Hello D3 Go! Forum Users -

If you are still having trouble updating your birth date on your forum profile, then please follow the steps listed in the below discussion thread.

Please copy and paste this URL for details --> https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/72653/new-forum-terms-of-service-steps-to-update-profile

It is very important that all users complete this process, otherwise they will unfortunately be unable to actively participate in the forum on their current account.

Thank you!

Free F4 comic not working

JwallyrJwallyr Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
So I got the pop-up for the free Fantastic 4 comic in the MPQ app, tapped it and went straight to the "redeem" page, where I entered the code for the free F4 comic. It seemed to enter just fine (I'm not sure if I should mention the code here or if it matters) but it took me a while to figure out that I had to go to the "Comics Shop" and then I could (in theory) access the free comic. I only saw 3 comics (none of which was F4) in that interface, and there's verbiage on the page about seeing my "full library" from the comics app. I download the comics app, login, and I see the same 3 comics, no F4 comic. I go back to the website, try to enter the code again and I get an error about the redemption code.

So... how exactly can I actually get/read this free F4 comic being promoted in the MPQ app?

Comments

• Dragon_NexusDragon_Nexus Posts: 3,590 Chairperson of the Boards
    When you entered the code, it brings up the comic plus a description. There's a button that says "Continue". Did you click that? Because you need to to confirm activation of that comic on your account.

Since it's not a unique code it's very likely you can just try again and redeem it on your account =)
  • MalcrofMalcrof GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 5,783 Chairperson of the Boards
    I also redeemed and it wasnt in my collection. It may not be released stateside yet, although usually on Tuesday here.
  • jameshjamesh Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    It shows up for me in https://comicstore.marvel.com/my-books after I redeemed it.

I'm in the UK and it worked for me. So it could be a pond border thing.
  • JwallyrJwallyr Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Did anybody save the link/code? Since it was a pop-up in-game, I don't see a way for me to try again. :(
  • spidyjedi84spidyjedi84 Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    Jwallyr said:
    Did anybody save the link/code? Since it was a pop-up in-game, I don't see a way for me to try again. :(
    It would be just in Today's News, wouldn't it? That's where all the pop-ups go after you dismiss them...
  • MalcrofMalcrof GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 5,783 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine is now working fine. 
  • JwallyrJwallyr Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Tried again using the button helpfully pointed out by spidyjedi84; entered the code, tapped Redeem, scrolled down and tapped Continue; nothing. Doesn’t show up in the comics app, and tapping Continue again shows a brief loading indicator in the address bar, then nothing.

What gives? I’m using an iOS device that’s up to date.
  • jameshjamesh Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Try going to https://www.marvel.com/redeem on a desktop system and enter the code there.  You don't need to take up the offer from the app directly.

• PersephonePersephone Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Must one be a Marvel Insider member to get the free comic?  I followed the link and I get "sign in" request.  
    Yes, you must have an insider account.
    I've found it worth having since I get a digital backup of all my comics (minus a section where Marvel thought they were being clever by giving you 2 unaffiliated comics instead of a backup of the one you bought)
  • Chrono_TataChrono_Tata Posts: 711 Critical Contributor
    I don't have an insider account and it works fine for me. I only have a Marvel account which I created when I got the Marvel Comics app.
    I don't have an insider account and it works fine for me. I only have a Marvel account which I created when I got the Marvel Comics app.
    Wait, maybe that's what I'm thinking of. Actually yeah it must be because I can't join Insider because I'm not a Us citizen...dunno what I was thinking of.