Free F4 comic not working

Jwallyr
Jwallyr Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
So I got the pop-up for the free Fantastic 4 comic in the MPQ app, tapped it and went straight to the "redeem" page, where I entered the code for the free F4 comic. It seemed to enter just fine (I'm not sure if I should mention the code here or if it matters) but it took me a while to figure out that I had to go to the "Comics Shop" and then I could (in theory) access the free comic. I only saw 3 comics (none of which was F4) in that interface, and there's verbiage on the page about seeing my "full library" from the comics app. I download the comics app, login, and I see the same 3 comics, no F4 comic. I go back to the website, try to enter the code again and I get an error about the redemption code.

So... how exactly can I actually get/read this free F4 comic being promoted in the MPQ app?

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    When you entered the code, it brings up the comic plus a description. There's a button that says "Continue". Did you click that? Because you need to to confirm activation of that comic on your account.

Since it's not a unique code it's very likely you can just try again and redeem it on your account =)
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I also redeemed and it wasnt in my collection. It may not be released stateside yet, although usually on Tuesday here.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    It shows up for me in https://comicstore.marvel.com/my-books after I redeemed it.

• Dragon_Nexus
    I'm in the UK and it worked for me. So it could be a pond border thing.
  • Jwallyr
    Did anybody save the link/code? Since it was a pop-up in-game, I don't see a way for me to try again. :(
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Jwallyr said:
    Did anybody save the link/code? Since it was a pop-up in-game, I don't see a way for me to try again. :(
    It would be just in Today's News, wouldn't it? That's where all the pop-ups go after you dismiss them...
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine is now working fine. 
  • Jwallyr
    Tried again using the button helpfully pointed out by spidyjedi84; entered the code, tapped Redeem, scrolled down and tapped Continue; nothing. Doesn’t show up in the comics app, and tapping Continue again shows a brief loading indicator in the address bar, then nothing.

What gives? I’m using an iOS device that’s up to date.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Try going to https://www.marvel.com/redeem on a desktop system and enter the code there.  You don't need to take up the offer from the app directly.

• Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    Must one be a Marvel Insider member to get the free comic?  I followed the link and I get "sign in" request.  
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Yes, you must have an insider account.
    I've found it worth having since I get a digital backup of all my comics (minus a section where Marvel thought they were being clever by giving you 2 unaffiliated comics instead of a backup of the one you bought)
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    I don't have an insider account and it works fine for me. I only have a Marvel account which I created when I got the Marvel Comics app.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    I don't have an insider account and it works fine for me. I only have a Marvel account which I created when I got the Marvel Comics app.
    Wait, maybe that's what I'm thinking of. Actually yeah it must be because I can't join Insider because I'm not a Us citizen...dunno what I was thinking of.