates are on the first page.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    #Doh. thanks for that
  • max5esq
    max5esq Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    Namor is not good, his purple is board dependent as well as his Green, he is not self fueling and his black costs too much, after using him in shield training node I came away very unimpressed.  Alot of potential there but if his purple fires with too few blue on the board or makes matches there is no damage and if there is not alot of blue on the board his green is awful, so for someone who can't create those tiles for cheaper he is not rally exciting at all. He himself does not use that blue either. It is one thing to introduce a situational or average character, but this one just makes no sense.
  • Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    KGB said:
    IceIX said:
    The shape for Imperius Rex is:
    <div>- - - - - - -
    - - - o - - -
    - - - o - o -
    - o - o - o -
    - - o o o - -
    - - - o - - -
    - - - o - - -
    - - - o - - -</div>
    It will always appear fully on the board when used, no prongs hanging off the sides.
    So then no chance it can hit corner tiles which are always the ones players desperately want to hit.  :(

Any chance it appears in another orientation (90, 180 and 270 degrees) or is it always pointing up?

KGB

For that you would have needed "shape of Namor's Speedo's".

If they rework him, they could give him a passive involving that:

Submarine Cringe
    Passiv
    Seeing Namor with his glistening muscles in his way to tight speedos, his enemies feel so uncomfortable that they just won’t attack him.
    Enemies attacking Namor have a 20/30/50/70/100% chance to just don’t fire their powers at Namor and just end their turn
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,615 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well all I can say is don't bother saving up for Namor's green, it is more Spork than trident.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hey thanks for putting Namor with Domino in the SHIELD training so I could realize her red is a straight up better version of his green that costs 9 instead of 12, still shakes the board and does like double his green's damage per tile.

Whoever's doing balance is slipping.
    Yeah her Red is basically Surgical Strike, half the tiles but double the damage per tile, plus it's cheaper, AND she 'creates' Black. 
  • SymmeTrey
    SymmeTrey Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Namor was terrible in ST even though we was being fed black by both Domino and C&D, 2 of the best black generators in the game. This just shows how bad he is.
  • SaltyK
    SaltyK Posts: 54 Match Maker
    edited February 2019
    Options
    3/5/5
    Dear Developer, i would like to give praise to whoever placed that banner in Namor's cover section.
    Naughty naughty!
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    KGB said:
    IceIX said:
    <div>- - - - - - -
    - - - o - - -
    - - - o - o -
    - o - o - o -
    - - o o o - -
    - - - o - - -
    - - - o - - -
    - - - o - - -</div>
    It will always appear fully on the board when used, no prongs hanging off the sides.
    So then no chance it can hit corner tiles which are always the ones players desperately want to hit.  :(

Any chance it appears in another orientation (90, 180 and 270 degrees) or is it always pointing up?

KGB

Submarine Cringe
    Passiv
    Seeing Namor with his glistening muscles in his way to tight speedos, his enemies feel so uncomfortable that they just won’t attack him.
    Enemies attacking Namor have a 20/30/50/70/100% chance to just don’t fire their powers at Namor and just end their turn

Designing a whole power seems like a bit of waster just to express some implicit homophobia. . .
  • Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    KGB said:
    IceIX said:
    <div>- - - - - - -
    - - - o - - -
    - - - o - o -
    - o - o - o -
    - - o o o - -
    - - - o - - -
    - - - o - - -
    - - - o - - -</div>

KGB

Submarine Cringe
    Passiv

Designing a whole power seems like a bit of waster just to express some implicit homophobia. . .
    Woah, that’s what you said, I could only imagine that most villains would be stunned if a guy in tight speedos jumped out of the water just in front of them saying ‚Behold, villain!‘, perhaps striking a pose.
    Also, Namor is gay? Didn’t know that, nevertheless don’t care would be finally something new...
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I must admit, the way his crotch comes right at the center of the screen during the Imperius Rex! animation is, at the very least, kind of distracting.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Time to weigh in, too expensive across the board up his damage or reduce the cost.  I will say I did receive some nice cascades from his green due to the irregular shape but he needs a tweak.  
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    I must admit, the way his crotch comes right at the center of the screen during the Imperius Rex! animation is, at the very least, kind of distracting.
    Namor is a thrusty kind-a guy, it is impossible to be imperious otherwise.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    Options

You still use animations?  I don't think I have seen an animation or heard a sound effect since sometime in 2017.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3/5/5
    Vhailorx said:

You still use animations?  I don't think I have seen and animation or heard a sound effect since sometime in 2017.
    I turned the sound off back in 2014, but I would occasionally turn it on momentarily to listen to Ares' Rampage sound effect. 
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Vhailorx said:

You still use animations?  I don't think I have seen and animation or heard a sound effect since sometime in 2017.
    Almost always. Pretty much the only time I turn them off is for Punisher's PvP or Lightning Rounds, since I hate the animation for his red. I played without them for a while when the option first became available, but I found it made the game too boring for me. I don't use sound, tho, except that occasionally I'll turn it on for Squirrel Girl's green.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Vhailorx said:

Almost always. Pretty much the only time I turn them off is for Punisher's PvP or Lightning Rounds, since I hate the animation for his red. I played without them for a while when the option first became available, but I found it made the game too boring for me. I don't use sound, tho, except that occasionally I'll turn it on for Squirrel Girl's green.
    I couldn't play this game without animations on, it would be totally souless. I have had the sound off since 2017 though but now you have me curious about SG...
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Vhailorx said:

I couldn't play this game without animations on, it would be totally souless. I have had the sound off since 2017 though but now you have me curious about SG...
    Check it out some time. It's hilarious.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3/5/5
    DAZ0273 said:
    Well, put me down for a seat at the soul-less table then.  If you watch closely at SG's squirrel attack, one of the squirrels stops to look at you before running across the screen.  My kids think it's pretty funny overall.