***** Doctor Doom (God Emperor) *****

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited January 2019 in Character Details
Hi Everyone,

"When everything else has fallen apart, Victor von Doom finds his time to shine. After taking control of a massive cache of energy, he restores the universe as best as he can, becoming its creator and unquestionable ruler - the God Emperor of Battleworld.

Even armed with omnipotence, Doom remains cautious, relying on only a trusted few to advise and execute his vision. Is his paranoia just a hazard of the job, or do old enemies still haunt the shadows?"

Check out the brand new 5-Star Doctor Doom, and find out how you can recruit him onto your roster!

5-Star Rarity (Epic)
Villains
yellowtilepng blacktilepng bluetilepng

(Abilities listed at level 450, Power Level 5)
57,701 Health
yellowtilepng 669 | blacktilepng 595 | bluetilepng 521 |  331 | purpletilepng 85 |  79 | greentilepng 72 |  4.3x

Brave New World -  10 yellowtilepng AP
Doom rebuilds his world, keeping his closest allies right where he needs them. Heals allies for a burst of 3230 health and completely reshuffles the board.
  • Level 2: ...burst of 4187 health...
  • Level 3: ...burst of 5143 health...
  • Level 4: ...burst of 7057 health...
  • Level 5: ...burst of 10883 health...
Fallen Favor - 9 blacktilepng AP
Doom made you, and he can unmake you. Drains up to 1 friendly Red, Green, and Purple AP and deals 12211 damage.
(PASSIVE) If Doom is Downed, all enemy Strike, Attack, and Protect tiles are removed from the board.
  • Level 2: ...deals 13590 damage.
  • Level 3: ...deals 14970 damage.
  • Level 4: ...deals 17728 damage.
  • Level 5: ...deals 23245 damage.
Render Unto Doom... - bluetilepng Passive
Doom seizes anything that might pose a threat to his sovereignty. Whenever the enemy makes a Black or Yellow match, steal 1 AP of that color and heal Doom for 2524 health.
  • Level 2: ...heal Doom for 2776 health.
  • Level 3: ...heal Doom for 3029 health.
  • Level 4: ...heal Doom for 3534 health.
  • Level 5: ...heal Doom for 4543 health.

Recruit Doctor Doom!

Dangerous Doctors - Special Legendary Store
  • Starts: 1/16/19, 12:00pm ET
  • Ends: 1/21/19, 11:59pm ET
  • 15% chance to get Doctor Doom (God Emperor), Doctor Strange (Sorcerer Supreme), or The Hulk (Bruce Banner)
  • Additional tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points
Victor Von Doom - Special Limited Vault
  • Starts: 1/16/19, 12:00pm ET
  • Ends: 1/21/19, 11:59pm ET
  • 40 Items: 
    • 1x Dangerous Doctors Legendary Token
    • 1x Invisible Woman (Classic) Yellow Cover
    • 3x Random 3-Star Covers
    • 6x Heroic Tokens
    • 4x 2,500 Iso-8
    • 6x 1,000 Iso-8
    • 5x 500 Iso-8
    • 14x 2-Star Covers

Event Schedule

Galactus Hungers - Alliance Event
  • Starts: 1/17/19, 12:00pm ET
  • Ends: 1/20/19, 11:59pm ET
  • Rewards tokens to the Dangerous Doctors Legendary cover store

Comments

• Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2019
    So passive true heal (dependent on opponent matches) and team burst heal for 10 yellow AP? Sure, OK.

I guess he's at least better than Kingpin.
  • lakantanz
    lakantanz Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Appears to be an attempt to counter Okoye somewhat?

Assume his Black steals more than 1 of each mana type.

Might be annoying on defense but niche for pvp and pve.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    That’s a nice targeted nuke for 9 black. AP drain forgiven. The burst healing seems so weird, and on 2 different abilities.
    EDIT. Oooh, self true heal, not burst.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can the board shuffle from his Yellow cause cascades, or is it like Quake's green power that does a shuffle with intentionally no cascades?
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    ZeiramMR said:
    Can the board shuffle from his Yellow cause cascades, or is it like Quake's green power that does a shuffle with intentionally no cascades?
    Pretty sure shuffle means it's like Quake's green.

Powers that can cause cascades are always worded as 'swap X tiles'.

The real question is whether it's better to get him in the special store with Strange/Banner or wait till he enters latest with Cable/Kingpin. Neither option seems great  :'(

KGB
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hope this release is in support of some new future meta?  I'm just not seeing Doom's viablity outside of Cloak and Dagger's pvp event.  Doom can be useful when you get to select the 3rd partner.  But in events that you only choose 2/3?  you give up alot 5* damage going with doom.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hmmmm... might be a new third to try with Thorkoye in Sim. Right now I'm using Jessica Jones and have to occasionally heal her after several battles. Between Okoye yellow and Doom's passive (albeit somewhat conditional) true heal, might not even need healthpacks at all. 

Though right now Jess tanks red over Thor, so I'd be losing that, which isn't ideal. 

I suppose this could be somewhat of a counter to Gritty teams, but that essentially means sacrificing Doom each match to make that happen. Maybe that's fine once and awhile, but you certainly can't sustain a PvP climb doing that every single match.

I do like that passive that helps feed his black nuke though. It's only one AP, but that's pretty cool. 
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    Doom oki would be pretty decent on defense.

Outside of that Thor/ok/jj still ruling all
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,691 Chairperson of the Boards
    lakantanz said:
    Appears to be an attempt to counter Okoye somewhat?

Assume his Black steals more than 1 of each mana type.

Might be annoying on defense but niche for pvp and pve.
    Yeah looks to be a slower counter to okoye than just about most other teams. If he stole yellow and green that might be something but this just looks like another low mid tier pile of skip.

Powers that you have to die to work have little interest to me. I’m cool with this bang average release because it eases the pressure for CP and LTS. I can get one cover and carry on hoarding. 

That yellow and black steal might have use down the line or in pve in CL 9 and if you have to break hoard at some point with him in it, well then he’s not a complete lost cause like Kingpin. His heal is decent enough but thor won’t be matching that yellow for okoye.

NEXT!
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    That clearing the board of special tiles if Doom falls is built to counter Kitty and Grocket teams. Because once you take away special tiles from Kitty and Grocket teams, the match is essentially over. Grocket has a few more offensive moves, but the only reason he's brought to most matches are the insta-tiles on the board. Kitty without tiles to boost is a nice looking paperweight. That power alone is interesting. I like his black, period. It's a solid ability.
  • IronLad
    IronLad Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    edited January 2019
    Looks solid (literally a solid wall of Doom!), but in an ideal world I'd have liked to see Fallen Favor and Render Unto Doom complemented by anything other than a burst heal.

At least reshuffle the board is 100% thematic.  B)
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    Does yellow heal himself?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    Honestly surprised the token being doctor themed doesn't have the revamped Doctor Octopus in it, but rather one of the worst 5*s going. Revamp on the cards soon, maybe? Having Strange in there makes sense because he was Doom's right hand in Battleworld.

With regards to Doom himself, I love the character enough to not really care how good he is. I just want him. That said, I do like his setup. He's not meta dominating for sure, but he's a solid 5* from what I can tell. His nuke is cheap for what it does, especially if you don't utilise red, green or purple. And even then it only costs one of each.

He's *kind of* a counter to Kitty Grocket, but only by dying. Not completely viable, but a good way to fix an otherwise potentially bad situation.

I love his blue passive though. That'll be awful on defense, though against Thor/Okoye it's not going to do much if Thor's at half health. They can just get the yellow they need through Thor's passive. Though the cascades could still cause matches...

I hope I get better luck with Doom than I'm having with Cable. Just got my 9th yellow...

[Edit] Also, hoping they make a 4* Infamous Iron Man at some point.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Demiurge sure is making it easy to hoard with all the mediocre 5*'s they've been releasing.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    He's good for extended pushes and goes well with Thanos as he can keep his self healed.

Doom Thanos X could be decent