Hello D3 Go! Forum Users -

If you are still having trouble updating your birth date on your forum profile, then please follow the steps listed in the below discussion thread.

Please copy and paste this URL for details --> https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/72653/new-forum-terms-of-service-steps-to-update-profile

It is very important that all users complete this process, otherwise they will unfortunately be unable to actively participate in the forum on their current account.

Thank you!

TDW

BATMAN1BATMAN1 Posts: 52 Match Maker
Hey Devs, 

Thank you for starting TDW with only one charge. 

Very Classy. 

-Batman

Comments

• starfallstarfall Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    TDW always starts with only one charge, doesn't it?

I hate that it does, but some people seem to like it.
  • LaeuftbeidirLaeuftbeidir Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    starfall said:

I'm one of them! Not sure about node cap currently, same for recharge.. But since this event is the most complex pvp event to build for I'm fine with one match per node to start with.
    I'm just glad we finally see it again, though.

starfall said:

I'm one of them! Not sure about node cap currently, same for recharge.. But since this event is the most complex pvp event to build for I'm fine with one match per node to start with.
    I'm just glad we finally see it again, though. 
    Personally I find the complexity of the event very much increases the time I spend pondering building my decks, but not so the amount of time I spend playing games. So adding a game each node wouldn't really do much to increase the total time I spend on the event.
  • TremayneTremayne Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    If you are so lucky to be in the perfect time zone then max charges is nice so I guess that TDW with its complexity starts with 1 to ensure no time zones are disadvantaged.

Some like the deck building aspect just as much as the execution of the deck, I’m not one of them, but I acknowledge that they exists and should also be able to enjoy TDW.

Personally, I don’t have to much time this weekend so I have opted to reuse my decks from last run, with a few alterations.
  • ElfNeedsFoodElfNeedsFood Posts: 679 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, five node events should start with one charge, you'll get 5 more plays every recharge...  It's a good pace.  Needing to burn two hours to get to your first clear because you start with 15 games to play is a grind.
  • ArielSiraArielSira Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    What elfneedsfood said.

Usually I wait a while before joining and to clear 4-6 games per node then is one of my least favourite parts of the game. Of course it is my choice as I join later, but with 1 initial charge it's a lot better (for example when I joined TDW 5 hours ago or so).
  • BoogeymanBoogeyman Posts: 85 Match Maker
    edited January 13
    I currently have only lost 2 points total because I played a creatureless deck where I needed to do 12 points damage to enemy creatures......  Guess my rewards level?  I am at 48 nearing level 50+ rewards...

Derp.
  • FedenFeden Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    That sucks, I still really hate how quickly rewards drop off on these.

Although, I have to add that the damage does not need to be to enemy creatures. Have electrolyzed plenty of my own guys on that one.
    Boogeyman said:
    I currently have only lost 2 points total because I played a creatureless deck where I needed to do 12 points damage to enemy creatures......  Guess my rewards level?  I am at 48 nearing level 50+ rewards...

Derp.
    You can deal damage to your creatures too.
    starfall said:
    Boogeyman said:

Derp.
    You can deal damage to your creatures too.
    The sky has been opened.  TY.
  • Grixis197Grixis197 Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    I only lost 1 match and still was in top 50 
    Grixis197 said:
    I lost zero matches... in platinum.  Top 100.  
  • Grixis197Grixis197 Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    edited January 16
    Boogeyman said:
    Grixis197 said:
    I lost zero matches... in platinum.  Top 100.  
     I was in the 1st Plat Bracket came in 38th, you must have been in 2nd or 3rd if there is a 3rd
  • ArielSiraArielSira Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    I was in plat 2nd bracket, one loss (so -12) and also top 50. Not getting objectives adds up quickly, especially when they give 3 and 2 points.