Disappointed....

Options
Thanos
Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
I'm liking the Dc Ock rework so i spent 1k cp in the big bads store and only got two Ock covers. So i'll probably never get him covered. The same thing goes for several other of the older fives. Some special stores with specific older fives in them would go a long way to solving this problem.

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Last time Thanos was disappointed he erased half of galaxies
    Ha!
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I spent about 1500 command points and got 3 Thanos 1 Doc Ock and finally Kingpin.  So I share your pain. I am not sure why RNG was so brutal this time.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    i stay away from the new release 5* stores. i've never had even close to the expected 5* pull rate from them.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I gave up chasing 5 stars. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm not even trying. I really like the new design, but I'm not overly fussed about the new King Pin and I'm REALLY not bothered about more Thanos covers right now. Not when I'm trying to get Kitty, Loki and Cable champed already...not that that's going well.

I wish there were better ways of earning classic 5*s. By the time I made it onto the 5* scene, a lot of the older ones were basically locked out to me.Luckily I got Gambit, Okoye and Thor while they were hot, but improving them is out of the question now.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not really chasing either just wanted to get a Kingpin for pve and then I was gonna switch over and pull from latest to hopefully get more purple Kitty covers. But by the time that I got Kingpin I had drained almost all of my cp.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:
    Not really chasing either just wanted to get a Kingpin for pve and then I was gonna switch over and pull from latest to hopefully get more purple Kitty covers. But by the time that I got Kingpin I had drained almost all of my cp.
    Were you interested in chasing Ock or Thanos? If not, why not wait for Fisk to enter Latests so you could 2/3 of your pulls would be Fisk or Kitty?
  • Wilger
    Wilger Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Options

Was going for that 3th blue for my 6-2-6 Oc and not purple for 2-12-1 Thanos. 1200CP got me 4 Kingpin, 2 green Oc, 1 Purple Thanos. Soooo!!, oh well got me a good base for Kingpin with 2-1-1.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    These stores always go badly for me so after I bagged a Doc Ock after spending just 60CP I decided to call that a good day. Kingpin can wait.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2018
    Options
    The odds of getting Dr Ock is 1/7 x 1/3 = 1/21

1000 CP is 40 pulls.

2/40 =1/20 = within the odds.

How many 5* in total did you get from 40 pulls?

You still can depend on Carnage to get guaranteed 6 covers for Dr. Ock.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Don't worry, he still sucks after his rework.

Only now you can't grill with him anymore, cause he might go stun immune and mess up someone's hop.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    OJSP said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    These stores always go badly for me so after I bagged a Doc Ock after spending just 60CP I decided to call that a good day. Kingpin can wait.
    60? You got a discount?
    Sorry yeah that should be 75.
  • shardwick
    Options
    shardwick said:
    Were you interested in chasing Ock or Thanos? If not, why not wait for Fisk to enter Latests so you could 2/3 of your pulls would be Fisk or Kitty?
    Really don't have any interest in Ock or Thanos. My Loki is at 11 covers and I wanted to finish him off. My plan was to hopefully pull a Kingpin early on, then move to latests and pull the rest of the hoard for Kitty or until I got my last two Lokis then I would stop and not pull again until he left latests. 
  • Daredevil217
    Options
    shardwick said:
    shardwick said:
    Really don't have any interest in Ock or Thanos. My Loki is at 11 covers and I wanted to finish him off. My plan was to hopefully pull a Kingpin early on, then move to latests and pull the rest of the hoard for Kitty or until I got my last two Lokis then I would stop and not pull again until he left latests. 
    I definitely would’ve waited then (not that hearing that is helpful now). Especially if all three Latests are of interest to you. They never make the new 5* required until they’re available in tokens as far as I know, so in the future know there’s no harm in waiting. 
  • shardwick
    Options
    shardwick said:
    shardwick said:
    I definitely would’ve waited then (not that hearing that is helpful now). Especially if all three Latests are of interest to you. They never make the new 5* required until they’re available in tokens as far as I know, so in the future know there’s no harm in waiting. 
    I like Loki more than Kingpin so I wasn't going to wait and then have to rely on getting another 35 covers from MEHulk to finish him off. Plus I was already itching to open tokens and I like being one of the first to roster a new 5*.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    OJSP said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Sorry yeah that should be 75.
    No need to be sorry. I was just curious.
    I would have been too! Sadly it was a typo and not a discount!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sorry but I just have to...

• Daredevil217
    Options
    shardwick said:
    shardwick said:
    shardwick said:
    I like Loki more than Kingpin so I wasn't going to wait and then have to rely on getting another 35 covers from MEHulk to finish him off. Plus I was already itching to open tokens and I like being one of the first to roster a new 5*.
    I don’t know why I thought Loki and Kingpin were going to be in at the same time. Forgot Fisk is replacing Loki. That makes sense.  While its nice to have a new 5 rostered and not have to worry about it, I more often than not just wait for them to rotate, except for the rare instances where the new release store is of interest, which is super rare. This just happened to be one of those times as Thanos is probably the only truly meta classic character I’m missing (which really-  that’s not a long list... Thor, Okoye, Thanos, maybe Jessica, soon Kitty?). While I may be one of the first to have gotten a Fisk, it does nothing for me when there are whales out there who champ him day one. 

I totally get the itchy trigger finger though. Restraint in this game is hard! I get to open again New Years Eve and then if all goes according to plan and I finish Kitty, I may be looking at a months long hiatus from opening tokens. Will need to create some new goals to work toward during that drought.