Should we keep the Fantastic 4 cover art?

Options
Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
We usually have this discussion when covers get replaced, but I haven't seen one here. If there's one I missed I apologise.

What do you guys think? Should we keep the Artgerm covers for all of the Fantastic 4?
I personally think we should. First time Invisible Woman's had a cover I actually like; Mr Fantastic is a nice improvement (even if the game version doesn't rock the beard); Thing...it's as good as the old one, I'm indifferent there; and Human Torch is a huge improvement, never liked that weird sneer expression on a flaming skinless psychopath in the old cover.

Looking forward to seeing opinions.

[EDIT] silly me, I forgot Silver Surfergot a new cover too. They're both good, so either one of those works for me =)

Should we keep the Fantastic 4 cover art? 125 votes

Yes.
90%
Dragon_NexusPorkBellyWonko33xdoggrixmithBowgentleDrNitromankillercoolxKOBALTxIridiousrbdragonTaganovPunter1AardvarkPeppermoss04pinolesdivounesteakleatherLFChikarasonnorthnorth 113 votes
Maybe. (Keep some, not others. Comment below =D )
6%
antreas1911sinnerjflZootSaxDAZ0273charmbotsKahmonKenshinUKskittledaddy 8 votes
No.
3%
KolenceStevO-JSt1nkf1stAres76 4 votes

Comments

• Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yes.
    They're quite good; I'd be down to keep the new ones.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yes.
    The overall aesthetic is better now. While some might be nicer than others, for the sake of unity I'd keep them all in their 'new' costume.
    Having said that, I find it weird that 3 of them are 4* while HT is a 3*. They are called the Fantastic Four, right? Not the Fantastic Three + One 
  • KenshinUK
    KenshinUK Posts: 91 Match Maker
    Options
    If we can keep only one let it be Sue's as its far better than what we had before. The others i'm not too fussed about either way.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes.
    I'm good with them, but I would like to see an Allred Surfer cover...
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Yes.
    Yes! They're so much better than the regular ones.

Dogface said:
    Having said that, I find it weird that 3 of them are 4* while HT is a 3*. They are called the Fantastic Four, right? Not the Fantastic Three + One 
    Well, Johnny is the youngest ;) Seriously, tho, there should be a 4* Human Torch. At one point, I was thinking about trying to figure out a way to combine Reed and Sue into a single character, like Grocket or C&D, so it would actually be possible to run all four of them at once.
    Also, this poll is impossible to properly run with the restrictions the forum rules place on them. Really, the options should be "Yes", "Of Course", and "Absolutely" ;)
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Options
    Yes.

Dogface said:
    Well, Johnny is the youngest ;) Seriously, tho, there should be a 4* Human Torch. At one point, I was thinking about trying to figure out a way to combine Reed and Sue into a single character, like Grocket or C&D, so it would actually be possible to run all four of them at once.
    Also, this poll is impossible to properly run with the restrictions the forum rules place on them. Really, the options should be "Yes", "Of Course", and "Absolutely" ;)
    There's a comic series on right now called Infinity Warps where the evil villain Requiem has gained the power of the infinity stones and rather than kill half of all life in the universe, they've melded half of life with the other half. So we have the Soldier Supreme and Iron Hammer and Ghost Panther and Arachknight.

One of the mash ups is the Fantastic Four, now the Teriffic Two. Reed Richards and Sue Storm are melded together to become Mr Invisible, along with Human Torch and Thing to become Hot Rocks. So if MPQ starts incorporating these characters you might get your wish!
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes.
    I liked the old Invisible Woman cover art.  The others seem like an improvement, and there's something to be said for the consistency.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Human Torch is a massive improvement.

I’m in the minority but I don’t care for Reed.

Thing and IW are probably on par with/slightly better.

Silver Surfer is my favourite change, definitely keep that.

I was disappointed we didn’t get a change for Doom as I have never been a fan of his cover.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Dogface said:
    There's a comic series on right now called Infinity Warps where the evil villain Requiem has gained the power of the infinity stones and rather than kill half of all life in the universe, they've melded half of life with the other half. So we have the Soldier Supreme and Iron Hammer and Ghost Panther and Arachknight.

One of the mash ups is the Fantastic Four, now the Teriffic Two. Reed Richards and Sue Storm are melded together to become Mr Invisible, along with Human Torch and Thing to become Hot Rocks. So if MPQ starts incorporating these characters you might get your wish!
    Hmm, that sounds very similar to the amalgam Universe they did in the 90's when they did the DC vs Marvel limited series. I'm guessing Marvel probably can't use them these days otherwise a Dark Claw costume (and others) might be fun:

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes.
    I was going to say they can only use variants for a while, but in the past they replaced some (Devil Dinosaur and Kamala, maybe?).

I’d be down for some new covers for the FF.  They certainly stand out nicely.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm one of the few, apparently, who really like the previous iteration of the Invisible Woman cover.  I thought the composition of it, with the three scenes shot through it, was really cool.  To be fair, however, I'm a fan of Coleen Doran's work.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Keep the Old:
    Torch (His old is actually one of my favorite covers in MPQ)
    Reed

Keep the New:
    Surfer
    Inv Woman

Indifferent:
    Thing

Needs New:
    3Doom
    2Torch
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes.
    I also prefer the old Invisible Woman cover, to be honest.  Mr. Fantastic and Thing are probably my two favorites of this group.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Options
    Yes.
    DAZ0273 said:

I was disappointed we didn’t get a change for Doom as I have never been a fan of his cover.

I've got the perfect suggestion for 3* Doom's cover change

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,711 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes.
    They could at least give us the option to buy them in a £79.99 vault.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes.
    Are they temporary?  i was assuming it was a permanent change.  
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Tony_Foot said:
    They could at least give us the option to buy them in a £79.99 vault.
    Surely it would be £44.44
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes.
    GrimSkald said:
    I'm one of the few, apparently, who really like the previous iteration of the Invisible Woman cover.  I thought the composition of it, with the three scenes shot through it, was really cool.  To be fair, however, I'm a fan of Coleen Doran's work.
    Her old cover is pretty cool. Honestly, I mostly just prefer the new one because I like the "cooler" colour palette, without the "warmer" red and yellow.
    Her character art is what really needs an update. Her anatomy is more distorted than Reed's is in his character art.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I'd like to see a 4* Human torch using the new art first and then change the rest of the team to have them match.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Kahmon said:
    I'd like to see a 4* Human torch using the new art first and then change the rest of the team to have them match.
    I would be fine if they actually just upped the numbers on 3* Torch so that he basically became a 4* rather than go through any new character release. It isn't like 3* Torch is a vital part of that tier but promoting him to the 4* tier means we have the FF all on one level.