This is what D3 should do after things get fixed.

Options
Since they have been quiet so far and have not released some official statement other than say they're taking the server down, they should (after things get fixed):

1. Issue a statement of apology for not making any sort of statement while this was going on.
2. Push out the 'earned' rewards for people missing them.
3. Reward EVERYONE an additional three Lazy Daken covers for the technical issues.
(The servers being whack. The rewards not being released. Points earned in PVP were not being added. The mishap at the beginning of the PVE which cost many many people valuable points and placement as a result. And most of all, no statements saying that they were aware of all of this and trying to correct it. We didn't need an ETA on a fix, just an acknowledgement that they were aware and trying to do something.)

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    or what is more likely....

1) say nothing
    2) pump out another half-kitty event for **** rewards that few care for
    3) start season 2 before season 1 ends
    4) continue pissing everyone off with their incompetence and lack of communication

marc
  • Unknown
    Options
    And a sale. I believe after this, the least they could do is all that and a sale.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I think at the least an apology. I'm sure they are working hard on this right now and whatever reason this is happening for...there will be an explanation. Who knows. Maybe their server was attacked, deadpool ate too many tacos and unplugged the cord, hulk smashed, yelena did something useful (evil) for once, or they forgot to pay their bills.

One could dream that we all get a 1/1/1 daken though but chances are probably not
  • Unknown
    Options
    djsquillz wrote:

1) say nothing
    4) continue pissing everyone off with their incompetence and lack of communication

marc

Hahahahaha
    Exactly
  • Unknown
    Options
    Thesmok wrote:
    djsquillz wrote:

1) say nothing

marc

Hahahahaha
    Exactly

aaaaand the Lazy Dakan event has just started....i can fight matches but i am not showing up on the leaderboards.

called it.

marc
  • Unknown
    Options
    update, im showing up on the leaderboards now, but the event says that i onlybhave 27 poinys. i had already earned over 100 points in the event...they are now just gone.

awesome.

marc
  • Unknown
    Options
    Dslyexic wrote:
    And a sale. I believe after this, the least they could do is all that and a sale.

Given their screwups and policy changes recently, I'm pretty sure the proper response from us doesn't involve giving them money.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Its so funny that anytime a glitch happens someone tries to make the case for a bunch of free stuff. 3 dakens really lol. If you buy the 10 pack you only have a 61% chance of getting 1 daken. You would need to buy a 50 pack to get 3 and that is what is a just reward for not getting the daken rewards 1 day ago and having the scoring messed up for half a day?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Just to continue this seemingly continuous fail, I hereby predict that they will start a new PVE with Daken as Essential, before getting us our Dakens.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Its so funny that anytime a glitch happens someone tries to make the case for a bunch of free stuff. 3 dakens really lol. If you buy the 10 pack you only have a 61% chance of getting 1 daken. You would need to buy a 50 pack to get 3 and that is what is a just reward for not getting the daken rewards 1 day ago and having the scoring messed up for half a day?

Pretty sure that's not how it works. Every pack, you have a single 6.1% chance of getting a Classic Daken. It won't build up to increase your odds by the end of it.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    450px-Wakisashi-sepukku-p1000699.jpg
  • Nighthawk81
    Nighthawk81 Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Susra wrote:
    Dslyexic wrote:

Given their screwups and policy changes recently, I'm pretty sure the proper response from us doesn't involve giving them money.

I was going to buy a Looney a bit earlier than I usually do, but that's not happening now since this fiasco and the extension of the season end.
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    Options

If I order a pizza that should be delivered in 30 minutes and it shows up later than 90 minutes, I expect a free pizza.

Not sure why this is different.
  • Unknown
    Options
    PorkBelly wrote:

If I order a pizza that should be delivered in 30 minutes and it shows up later than 90 minutes, I expect a free pizza.

Not defending d3s screwup, but that is a weak analogy.
  • Unknown
    Options

I'm not sure whether one could define this whole mess still as only a glitch. And it's not just late rewards and display issues. Oscorp had this huge scoring issue and in the end it didn't really fix itself with scaling, Alliance chat is only working half of the time, events are randomly not available for me, nodes disappearing, scores not registering.

3 Daken covers might be a little much, but it's a game after all. A single cover giveaway for example would cost them practically nothing. And a little gift to soothe some disgruntled parts of the community might be just the right thing now for the long run. Because you know somehow I got the feeling the general mood around here is at an all time low.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Dslyexic wrote:

LOL. We'll get a 10% more HP and 25% more ISO sale, mark my words. And cover costs will double.
  • Unknown
    Options
    PorkBelly wrote:

If you bought the covers and were told they would be delivered at a precise time, then you would have your analogy right.
  • Unknown
    Options
    PorkBelly wrote:

Not defending d3s screwup, but that is a weak analogy.

Not entirely. Look at it like this... If you were to order a pizza, you are waiting on something. Correct? You usually get that pizza within a half-hour. For arguments sake, 45 minutes on a Friday or Saturday night when there are a lot of people ordering. If it takes them an hour and a half to get you your pizza, they will give it to you for free for two reasons:
    1) They want to keep your business
    2) They don't want you to tell everyone you know how **** their service is (word of mouth travels very fast)

This is no different. We finished an event. We usually get our rewards within the hour. (Two hours max). This is taken 36+ hours for most to get their rewards (on an event with a brand new character, so everyone is shooting for it). If they want to keep their play base, (especially the ones that dump money into the game), they will need some "crowd control". A way to make everyone happy again, or at the very least avoid a riot and everyone mass quitting. They have but 2 options:
    1) Give something of value away, i.e. Daken Covers, at least 250HP, any 10 pack (heroic and up)
    AND
    2) Give everyone an apology and start communicating more about what is going on.

I am pretty sure that if they would have said something at the start of this, they would have avoided everything that is going on now.
  • Nighthawk81
    Nighthawk81 Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    finwe wrote:

I'm not sure whether one could define this whole mess still as only a glitch. And it's not just late rewards and display issues. Oscorp had this huge scoring issue and in the end it didn't really fix itself with scaling, Alliance chat is only working half of the time, events are randomly not available for me, nodes disappearing, scores not registering.

3 Daken covers might be a little much, but it's a game after all. A single cover giveaway for example would cost them practically nothing. And a little gift to soothe some disgruntled parts of the community might be just the right thing now for the long run. Because you know somehow I got the feeling the general mood around here is at an all time low.

I think "some" is quite an understatement.
  • Unknown
    Options

Honestly, this is my gut reaction to the complaints: it seems greedy of the playerbase to cry out for free prizes every time there's a server issue. I've come to realize in the last few weeks, though, that my gut reaction is just wrong.

We're playing a game with exorbitant pricing built into it, and it's a game wherein premium goods are released with a shocking stinginess. It may have skewed our notion of the value of the virtual products they're peddling or the value of customer good will, but we need to take a step back and get some perspective. I'm also currently playing Brave Frontier (for instance), and the difference between the way these two games treat their playerbases is astounding. If there were a tabulation glitch in Brave Frontier, I can guarantee you that everyone who logged in the next day would get a present and an apology to make up for it. When the servers go down--sometimes when they're down for maintenance--the developers give out presents to make up for lost playtime.

The fact of the matter is, giving out 100,000 free 3* Daken covers costs D3 nothing. It eliminates the possibility that some people will buy one more level of Daken with premium currency, but it's not a guarantee even of that (for instance, I'll buy my last yellow Hood cover with HP as soon as I can, but I probably won't buy 2...so if they gave me a yellow Hood tomorrow it wouldn't eliminate a purchase for me, it would just make it happen sooner). The fact that a level of a power costs a player roughly $10 to buy outright doesn't mean that a cover is worth $10, and it doesn't mean that D3 loses a million dollars by giving 100,000 of them away.

There's something to be said for giving things to your playerbase, but this isn't the way D3 operates. They giveth, but only as much as they simultaneously taketh. Remember when 25 HP was added to the Standard recruit pool, and the HP sale value of 3*s disappeared? (This was allegedly in part to alleviate the desirability of veteran players sweeping tournaments and selling all of their prizes--something they immediately made desirable again with the institution of the season in PvP, but it isn't a problem now because we aren't earning premium currency.) Now 25 HP is gone from the standard recruit pool (no big deal, it was exceedingly rare), but it has shown up on the daily rewards every 10 days. Which is okay, and everything, but we have a 1 in 8 shot of getting 50 HP in that place anyway, so it's really only 4 times as much HP as we should mathematically expect to get on that day normally.

Would it have bankrupted the company to make that spot a guaranteed 50 HP? No. But this company is incredibly stingy, and the ridiculous forced scarcity they've enforced on us has begun to feel perfectly normal. Do they owe us anything for the server problems? No, of course not. Would it be nice of them to give us something anyway, and not out of character for other game companies? Yes, of course.

Will they do it? Probably not.