Survey Quality of Life problems with MPQ

2»

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    For me, it's I have 10 roster slots currently open for potential 5 stars. Yet I still get tinykitty 1-stars, and the ISO is worth more to me than gaming my SCL ranking, so every day, I sell all my one-stars aside from my maxed out Juggernaut, and the next time I play the game, it automatically rosters a 1-star in an empty slot that I get for a reward. How about unless it's a new character to me, you don't just blindly roster a 1-star Storm that I don't need?
    I hear what you are saying.  The easiest way to skirt this is just auto fill with multiple jugs or mbw.  Eventually they will stop auto filling.

presumably you don’t need 1*. So truthfully you just bulk sell your 1* with the sell all 1* filter
    turned o 
  • Jexman
    Jexman Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Too time-consuming is right. For now I’m quitting PVE which is super boring now, staying with PVP for now. There are so many good games, I shouldn’t spend much time on a boring match 3 unless I have the trots. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler said:
    This thread is going to become another, "what I want fixed with MPQ" discussion.  I don't think these discussions are pointless, but they also don't seem to be passed on to Demiurge either.  
    I don't think that's true.  A number of things brought up often in threads like these have been fixed.  Saved covers & SCLs/non-roster based scaling come to mind as too big ones.
  • Tintaiwan
    Tintaiwan Posts: 172 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby is there anyway to pass this on to D3 development.    
    The two main outcomes: 
    1) character sorting/finding folks is so hard with large rosters.
    2) time consuming interfaces (no story skip/many clicks to open and level)

Thanks
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    None of the above. The main QOL issue is the game is too time consuming and while auto win would improve that I don’t think this game is set up for it. 
    Just make the max progression caps lower. 3-4 PvE clears. 800-900 / 40-50 wins PvP. 

Im getting real close to the end of my rope of how much time this game takes up each day. I’ve already completely abandoned PvP. If change doesn’t come soon it might be time for me to move on

Ive also stopped my VIP streak for the first time since VIP came out and this is the first Christmas I didn’t spend any Christmas money on the game. 
    Just the thought of not having to grind the same stuff over and over again every single event is so incredibly satisfying. 
  • Jexman
    Quitting PVE earlier this week has been like lifting a weight off my shoulders. No more repeating the same battle mindlessly four times in a row! No more Dark Avengers! Even endless Thorkoye and Kitty/Grocket is better (for now, those aren’t epic fun either but I’m not quite ready to abandon the game yet)
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    I love this game but it should not be a part-time job. I realized how much empty time has been devoted and it’s weighing on me heavily. There are so many other options in life. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bubba3210 said:
    I love this game but it should not be a part-time job. I realized how much empty time has been devoted and it’s weighing on me heavily. There are so many other options in life. 

I was thinking about this just yesterday. I’m not using the two as a direct comparison, just a consideration of time sunk but I got thinking about the next nearest RPG style game that I would have put so much time into and it occurred to me that I had probably played 200+ hours of Final Fantasy 7. However, doing so meant that I had completed the game twice (on 2 separate consoles) including collecting the 3 most rare items and fighting the secret bosses, one of which takes something like an hour to beat. Final Fantasy games are not adverse to grinding of course but there is a palpable sense of advancement.

Yet 200 hours on MPQ playing PvE will probably barely get you to somewhere in the 3* tier/stage. And I have easily done 2000 hours and probably more and yet I am nowhere near being in the “top tier” of this game.

I mentioned elsewhere that today I get a Goblin purple in resupply which brings him to a total of 2 covers. After 3 years of playing, 1000+ days and that is the progress I have made on that character. It is a bit sobering to be honest.

• Jexman
    I’m admittedly pretty dumb but I only occasionally remember that this is just a ftp mobile game whose goal is to get you to want to spend money. Obviously fun gameplay has not been the developers’ goal since then they just started repeating PVE events in the first year. I should have quit then. 
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Finding characters need is painful
    Jexman said:
    I’m admittedly pretty dumb but I only occasionally remember that this is just a ftp mobile game whose goal is to get you to want to spend money. Obviously fun gameplay has not been the developers’ goal since then they just started repeating PVE events in the first year. I should have quit then. 
    I dunno, if you want varied gameplay, switching up your team does way more than switching up the opponents. Maybe if they did a new event with no story attached, and mixed up the teams with heroes villains goons something might feel new, but you'd still be clearing each node 4-7 times. Do that with 4 separate teams and that feels different. Or just respec a character to change their playstyle and have more fun. I think giving some reward structure to using different characters would do more to liven up the gameplay than a new event.
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    broll said:
    None of the above. The main QOL issue is the game is too time consuming and while auto win would improve that I don’t think this game is set up for it. 
    Just make the max progression caps lower. 3-4 PvE clears. 800-900 / 40-50 wins PvP. 

Im getting real close to the end of my rope of how much time this game takes up each day. I’ve already completely abandoned PvP. If change doesn’t come soon it might be time for me to move on. 

Ive also stopped my VIP streak for the first time since VIP came out and this is the first Christmas I didn’t spend any Christmas money on the game. 
    I was headed this way when I was pushed out of being able to play at all anymore. In order to make any meaningful progression (catch up to the pace of development at a minimum), the game requires a lot of time for a "daily play" game. 

In truth, I probably spend that much time on other games (including the one that replaced it) throughout the the day, but the key factor there is *throughout the day*. Not concentrated blocks of the day - and this game is pretty inflexible when it comes to being able to spread that time around throughout your day. 

PvP made some good strides in that direction over the course of the past year, but PVE has not. The focus for PVE so far has seemed to be pushing people to progress and not "punch below their weight" - but one of the reasons so many players were punching below their weight is because they don't have enough time to punch *at* their weight on a daily basis. Even with worthwhile rewards for their "weight class". It has been my main criticism of the game over time, and agreement here had me sign in today just to comment on it. (slow work day)

[waves] hiyas.
  • AardvarkPepper
    AardvarkPepper Posts: 239 Tile Toppler
    Finding characters need is painful
    Straycat said:
    Jexman said:
    I dunno, if you want varied gameplay, switching up your team does way more than switching up the opponents. Maybe if they did a new event with no story attached, and mixed up the teams with heroes villains goons something might feel new, but you'd still be clearing each node 4-7 times. Do that with 4 separate teams and that feels different. Or just respec a character to change their playstyle and have more fun. I think giving some reward structure to using different characters would do more to liven up the gameplay than a new event.
    That's not a real option unless you're a championed 5* or perhaps broad roster of championed 4* player playing at SCL 7. Either way it's quite late game.

If you're in the early 3*-4* transition, you just don't have all these characters to throw at the game.  You want to do at least SCL 7 to earn rewards, but it's a time consuming task that takes two to three hours or more each day.  You just want to earn your rewards and get it done.

Now if you're using championed 5*s and screwing around in SCL 7 PvE (like a lot do) then what do you care if you switch in some championed 4*s or use whatever other 5*s?  You're so overpowered it hardly makes a difference in your clear times.

But if you were already using the best teams you could in the early 3*-4* transition, then instead of grinding two to three hours now you're grinding five to six hours.  Plus you're screwing yourself out of placement, not that you were going to place highly to begin with, but any chance you have of any sort of top placement for better prizes requires you cut down on times as much as you can, and hope that you didn't have too many championed-5*-loads-of-4*s in your bracket.

So yeah that is a pretty solid suggestion IF someone has the roster to support it, but if they don't - not so much.
  • BatteryHorse
    BatteryHorse Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    broll said:

Im getting real close to the end of my rope of how much time this game takes up each day. I’ve already completely abandoned PvP. If change doesn’t come soon it might be time for me to move on. 

Can't say it any better.  I stopped buying VIP last month too, and there was a day over the holidays where I had a bunch of PvE and PvP to do and I was grinding it and thinking to myself, "Why am I doing this?  I'm not enjoying it.  I'm doing it because I want to do my part for my alliance, but it's definitely not fun."  

Every time I think sometime like that I feel like I'm closer to just checking out, but it's still a distraction during my commute.  If it was just a little less work, a little less of the repetitive grinding, the same stupid, trivial, boring nodes over and over and over and over, I'd be much happier.
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    My screen time shows I spend about three hours a day playing this game, looking at where to put iso or letting my kids do pulls.  That’s the part I love - planning and seeing them enjoy it.

However, I’m tired of fighting 60-70+ fights a day. It’s not worth the time better spent elsewhere. I have all but a few 4* champed so fights are easy but too time consuming.

I could handle thrty minutes a day but anything beyond that is becoming a deal breaker.
  • Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Opening tokens (at least three clicks to open a token...)
    I vote for opening token. When you have 100 standard token to open and you know you get only ****...

But finding characters is also a mess.