HoD is fun....

Thuran
Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
edited December 2018 in MtGPQ General Discussion
So, event just launched, an event where you need to go perfect to hope for any real prizes....

Unable to load the very first match, stuck on endless swirling....but since its in the loading phase, its impossible to restart without getting an automatic loss credited.

Love this game at times, tell me exactly WHY there is no option of reconnecting to a match?

Comments

• stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    And why does one node in particular behave differently than the others?
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    HOD had is issues since beginning. But this event have to go. It's one event with the most iteration an there was a time we had it every week. And now, four sets later? We still play HOD. 
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2018
    This is a new HOD version, just 2 nodes. >:) 

Relax, enjoy and live.

And no, it is not fun repeating, repeating, repeating HOD events.

Next week: Return of the God Pharao!!!
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Interestingly, the tiebreaker node is the bugged one. I assume a dropped secondary will push you out of top 50. I must admit that I enjoy this version more than the regular one
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    we love non left node HoD
    hurayyyyyy
  • Boogeyman
    Boogeyman Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    I have lost 3 points... Have 95/98.... Rank 142.... 
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Interestingly, the tiebreaker node is the bugged one. I assume a dropped secondary will push you out of top 50. I must admit that I enjoy this version more than the regular one
    How about a bounce freeze? ON the right node... that's right, rejoice... I just lost my chance at 450 purples because yeah... bugs. It HAD to happen this specific event when 450 purples are at stake. Awesome!
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tilwin90 said:
    How about a bounce freeze? ON the right node... that's right, rejoice... I just lost my chance at 450 purples because yeah... bugs. It HAD to happen this specific event when 450 purples are at stake. Awesome!

I had one of those, too. Lucky us!  At least the playing field is level. =)
  • Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    For funsies, I checked ranking when I had an unplayed node, right now a single loss in my bracket would place you at 117th
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thuran said:
    For funsies, I checked ranking when I had an unplayed node, right now a single loss in my bracket would place you at 117th
    Your lucky.  Half a loss (-4) in my bracket had me at 138th, and I checked that hours ago
  • IM_CARLOS
    Yeah, bounce bug here too. Bye bye T100.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    I've lost a match, too.
    If now every player in platinum with a perfect score would be so kind to lose a match, I'd totally appreciate it! 
    Also those who won every match and lost secondaries, align your secondary losses please so you hit perfect - 7 by tomorrow! Cheers
  • IM_CARLOS
    Thuran said:
    Had lost 1pt. before, that kicked me out of T50. Now with -8pt I am P147 in the Moment. 
  • Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    I don't like how players are ranked. In my bracket 40 people have a perfect
    Score. The next player that lost 1 pts is ranked at 41. This does not make sense. To me that person should be ranked at 2nd place and be rewarded accordingly.
    I don't like this new ranking set by hybernum to limit price given. As it is, no one in my bracket will claim 2nd place rewards. This tinykitty rank has to change especially when rewards are heavier for individual rank.
    Coalition rewards should be higher for a couple of reasons:
    1. The current system is tinykitty inappropriate for a bug infested game. For a perfect score, you  need to be updated on reported bugs, luck and prayers. Even sorting your hand can cause a soft lock.
    2. Losing a game or single point and more likely to them bugs can be demoralizing. You're immediately ranked into mediocre rewards.
    At this point, it's hard to continue the grind and there is point in doing so.
    The coalition rewards are also mediocre to justify further grind.

If coalition rewards were heavier, it would be much easier for each individual in the coalition  to contribute more. It would also make it easier to tolerate bugs.

• Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    This! ^^

That’s well-put sir. Now if only D3 and Oktagon paid attention to this detail. It would take out a whole lot of frustration and rage against the game and developers - at least for me it would. But that system would actually make sense. You lost a point, you’re 2nd place. You lose 2 points, 3rd place, etc. Not that you lose 1 point and you are placed at 150...
  • Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    I wish they would do away with 3k brackets all together. They are obnoxious.
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Its the massive bracket size that bothers me most of all. I understand that if 40 are perfect, the person with -1 doesn't get 2nd place but 41st; there are 40 people who scored better. But with the huge brackets a lost point has too much impact. I like the idea of Gideon.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Just a quick reminder - the system we have now might not be perfect, but it's already a huge improvement. Before the current system, there were no ties. The 50 people (random guess) currently tied to rank one? They'd be rank one to fifty. Based not only on their score, but also who reached the score when. You're now rank 114 because of a loss? Depending on when you got the last point, you could've been rank 151.

A new matchmaking / tier system like it is in development is very likely to solve some of those issues.

By the way,the ladder system that has been mentioned.. We have that. It's the progression rewards - it just does not stretch all the way up to 100%, but ends with 30-60%.

My idea was always to stretch progression rewards to the maximum score, with small intervals at the bottom (and depending on the tier), and bigger ones at the top,without touching the rank system.
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Gideon said:
    I’ve been saying this since the beginning of the game. Rewards should be bracketed.
    -0 Best rewards 
    -1 through -7 
    -8 through -15
    etc...
    The points can be changed per event depending on how many points a node awards.

This makes so much sense...

We already have Coalition brackets and personal achievement levels, can't we just give everyone who gets perfect a bracket reward instead of having 10+ people all with the same score and the next 5 being ranked in the next bracket just because they played later??

Instead, we have, "Yes, I'm tied for 1st place, currently at 12th...  :p "