TDW

BATMAN1
BATMAN1 Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
Hey Devs, 

Thank you for starting TDW with only one charge. 

Very Classy. 

-Batman

Comments

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    starfall said:
    TDW always starts with only one charge, doesn't it?

I hate that it does, but some people seem to like it.
    I'm one of them! Not sure about node cap currently, same for recharge.. But since this event is the most complex pvp event to build for I'm fine with one match per node to start with.
    I'm just glad we finally see it again, though.

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you are so lucky to be in the perfect time zone then max charges is nice so I guess that TDW with its complexity starts with 1 to ensure no time zones are disadvantaged.

Some like the deck building aspect just as much as the execution of the deck, I’m not one of them, but I acknowledge that they exists and should also be able to enjoy TDW.

Personally, I don’t have to much time this weekend so I have opted to reuse my decks from last run, with a few alterations.
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, five node events should start with one charge, you'll get 5 more plays every recharge...  It's a good pace.  Needing to burn two hours to get to your first clear because you start with 15 games to play is a grind.
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    What elfneedsfood said.

Usually I wait a while before joining and to clear 4-6 games per node then is one of my least favourite parts of the game. Of course it is my choice as I join later, but with 1 initial charge it's a lot better (for example when I joined TDW 5 hours ago or so).
  • Boogeyman
    Boogeyman Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2019
    I currently have only lost 2 points total because I played a creatureless deck where I needed to do 12 points damage to enemy creatures......  Guess my rewards level?  I am at 48 nearing level 50+ rewards...

Derp.
  • Feden
    Feden Posts: 79 Match Maker
    That sucks, I still really hate how quickly rewards drop off on these.

Although, I have to add that the damage does not need to be to enemy creatures. Have electrolyzed plenty of my own guys on that one.
  • Boogeyman
    starfall said:
    Boogeyman said:
    I currently have only lost 2 points total because I played a creatureless deck where I needed to do 12 points damage to enemy creatures......  Guess my rewards level?  I am at 48 nearing level 50+ rewards...

Derp.
    You can deal damage to your creatures too.
    The sky has been opened.  TY.
  • Grixis197
    Grixis197 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    I only lost 1 match and still was in top 50 
  • Boogeyman
    Grixis197 said:
    I lost zero matches... in platinum.  Top 100.  
  • Grixis197
    Grixis197 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2019
    Boogeyman said:
    Grixis197 said:
    I lost zero matches... in platinum.  Top 100.  
     I was in the 1st Plat Bracket came in 38th, you must have been in 2nd or 3rd if there is a 3rd
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    I was in plat 2nd bracket, one loss (so -12) and also top 50. Not getting objectives adds up quickly, especially when they give 3 and 2 points.