Comments

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:
    shardwick said:
    shardwick said:
    I gave up chasing 5 stars. 
    Not really chasing either just wanted to get a Kingpin for pve and then I was gonna switch over and pull from latest to hopefully get more purple Kitty covers. But by the time that I got Kingpin I had drained almost all of my cp.
    Were you interested in chasing Ock or Thanos? If not, why not wait for Fisk to enter Latests so you could 2/3 of your pulls would be Fisk or Kitty?
    Really don't have any interest in Ock or Thanos. My Loki is at 11 covers and I wanted to finish him off. My plan was to hopefully pull a Kingpin early on, then move to latests and pull the rest of the hoard for Kitty or until I got my last two Lokis then I would stop and not pull again until he left latests. 
    I definitely would’ve waited then (not that hearing that is helpful now). Especially if all three Latests are of interest to you. They never make the new 5* required until they’re available in tokens as far as I know, so in the future know there’s no harm in waiting. 
    I like Loki more than Kingpin so I wasn't going to wait and then have to rely on getting another 35 covers from MEHulk to finish him off. Plus I was already itching to open tokens and I like being one of the first to roster a new 5*.
    I don’t know why I thought Loki and Kingpin were going to be in at the same time. Forgot Fisk is replacing Loki. That makes sense.  While its nice to have a new 5 rostered and not have to worry about it, I more often than not just wait for them to rotate, except for the rare instances where the new release store is of interest, which is super rare. This just happened to be one of those times as Thanos is probably the only truly meta classic character I’m missing (which really-  that’s not a long list... Thor, Okoye, Thanos, maybe Jessica, soon Kitty?). While I may be one of the first to have gotten a Fisk, it does nothing for me when there are whales out there who champ him day one. 

I totally get the itchy trigger finger though. Restraint in this game is hard! I get to open again New Years Eve and then if all goes according to plan and I finish Kitty, I may be looking at a months long hiatus from opening tokens. Will need to create some new goals to work toward during that drought. 
    It's more peace of mind than anything. Get the new 5* rostered then I don't have to worry about it anymore. It's not like I'm champing a 5* anytime soon, if ever. Maybe if they drastically change the game up but I doubt it. And yeah for me it was either unload my hoard when Fisk's store went up or wait until Prowler and Bishop went into tokens. Couldn't go another week of waiting.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Last time Thanos was disappointed he erased half of galaxies
    Technically it was only half of all life, so all the galaxies are still there.  The odds of you completing Doc Ock however are not so optimistic.
  • Ex_XMan_Man
    Ex_XMan_Man Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    And here I am in the transition to 4* land, I pulled 15 tokens last night and received 3 5* characters.  In most games, that would be considered a win to pull top tier characters, but for the marathon that MPQ is considered...not so much help for me.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    And here I am in the transition to 4* land, I pulled 15 tokens last night and received 3 5* characters.  In most games, that would be considered a win to pull top tier characters, but for the marathon that MPQ is considered...not so much help for me.
    The reality of the game is that you have to be lucky 13 times before getting that "top tier" character.  But it's actually worse than that.  It's more like you have to get lucky 45 times pulling Latest before you fully cover those "top tier" characters.  And then, those newly covered 5*s may not be that great and actually not help your progression in the game. 
    I have a new theory, Demiurge is purposely releasing top tier 5*s every 3rd time.  So, when one leaves, another one replaces them in Latest.  So, if our assumptions that 5* Marvel will be great, she will replace Kitty, another top tier character.  I know this pattern hasn't always been true in the past though. 
    It would be awesome if a 5* Marvel passively created fortified specials.  How about something like this:

5* Marvel at level 450
    0 Red Passive: when your team makes a red match, create a strength 400 fortified red strike tile and deal 5,000 damage to the target if you now have 3 or more red strike tiles.
    0 Yellow Passive: when your team makes a yellow match, create a strength 400 fortified yellow protect tile and give your team a burst of 4,000 health if you now have 3 or more yellow protect tiles.
    0 Black Passive: when your team makes a black match, create a strength 500 fortified black attack tile and deal 2,000 damage to the enemy team if you now have 3 or more black attack tiles.

This would be awesome and combo with many characters from all tiers. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bbigler said:
    The reality of the game is that you have to be lucky 13 times before getting that "top tier" character.  But it's actually worse than that.  It's more like you have to get lucky 45 times pulling Latest before you fully cover those "top tier" characters.  And then, those newly covered 5*s may not be that great and actually not help your progression in the game. 
    I have a new theory, Demiurge is purposely releasing top tier 5*s every 3rd time.  So, when one leaves, another one replaces them in Latest.  So, if our assumptions that 5* Marvel will be great, she will replace Kitty, another top tier character.  I know this pattern hasn't always been true in the past though. 
    It would be awesome if a 5* Marvel passively created fortified specials.  How about something like this:

5* Marvel at level 450
    0 Red Passive: when your team makes a red match, create a strength 400 fortified red strike tile and deal 5,000 damage to the target if you now have 3 or more red strike tiles.
    0 Yellow Passive: when your team makes a yellow match, create a strength 400 fortified yellow protect tile and give your team a burst of 4,000 health if you now have 3 or more yellow protect tiles.
    0 Black Passive: when your team makes a black match, create a strength 500 fortified black attack tile and deal 2,000 damage to the enemy team if you now have 3 or more black attack tiles.

This would be awesome and combo with many characters from all tiers. 

Kitty is the next one up to leave Latest Legends. The Captain Marvel Movie opens in March, so that's when it is most likely we will get a fivestar version (if we get one at all, but let's face it... we probably will). There's one more fivestar release Before then (late January if they stick to the Schedule) that will replace Kitty, then the March release will replace Cable.

It will probably be a while until we get a Latest Legends like 5trange/Thanos/Panther or Daredevil/Gambit/Thor though. But since then Jessica Jones/Captain America/Okoye was a pretty decent setup. If two of the fivestars are good enough you can probably overlook a dud in there, particularly if it is possible to avoid. Going to be interesting to see if people bust hoards early for Captain Marvel or wait until Kingpin rotates out...

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The next 5*: 

28. Kitty Pryde
    29. Cable
    30. Kingpin

31. 24th Jan 2019
    32. 7th Mar 2019 (8th March - Captain Marvel movie)
    33. 18th April 2019 (26th April - Avengers: End Game)

I expect good 5* for March - May 2019. I'll probably hoard till then.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I spent 200 to get a Kingpin cover.
    And then, just like when you open a can of Pringles, I spent my remaining 500 CP on Classic tokens, and didn't get a Green Thor cover.
    Disappointed :disappointed: