Victorious (Herald of Doom)

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vins2 said:
    Forgive my comic book knowledge but Victorious is supposed to be Victor Mancha. And whoever this Victorious clone turns out to be, GE Doom's source of power in Secret Wars was not her. 
    (/Adjusts glasses by pushing up the bridge with my middle finger while light glares off the lenses)
    Your comic book knowledge needs an update. Check out the new run of Fantastic Four (like, the one that started last summer and is only 6-7 issues in). This Victorious is brand new, not even a year old yet, and certainly not a "clone" of the Runaways character (or the AIM dude from the 70's). She's the new Champion of Latveria, and Herald of Doctor Doom (complete with Power Cosmic), since he's back to being Doom (after being God Emperor during Secret Wars, and a superhero during the Infamous Iron Man run).

There's really not much more information than that yet.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 761 Critical Contributor
    Don’t know what the updates will show Brigby but one thing they could do is offer a support token for the price of 10 standard tokens 

99% of the players in the game have zero use for 1* characters so the standard tokens could be used for something else 
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Don’t know what the updates will show Brigby but one thing they could do is offer a support token for the price of 10 standard tokens 

99% of the players in the game have zero use for 1* characters so the standard tokens could be used for something else 
    They keep the lights on in the farms...
    Mind you, if i could trade 10 standards for a support of any kind i'd do it in a heartbeat.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. I've previously mentioned a design being worked on for improving how players earn Supports, and I wanted to let everyone know that we're finally ready to start revealing this design!

I'm currently compiling all the information together, and I should be able to start rolling out the details this week. There is a lot of info though, so I'll likely be presenting a more digestible general outline first before adding the more granular details shortly afterwards.

Please hold the info until you have everything, then present the whole package.

Otherwise you'll get a lot of questions where your answer will be "wait for the full details".

One more day won't matter, just give us all info all at once.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. I've previously mentioned a design being worked on for improving how players earn Supports, and I wanted to let everyone know that we're finally ready to start revealing this design!

I'm currently compiling all the information together, and I should be able to start rolling out the details this week. There is a lot of info though, so I'll likely be presenting a more digestible general outline first before adding the more granular details shortly afterwards.
    Sounds good, do you know if pvp support/play is added with this update as well.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    n25philly said:
    Brigby said:

Who wants to bet this new way is by purchasing them in very expensive bundles...

Hopefully!  At least that wouldn't edge out useful rewards from elsewhere.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Oh look, another support I'll never have in a worthwhile state, if ever at all.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love how the only activity in this sub-forum (Supports Discussion) is all of us complaining about how bad supports are every time a new one is released.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,215 Chairperson of the Boards
    There’s not much point in discussing the actual impossible-to-get Support.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I equipped this support on Daken and it increases his true heal. I wonder if Daken can double-dip on the Rank 5 perk? 

I expect that this will work well with Ghost because she's likely to tank half of the board colours. 

I can't wait for the announcements this week for Support. At least, future support threads won't be hijacked with the same complains. However, I bet the next complain(s) after the announcement would be drawing Rank 1 support from Beginner Support Token, Rank 2 support from Advanced Token and Rank 4 support from Master Token.  :p

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    There is a lot of info though, so I'll likely be presenting a more digestible general outline first before adding the more granular details shortly afterwards.
    This makes me nervous. The only change required is availability. If that's all the devs were changing, it wouldn't be that complicated.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards

Yay!  I got a Victorious Master Support Token!

Boo!  It gave me another Avengers Tower instead of anything recent!

Yay!  We've got promising Support news coming soon!
     I did something similar...only I got Wasp's freakin gloves -.-

I've got a LVL 3 Wasp's gloves currently equipped to my Old Man Logan.  The extra healing is nice, and they somehow don't interfere with his claws. :)

• firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    Brigby said:
    There is a lot of info though, so I'll likely be presenting a more digestible general outline first before adding the more granular details shortly afterwards.
    This makes me nervous. The only change required is availability. If that's all the devs were changing, it wouldn't be that complicated.
    Agreed.  I fully expect a new system needlessly complicated and no better than the current situation.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,215 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby
    Can you add the Victorious information page to the “Supports Details” forum section?  Thank you for all your hard work.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    bluewolf said:
    Brigby
    Can you add the Victorious information page to the “Supports Details” forum section?  Thank you for all your hard work.
    Done! I've also moved the full thread discussion into the Support Details section with a redirect link left in the Supports Discussion section.
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 546 Critical Contributor
    So.. I’ve been using my Lvl 5 Victorious with GEDoom. I have coupled him with Okoye and have noticed something. Whenever I utilize Okoye’s heal, sometimes it will activate Victorious’ GEDoom proprietary power, the team damage. This is awesome but the language dictates that it should only happen when doom heals his allies. I am just wondering if this is a bug.
  • Glockoma
    Yes she does- I was wondering and I haven’t been through the bug lost yet. It is a great bug for double dipping on team aoe
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    I lucked into this support today. Any suggestions besides Daken? Does it work if the character is healed by another character?
  • Glockoma
    edited December 2019
    I lucked into this support today. Any suggestions besides Daken? Does it work if the character is healed by another character?
    Yes, this support is GREAT. It offers some of the most practical attributes and pairs well on GED. I run him and an Okoye (with her royal talon support) in pve for a similar effect as running with Thanos. 

GED steals yellow, yellow heals Okoye, Victorious fires team damage upon Okoye’s heal (boosted of course by thr accrued teamups). This is the only partner I have experience with GED supported by Victorious.

*UPDATE*
    This does work with all healers. Just experimented. Okoye, GED (w/ victorious), and a rotational healer like Daken is OP.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    @Glockoma, thanks for replying! I've neither GED nor Okoye. Anyone or combos in the 3* and 4* tiers?